Jump to topic:

Sushi?

SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:10:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been pondering on what type of fish I should use to make sushi with as well as any other things I should add to it. I would deeply appreciate any information on what I should put in my sushi rolls to make them taste good.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 2:41:17 PM
Fugu... it's to fie for.
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/12/2011 3:02:19 PM
At 6/12/2011 2:41:17 PM, tornshoe92 wrote:
Fugu... it's to fie for.

Unfortunately I have yet to be trained in the art of preparing the Fugu for human consumption.
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:32:29 AM
At 6/13/2011 12:23:27 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Red tuna with a small leaf of parsley or basil on top.

Put the red tuna on a rice bed, heaven....

I could do that.
Any more suggestions?
Minister Of Trolling
:
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:53:23 AM
At 6/13/2011 10:32:29 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I could do that.
Any more suggestions?

A small piece of salmon and a small piece of white/red tuna side by side on the same rice bed.

Shrimp on a rice bed.

White tuna with a drop of tobasco sauce on a bed of rice.

Eel on a bed of rice.

Squid on a bed of rice.

Red tuna on a bed of rice with a leave of parsely or basil wrapped in seaweed.

Little chops of salmon or red tuna, on a bed of rice that is folded around into a cylinder, wrapped in seaweed.

Shrimp with a drop of tobasco wrapped in seaweed on a bed of rice.

Please take pics.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:11:55 PM
At 6/13/2011 11:53:23 AM, Rockylightning wrote:

I could do that.
Any more suggestions?

A small piece of salmon and a small piece of white/red tuna side by side on the same rice bed.

Shrimp on a rice bed.

Eel on a bed of rice.

Squid on a bed of rice.

Little chops of salmon or red tuna, on a bed of rice that is folded around into a cylinder, wrapped in seaweed.

Please take pics.

I shall, but I could use wasabi sauce instead of tobasco.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:18:17 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:11:55 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I could do that.
Any more suggestions?

Shrimp on a rice bed.

Eel on a bed of rice.

Squid on a bed of rice.

Please take pics.

Wasabi is good, but tabasco sinks into the meat making it invisible. It is good for giving the fish a suprise kick.

Also consider throwing in some cucumber.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:24:56 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:18:17 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 6/13/2011 12:11:55 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

I could do that.
Any more suggestions?

Shrimp on a rice bed.

Eel on a bed of rice.

Squid on a bed of rice.

Please take pics.

Wasabi is good, but tabasco sinks into the meat making it invisible. It is good for giving the fish a suprise kick.

Also consider throwing in some cucumber.

The cucumber, I almost forgot about that!
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:47:46 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:32:45 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
dont forget carrots and avacado

Hmm, I'm iffy on the carrots but there most definitely shall be avocado.
Minister Of Trolling
:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 3:28:30 PM
Use crab meat and avocado and cucumber to make a California roll. Imitation crab meat is fairly easy to come by these days.

Tuna cut into chunks, mixed with mayo and some spicy sauce, is also good. Go look up gunkan-maki, its fairly easy to make and its delicious alternative to normal sushi.

My favorite is the negitoro, get some chu-toro(medium tuna belly fat), finely mince it together with chopped welsh onion. Its quite good.

Careful with raw salmon, make sure it has been flash frozen less than -40 degrees celsius I believe, to prevent ingesting parasites.

Also, authentic sushi is made with a touch of vinegar in the rice. Don't use too much rice, infact the amount of rice should be 3/4 to 1/2 of the surface area of the fish.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 7:54:39 PM
At 6/13/2011 3:28:30 PM, tkubok wrote:
Use crab meat and avocado and cucumber to make a California roll. Imitation crab meat is fairly easy to come by these days.

Tuna cut into chunks, mixed with mayo and some spicy sauce, is also good. Go look up gunkan-maki, its fairly easy to make and its delicious alternative to normal sushi.

My favorite is the negitoro, get some chu-toro(medium tuna belly fat), finely mince it together with chopped welsh onion. Its quite good.

Careful with raw salmon, make sure it has been flash frozen less than -40 degrees celsius I believe, to prevent ingesting parasites.

Also, authentic sushi is made with a touch of vinegar in the rice. Don't use too much rice, infact the amount of rice should be 3/4 to 1/2 of the surface area of the fish.

I'll do this as well but I am skeptical about the mayo.
Minister Of Trolling
:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 3:00:54 AM
At 6/13/2011 7:54:39 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Mayo is actually quite prominently used these days as a fusion cuisine. They mix, for example, chili sauce, Mayo and Baby scallops on a Gunkan Maki, and its quite good.

http://www.sushiencyclopedia.com...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 11:55:44 AM
At 6/14/2011 3:00:54 AM, tkubok wrote:

Mayo is actually quite prominently used these days as a fusion cuisine. They mix, for example, chili sauce, Mayo and Baby scallops on a Gunkan Maki, and its quite good.

May need to try that.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 12:43:27 PM
At 6/15/2011 11:55:44 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

May need to try that.

so when do you plan on making these?
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/16/2011 9:23:33 PM
At 6/16/2011 12:43:27 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 6/15/2011 11:55:44 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

May need to try that.

so when do you plan on making these?

When we go to the local market which should be about next weekend.
Minister Of Trolling
:
tkubok
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/18/2011 11:32:10 PM
At 6/18/2011 11:20:03 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
If mayo in sushi is not unconstitutional, it should be. It's awful.

How so? im japanese, ive been to japanese sushi restaurants, even Kyubei at the Hotel Okra(Ate the Lightly seared Ootoro, which cost m 30 bucks for 1 peice). And I enjoy the Baby scallops mixed with Spicy mayo sauce in a Gunkan-maki, and have eaten it at a sushi restaurant in japan.
Meatros
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 6:59:11 AM
At 6/12/2011 2:10:27 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
I've been pondering on what type of fish I should use to make sushi with as well as any other things I should add to it. I would deeply appreciate any information on what I should put in my sushi rolls to make them taste good.

My go-to is salmon and avocado. Although I do like to fry up some salmon skin and make some rolls out of that.

You should also try flying fish eggs with a quail egg on top. That is mass-yum.