Jump to topic:

Starting Over

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:27:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm relieving myself of all my beliefs to start from square one. I hope to figure out more about politics, economics, and religion by doing this. From now on I am RockyL the No Political Ideology, No Candidate, No Religion member until further notice.

Tabula Rasa bitch.es!
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:30:04 PM
*lays a Discordian curse on you*

DO YOU BELIEVE IT?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:35:08 PM
At 7/12/2011 8:30:04 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
*lays a Discordian curse on you*

DO YOU BELIEVE IT?

Nah. I have a lot of reading to do.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:39:52 PM
Damn, I was hoping this meant you were open to suggestion.

I was waiting for you to walk out in the morning, and notice that the air is chasing you.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:41:25 PM
At 7/12/2011 8:39:52 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Damn, I was hoping this meant you were open to suggestion.

I was waiting for you to walk out in the morning, and notice that the air is chasing you.

The air has already caught me.
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 8:51:32 PM
At 7/12/2011 8:27:00 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'm relieving myself of all my beliefs to start from square one. I hope to figure out more about politics, economics, and religion by doing this. From now on I am RockyL the No Political Ideology, No Candidate, No Religion member until further notice.

Tabula Rasa bitch.es!

Does this mean you cant challenge anyone to a debate as you don't know what you believe? If someone challenges you you could take either side?
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 9:04:35 PM
At 7/12/2011 8:41:52 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
and by "discordian curse" do you mean LSD?

If a Gypsy lays a curse on you, do they ever tell you what the curse is?

No, you just find out.

Bwahaheheharhar.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/12/2011 9:13:00 PM
At 7/12/2011 8:51:32 PM, BennyW wrote:

Tabula Rasa bitch.es!

Does this mean you cant challenge anyone to a debate as you don't know what you believe? If someone challenges you you could take either side?

No, I'd be the Devil's advocate just to get into the topic.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 6:27:29 PM
Agnostic political views leads to insanity. Just do what everyone else does. Stay true to your views. If your views conflict with data, either reject the data, or use ad hoc additions to your political views to adjust with the conflicting data. You also immerse yourself in news and information that conforms to your belief system. That will make sure you can use confirmation bias in your favor.

Also, make sure that there are no crumbling society that are based on your political views. If there is, try to make an excuse why it failed. If there isn't, good job: you can now babble on and on about why your society is correct, without using empirical evidence to back it up.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:09:45 PM
At 7/14/2011 6:27:29 PM, darkkermit wrote:
Agnostic political views leads to insanity. Just do what everyone else does. Stay true to your views. If your views conflict with data, either reject the data, or use ad hoc additions to your political views to adjust with the conflicting data. You also immerse yourself in news and information that conforms to your belief system. That will make sure you can use confirmation bias in your favor.

Also, make sure that there are no crumbling society that are based on your political views. If there is, try to make an excuse why it failed. If there isn't, good job: you can now babble on and on about why your society is correct, without using empirical evidence to back it up.

This is a wise post, however, I see nothing wrong with insanity. In-fact, as Rocky knows, my first book which I will start soon will be titled A Case for Insanity.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/14/2011 10:32:30 PM
At 7/14/2011 10:09:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:

This is a wise post, however, I see nothing wrong with insanity. In-fact, as Rocky knows, my first book which I will start soon will be titled A Case for Insanity.

maybe insanity wasn't the right word. we are all insane in some way or another. Perhaps happiness can only be achieved through delusions. Mark Twain stated:
"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination"
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:03:36 AM

Thats the thing. I re-examined my views (part of my daily routine) and have found so many contradictions. I'm starting over.
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 1:04:54 AM
At 7/14/2011 10:09:45 PM, FREEDO wrote:

Start writing before you are hit by a car crossing the road! The world will never know!
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/15/2011 4:48:03 AM

Tabula Rasa bitch.es!

There is hope for you yet.