Total Posts:33|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Nightmare.

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 7:53:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Ok, I had a nightmare two nights ago, I won't explain it just yet since it is late over here in England and I am about to go to bed and watch mind films. But lets hear and thus read your own nightmares, or other straight sleep experiences. I have a few, but I will save them for tomorrow, well today since it is past midnight where I a.m.
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 8:50:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 7:53:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
Ok, I had a nightmare two nights ago, I won't explain it just yet since it is late over here in England and I am about to go to bed and watch mind films. But lets hear and thus read your own nightmares, or other straight sleep experiences. I have a few, but I will save them for tomorrow, well today since it is past midnight where I a.m.

Explicate?
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:09:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 8:50:34 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/6/2011 7:53:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
Ok, I had a nightmare two nights ago, I won't explain it just yet since it is late over here in England and I am about to go to bed and watch mind films. But lets hear and thus read your own nightmares, or other straight sleep experiences. I have a few, but I will save them for tomorrow, well today since it is past midnight where I a.m.

Explicate?

Dreams?
popculturepooka
Posts: 7,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:20:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 9:09:15 PM, Denote wrote:
At 7/6/2011 8:50:34 PM, popculturepooka wrote:
At 7/6/2011 7:53:07 PM, GodSands wrote:
Ok, I had a nightmare two nights ago, I won't explain it just yet since it is late over here in England and I am about to go to bed and watch mind films. But lets hear and thus read your own nightmares, or other straight sleep experiences. I have a few, but I will save them for tomorrow, well today since it is past midnight where I a.m.

Explicate?

Dreams?

Oh, lol, that makes sense. I thought that was like some weird term for horror movies, because, y'know, they mess with your mind or something. >.> Your explanation is much more parsimonious.
At 10/3/2016 11:49:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
BLACK LIVES MATTER!
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/6/2011 9:26:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But, Godsands, nightmares pale in comparison to sleep paralysis and the accompanying hallucinations from what I've heard.
wjmelements
Posts: 8,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 1:09:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 8:28:49 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Falling and jolting awake is a classic

I had that one in history last year. I kicked the desk in front of me two feet.
in the blink of an eye you finally see the light
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:27:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've had nightmares and so called sleep paralysis. It is obvious that sleep paralysis is far more frightening, but the nightmare I had three nights ago was not pleasant in the least.

In and about having various dreams, I appeared in a large room that appeared to be a kitchen, as I remember seeing vivid kitchen desk tops. The mood was gloomy and dull, and a person was standing in front of these desks tops looking towards me. I or some other form of that I was looked at the person. The person seemed to stand motionless for around two seconds. Suddenly the person appeared to have a muscular fit while standing, and for about one and a half seconds I experienced a very unpleasant and almost terrifying scene. It woke me up, and I sat up in bed with a mild sense of terror in the room. I turned on my mp3 player and went back to sleep.

It doesn't sound too bad, but it really was unpleasant. I haven't had such a bad night experience since I experienced the alien visitation or demonic encounter in my bed room last year. However many will just call my alien visitation/demonic encounter a sleep paralysis.

Later I will speak of other strange night experiences. Like the time were I woke up in the middle of the night discovering that my head was where my feet were meant to be and visa versa...
Meatros
Posts: 1,075
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 7:57:12 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In retrospect none of my nightmares are particularly note worthy. The only odd thing is that when I was young (say 14?) I used to watch Unsolved Mysteries (Robert stack FTW) and it creeped me out (yet I loved it).

After watching it, I would have the same nightmare (unconnected to the show as far as I can tell). I would be in and airplane hanger, with one or two planes (so pretty empty). There would be a man at the end of the hanger. It would take forever to get over to him. When I eventually did get to him, no matter how hard I tried, I couldn't make-out his face. He'd then raise his hand and it would have pieces missing (it wasn't bleeding).

I'd then wake up, soaked in sweat.

It's not scary, it's a rather boring dream, yet I had it repeatedly.
medic0506
Posts: 13,450
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/7/2011 10:49:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/6/2011 8:28:49 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Falling and jolting awake is a classic

Ever farted in your sleep and woke yourself up??
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/8/2011 3:51:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 10:49:32 PM, medic0506 wrote:
At 7/6/2011 8:28:49 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Falling and jolting awake is a classic

Ever farted in your sleep and woke yourself up??

I was on the verge of having a wet dream when I forced myself to hold it in while waking up.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:32:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/9/2011 7:07:43 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 7/9/2011 1:59:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
lucid nightmares are fun too

How do you lucid dream? I would quite like to know.

How do I or how does one? I , personally am just able to realize it. Usually in the middle it becomes lucid and either gets awesome or ends. Or both. I've had a few lucid nightmares, its like watching a bad horror film.

There are some "techniques" on lucid dreaming, but I think its easier to find your own method. Google it for further info.
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 11:34:47 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 3:32:48 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/9/2011 7:07:43 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 7/9/2011 1:59:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
lucid nightmares are fun too

How do you lucid dream? I would quite like to know.

How do I or how does one? I , personally am just able to realize it. Usually in the middle it becomes lucid and either gets awesome or ends. Or both. I've had a few lucid nightmares, its like watching a bad horror film.

There are some "techniques" on lucid dreaming, but I think its easier to find your own method. Google it for further info.

Best thing about a lucid dream is that you can control what happens in that dream.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 2:51:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 11:34:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
At 7/10/2011 3:32:48 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/9/2011 7:07:43 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 7/9/2011 1:59:02 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
lucid nightmares are fun too

How do you lucid dream? I would quite like to know.

How do I or how does one? I , personally am just able to realize it. Usually in the middle it becomes lucid and either gets awesome or ends. Or both. I've had a few lucid nightmares, its like watching a bad horror film.

There are some "techniques" on lucid dreaming, but I think its easier to find your own method. Google it for further info.

Best thing about a lucid dream is that you can control what happens in that dream.

Not all the time.
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:04:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 11:34:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
Best thing about a lucid dream is that you can control what happens in that dream.

I've never been able to do that. :(
Kinesis
Posts: 3,667
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:06:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/7/2011 8:17:09 PM, Denote wrote:
Off-topic: Is "desk top" a European thing? I'm used to calling them counter tops personally, just curious.

I think it's just a GodSands thing.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 3:14:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The US govt is my nightmare both awake and asleep. It much worse when I am awake though.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 4:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 3:14:18 PM, sadolite wrote:
The US govt is my nightmare both awake and asleep. It much worse when I am awake though.

*Emails to Sarah Palin* I got copyrights on that.
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 4:32:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I dreamed I was on my old elementary school playground being chased around by Yoda who kept hitting me with his lightsaber. No joke.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
tkubok
Posts: 5,044
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 6:42:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 3:04:51 PM, Kinesis wrote:
At 7/10/2011 11:34:47 AM, tkubok wrote:
Best thing about a lucid dream is that you can control what happens in that dream.

I've never been able to do that. :(

For some reason, all my sex dreams were lucid.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 7:52:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 4:32:26 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
I dreamed I was on my old elementary school playground being chased around by Yoda who kept hitting me with his lightsaber. No joke.

Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain a better understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties. The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can symbolize the rejected characteristics of yourself. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. What are you trying to run from?
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 9:08:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 7:52:41 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/10/2011 4:32:26 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
I dreamed I was on my old elementary school playground being chased around by Yoda who kept hitting me with his lightsaber. No joke.

Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain a better understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties. The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can symbolize the rejected characteristics of yourself. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. What are you trying to run from?

Hmm. that makes sense. I'll try it. Last night I had a dream that this really scary guy was staring at me and stalking me in my house. I guess that would apply to what you said, too.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/10/2011 9:59:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 9:08:08 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 7/10/2011 7:52:41 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/10/2011 4:32:26 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
I dreamed I was on my old elementary school playground being chased around by Yoda who kept hitting me with his lightsaber. No joke.

Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain a better understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties. The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can symbolize the rejected characteristics of yourself. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. What are you trying to run from?

Hmm. that makes sense. I'll try it. Last night I had a dream that this really scary guy was staring at me and stalking me in my house. I guess that would apply to what you said, too.

Hmmm..interesting.

I'm going to diagnose your condition as Herpes but you should get a second opinion.
Charles0103
Posts: 523
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 9:12:37 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/10/2011 9:59:40 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/10/2011 9:08:08 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
At 7/10/2011 7:52:41 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/10/2011 4:32:26 PM, Charles0103 wrote:
I dreamed I was on my old elementary school playground being chased around by Yoda who kept hitting me with his lightsaber. No joke.

Ask yourself who is chasing you, so that you can gain a better understanding and insight on the source of your fears and anxieties. The pursuer or attacker who is chasing you in your dream may also represent an aspect of yourself. Your own feelings of anger, jealousy, fear, and possibly love, can manifest itself as the threatening figure. Or the shadowy figure can symbolize the rejected characteristics of yourself. You may be projecting these feelings onto the unknown chaser. Next time you have a dream of being chased, turn around and confront your pursuer. Ask them why they are chasing you. What are you trying to run from?

Hmm. that makes sense. I'll try it. Last night I had a dream that this really scary guy was staring at me and stalking me in my house. I guess that would apply to what you said, too.

Hmmm..interesting.

I'm going to diagnose your condition as Herpes but you should get a second opinion.

Great. Thanks. I've always wanted an STD.
"And so I tell you, keep on asking, and you will receive what you ask for. Keep on seeking, and you will find. Keep on knocking, and the door will be opened to you. For everyone who asks, receives. Everyone who seeks, finds. And to everyone who knocks, the door will be opened." Jesus in Luke 11:9-10
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/11/2011 4:37:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm trying to lucid dream (currently on dream recall). My dream journal has went from about 1/3 of a page per dream to about 1 page per dream. And I usually remember a few vivid items as well.