Are you content?

Cody_Franklin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:31:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 12:25:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
Are you content with where you are mentally, physically, fiscally, philosophically?

Mentally - No, because I'm hardly well-learned yet. Also, I've read some psychological/neurological work suggesting that, right now, I'm in my mental prime with regard to my mind's sharpness, which means I can only decline after hitting the plateau of my youth (or work increasingly hard to maintain mental fitness).

Physically - No, because I'm a pretty physically unimpressive dude, in terms of fitness. I've got good posture and "presence", but that's about it.

Fiscally - No. I'm a broke college student working to pay a lease.

Philosophically - No. I'll never be content here, because there will always be more to learn, and more questions which can't be answered.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 12:35:41 AM
Mentally: I believe I am content with who I am

Physically: Not really. Trying to pack on a bit more muscle.

Fiscally: I saved up 400 bucks over two years. Woop de frickin doo.

Philosophically: As Cody Frank said, there are always more questions to ask.
interrogator
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 8:18:35 AM
Rocky. I am content to a certain degree. But I dont wanna be. I put my
expecations which are realistic at this point, pretty high. So now I must
attain them. I will not be satisfied until I do.
Rob1_Billion
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:21:24 AM
"Show me a thoroughly satisfied man, and I will show you a failure" - Thomas Edison

For the last year I have been content with these things, and I have been a failure because of it. I am starting to emerge from my discontent and trying to get my life back on track.
kfc
annhasle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:45:56 PM
Are you content with where you are mentally, physically, fiscally, philosophically?

If not why?

Mentally: At the moment, I'm probably the closest I've been to being content in awhile but I don't believe I'll ever be completely content.

Physically: Definitely not. My health will always be a source of discomfort and stress.

Fiscally: I'm broke and working at the ACLU for minimum wage. Not even close to content...

Philosophically: As long as there is more to learn and analyze, I will not be content. So I'll never be content philosophically.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 6:03:04 PM
Mentally: A bit, I'm taking up a physics major next year so that will be a huge amount of work and time that I need to invest.
Physically: Strength-wise, yes, endurance-wise is a different story. Then you go to these MMA gyms and realize how useless strength when the best guys there are skinny fvckers who can beat the sh1t out of guys who can bench twice their max.
Fiscally: I can certainly make it through college with my poker earnings, but I sort of want a car which I can maybe squeeze out of my Uncle who literally has a spare car rotting in a the parking lot of a nursing home (he is not in the nursing home, it's my grandfather's home - I am not that old.)
Philosophically: Satisfied, still more to learn though.
belle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:42:47 PM

If not why?

yeah, in the sense that where i "am" is going somewhere. i am certainly not content to stop where i am at in all those dimensions and let things lie, but i feel that i am making great progress in all these areas and will continue to do so. i don't think people are capable of being 100% satisfied where they're at.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 10:49:04 PM
At 6/13/2011 12:31:44 AM, Cody_Franklin wrote:

Mentally - No, because I'm hardly well-learned yet. Also, I've read some psychological/neurological work suggesting that, right now, I'm in my mental prime with regard to my mind's sharpness, which means I can only decline after hitting the plateau of my youth (or work increasingly hard to maintain mental fitness).

Physically - No, because I'm a pretty physically unimpressive dude, in terms of fitness. I've got good posture and "presence", but that's about it.

Fiscally - No. I'm a broke college student working to pay a lease.

Philosophically - No. I'll never be content here, because there will always be more to learn, and more questions which can't be answered.

=(
kfc
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:12:50 PM
Are you content with where you are

mentally,
I've got to get Much better at actually doing things

physically,
I'm out of shape, but I am content with myself generally.. I know I can Get in good shape.. I've just gotta do it.

fiscally,
I'm content not having much money... but I owe college money.. which is quite annoying to have weighing over me.

philosophically?
yes.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:31:50 AM

If not why?

At this moment I am content.

Mentally, I am at peace.
Physically, I do my best and work toward doing better, but accept my body today.
Fiscally, my bills are paid, and this is where I can fall into a tricky area, but today I have food in my refrigerator, the mortgage has been paid, and there are no bills waiting to be paid. I ultimately know everything will be okay, but know that I have the opportunities to do better and know I will do better.
philosophically, I am content in that I have a strong foundation on which to build and will continue to build. I am content with the direction I am going.

I am content in who I am, and what I have achieved, I am content with the people I have in my life and am at peace with myself. I am content in the relationship I have with the world. I am content with my imperfections, and know there is purpose to them. I am at peace at this moment, and accept all that is my life.
BangBang-Coconut
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 4:40:44 AM

If not why?

Mentally-
No, and honestly I don't think I could ever be. At the point I am content with what I know, I stop living.

Physically-
No, I'm a fatty fatty two by four.

Fiscally-
Pff, yeah I guess. All I need is provided for me, and most of what I want I get; so I guess it would just be wrong to complain.

Philosophically-
Yup :) I know what I believe, and I'm content with it.
Brainmaster
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 8:34:11 AM
Mentally- IQ placed between 135 and 150 (though my debates don't reflect it)

Physically- I weigh at 31 on BMI (for reference, 30 is "obese"

Fiscally- I'm living comfortably at 80,000 a year

Philosophically- I believe in God, and I feel good for it.
Kfc.
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 5:32:50 AM
At 6/14/2011 8:34:11 AM, Brainmaster wrote:
Mentally- IQ placed between 135 and 150 (though my debates don't reflect it)

Nor does your behaviour -_-
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/15/2011 9:06:14 AM
Are you content with where you are mentally

Pretty much, only mild outbreaks of depression, no voices or other signs of psychosis.

physically

Yes, but only because I have really low standards.

fiscally

Ditto. I'm content but I'd rather be comfortable.

philosophically?

Yeah, I don't really bother thinking about that stuff too much.