Total Posts:53|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Drugs

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?
Rob1_Billion
Posts: 1,300
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense. I had to smoke a half-dozen times before I got high, and I mean like taking 6-7 hits directly out of a pipe, one after another, and then being disappointed because nothing happened. It wasn't until I smoked 4 joints in a row in like my seventh attempt to do it that I finally broke my seal and experienced it. Once you experience it, you won't bother writing threads like this.
kfc
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 1:22:25 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Drugs..

I spent an entire year of my life experimenting with drugs, mostly of the psychedelic type.. After that, I quite cold turkey, haven't went back.

You can learn a lot from drugs, but you also learn is that you are better off without them. Going from a drugged up mind state to a sober one is a trip in itself. Either way, the way you begin to appreciate the small little things inherent to life while on drugs carries over to when you do become sober.

Habitual use of any drug isn't good. Drug addicts run around with blinders on their eyes.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:16:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense.

Lol. THIS.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:19:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense. I had to smoke a half-dozen times before I got high, and I mean like taking 6-7 hits directly out of a pipe, one after another, and then being disappointed because nothing happened. It wasn't until I smoked 4 joints in a row in like my seventh attempt to do it that I finally broke my seal and experienced it. Once you experience it, you won't bother writing threads like this.

Someone is selling you thyme and calling it pot. lol.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:20:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 5:16:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense.

Lol. THIS.

Not entirely true. Living in a house with someone that smokes pot has caused me to not pass a urine test. It is possible to get high second hand, especially depending the quantity that the person had been smoking.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
annhasle
Posts: 6,657
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:30:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 5:20:54 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 5:16:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense.

Lol. THIS.

Not entirely true. Living in a house with someone that smokes pot has caused me to not pass a urine test. It is possible to get high second hand, especially depending the quantity that the person had been smoking.

Living in a house with someone who smokes regularly is entirely different than sitting next to someone on a train. And I'm guessing that the man was not smoking on the train since it is most likely public transport whereas your roommate most likely was smoking indoors. The two are not analogous.

And I'm fully aware that it is possible to get high "second hand". But in the way he describes, I'm extremely skeptical.
I'm not back. This idiot just upset me which made me stop lurking.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 5:36:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 5:30:31 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 5:20:54 PM, OreEle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 5:16:51 PM, annhasle wrote:
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense.

Lol. THIS.

Not entirely true. Living in a house with someone that smokes pot has caused me to not pass a urine test. It is possible to get high second hand, especially depending the quantity that the person had been smoking.

Living in a house with someone who smokes regularly is entirely different than sitting next to someone on a train. And I'm guessing that the man was not smoking on the train since it is most likely public transport whereas your roommate most likely was smoking indoors. The two are not analogous.

And I'm fully aware that it is possible to get high "second hand". But in the way he describes, I'm extremely skeptical.

Depending on the time of day (or night, more accurately), there will be people smoking on the train. I've had people offer me hits in the middle of the night while waiting for the maxline to take me from the Grey Hound bus stop to home. As well as some drunk guy (who accepted the hit and commented about how he hasn't done pot since the 80's) who made sure I knew to never get in a drinking contest with guys from the navy (he repeated the same story half a dozen times).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:54:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:08:38 PM, Rob1_Billion wrote:
At 6/13/2011 11:58:15 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
What is the appeal to drugs?

I admit myself to have gotten high because of sitting next to a stoner on a train.
I did not enjoy it.
I became paranoid, dizzy, and tense.

It was not fun.

So I want to know, from you weeders.

Why?

You did not get high sitting next to someone on a f*cking bus. What actually happened is that your paranoia of being that close to something you don't understand gave you some placebic effect, which your mind expected to be dizzy and tense. I had to smoke a half-dozen times before I got high, and I mean like taking 6-7 hits directly out of a pipe, one after another, and then being disappointed because nothing happened. It wasn't until I smoked 4 joints in a row in like my seventh attempt to do it that I finally broke my seal and experienced it. Once you experience it, you won't bother writing threads like this.

His joint was literally 3 inches from my face.
belle
Posts: 4,113
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/13/2011 11:58:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 5:36:23 PM, OreEle wrote:
Depending on the time of day (or night, more accurately), there will be people smoking on the train. I've had people offer me hits in the middle of the night while waiting for the maxline to take me from the Grey Hound bus stop to home. As well as some drunk guy (who accepted the hit and commented about how he hasn't done pot since the 80's) who made sure I knew to never get in a drinking contest with guys from the navy (he repeated the same story half a dozen times).

even so, its much more likely that he just smelled it and got anxious (dizzy and tense/paranoid sound more like a minor anxiety attack than getting high).

in any case, its also true that its quite difficult to get high without trying. the first few times i smoked nothing happened, because i didn't know how to inhale. the fact that your body absorbed some THC by living in a house with a pothead isn't the same as getting high from sitting next to someone who was smoking. no doubt you inhaled small amounts repeatedly, which could cause it to build up in your body, but not to levels that will actually get you high. after all, the effect wears off in a few hours, but they can still detect it in a urine test up to a month later. it doesn't take that much to set off the test.
evidently i only come to ddo to avoid doing homework...
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:15:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 11:58:16 PM, belle wrote:
even so, its much more likely that he just smelled it and got anxious (dizzy and tense/paranoid sound more like a minor anxiety attack than getting high).

This.

after all, the effect wears off in a few hours...

Lucky. My high lasts like 30 minutes :(
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:18:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 1:22:25 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Drugs..

I spent an entire year of my life experimenting with drugs, mostly of the psychedelic type.. After that, I quite cold turkey, haven't went back.

You can learn a lot from drugs, but you also learn is that you are better off without them. Going from a drugged up mind state to a sober one is a trip in itself. Either way, the way you begin to appreciate the small little things inherent to life while on drugs carries over to when you do become sober.

Habitual use of any drug isn't good. Drug addicts run around with blinders on their eyes.

I love that psychadelics aren't addictive, and your analysis is pretty spot on to my experience.
President of DDO
Danielle
Posts: 21,330
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:20:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/13/2011 5:20:54 PM, OreEle wrote
Not entirely true. Living in a house with someone that smokes pot has caused me to not pass a urine test. It is possible to get high second hand, especially depending the quantity that the person had been smoking.

I highly doubt that this is true. It doesn't have to do with how much others smoke; it's how much of it you personally inhale. If you're hot boxing with someone (smoking in a car or small room with them with the windows rolled up), then yeah you may get a contact high. That never works for me unfortunately lol I wish it did. But you would need to be around enough smoke to seriously irritate the eyes in order for a urine test to come out positive.
President of DDO
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:54:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
getting stoned off your trolley and having marijuana in your system are two different things. and he was living with the dude.
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:55:53 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 6/14/2011 10:54:58 AM, badger wrote:
getting stoned off your trolley and having marijuana in your system are two different things. and he was living with the dude.

or chick!
signature
badger
Posts: 11,793
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/14/2011 10:57:26 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
as of my appeal to drugs.. no idea.. they're a bit of crack? escape from reality? i dunno.. weed calms me down and i like being calm.
signature