Jump to topic:

Why is it so hot here in the US today ?

inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 9:53:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Does this have anything at all to do with global warming ? I find this weather pattern to be very suspsicious. For the last few years, we have been dealing with record temps in all 4 seasons in ever single state. Now in case you have not
noticed, our Summers have been much warmer than usual and very volatile
in nature. But more so than normal and it has not stopped as of this present time. We get a slight cool down during the mid part of July, as records have indicated since the year 2007. The day time highs hover gracefully around 90 degrees and then it will unexpectedly drop to about 58-60 overnight. Now I find this to be quite
intriguing because this is not normal. I thin that there is a shift in our poles and
this is what is causing some of the abnormalities in our weather today. The heat just feel so much more intense, and it feels as if the ozone layer is getting thinner by the day.
What do you think about this disturbing trend.
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:21:54 AM
It's hardly got over 65 degrees here in London all summer and most days we've had heavy rain...how I envy you not having to wear coats and carry umbrellas in the summertime.

Oh well, I'll been down in the south of France for the first two weeks of August where, touch wood, it should be warm and sunny.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 11:59:18 AM
Grey Parrot. The heat has been above normal over the past few years. Especially
in late July and early August. Normally most states average around 88 to 92
this time of year. But when it is excessive for long periods of time, it really brings
some legitimacy to the global warming issue. And for those who think it is a
hoax, are just plain stupid.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 7:31:48 PM
At 7/21/2011 10:17:35 AM, innomen wrote:
Hello interrogator.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 4:33:08 AM
At 7/21/2011 11:59:18 AM, inferno wrote:
Grey Parrot. The heat has been above normal over the past few years. Especially
in late July and early August. Normally most states average around 88 to 92
this time of year. But when it is excessive for long periods of time, it really brings
some legitimacy to the global warming issue. And for those who think it is a
hoax, are just plain stupid.

So, in the winter when it's snowing in Mexico, and we have temps that break records, and you ask about global warming, you are then called stupid, 'don't you know the difference between weather and climate!' Your claim is summarily dismissed because you don't get it. Weather has nothing to do with climate change in this instance and a cold front, or sustained cold weather is just that weather, not climate. BUT.........when it's hot and there is a warm front coming through and the WEATHER is steamy in July (unbelievable eh?), it's clearly evidence of global warming. A little consistency would be nice.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 4:51:50 AM
I've been freezing my nuts off in this fine Seattle Area basement for weeks.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:17:13 PM
Holy crap, I can't take it. It drains me of all my energy the second I walk outside and I have to fight the temptation to fall asleep. So freaking boiling.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:39:08 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:17:13 PM, jat93 wrote:
Holy crap, I can't take it. It drains me of all my energy the second I walk outside and I have to fight the temptation to fall asleep. So freaking boiling.

It hit 111 here in Boston; what do got?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 5:29:44 PM
At 7/21/2011 10:17:35 AM, innomen wrote:
Hello interrogator.:

Win
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 5:32:55 PM
At 7/21/2011 9:53:23 AM, inferno wrote:
Does this have anything at all to do with global warming ? I find this weather pattern to be very suspsicious. For the last few years, we have been dealing with record temps in all 4 seasons in ever single state. Now in case you have not
in nature. But more so than normal and it has not stopped as of this present time. We get a slight cool down during the mid part of July, as records have indicated since the year 2007. The day time highs hover gracefully around 90 degrees and then it will unexpectedly drop to about 58-60 overnight. Now I find this to be quite
intriguing because this is not normal. I thin that there is a shift in our poles and
this is what is causing some of the abnormalities in our weather today. The heat just feel so much more intense, and it feels as if the ozone layer is getting thinner by the day.
What do you think about this disturbing trend.:

Every (honest) climatologist and geologist knows that the earth goes through cyclical cycles of heat and cooling periods. In the 70's they used to fear that a mini ice age. That was the hysteria of the time. In our time it's global warming.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 6:05:59 PM
At 7/22/2011 5:32:55 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/21/2011 9:53:23 AM, inferno wrote:
What do you think about this disturbing trend.:

Every (honest) climatologist and geologist knows that the earth goes through cyclical cycles of heat and cooling periods. In the 70's they used to fear that a mini ice age. That was the hysteria of the time. In our time it's global warming.

"The sky is falling, the sky is falling!!!"

That's assuming that global warming is false and nothing but a scare tactic.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
jat93
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 7:16:44 PM
At 7/22/2011 3:39:08 PM, innomen wrote:

114. So more or less the same. I always say I'd like to move somewhere where the winters are nicer than they are in Jersey, but then in the summer I realize it'd probably be too damn hot during the summer. What's the state with the best weather in America?
tornshoe92
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 1:53:54 AM
21 days straight of triple digits here... w00t!
"Next time I see a little old lady going to church I am going kick her in the ovaries because she is personally responsible for this. Thanks Izbo." -C_N
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 2:45:42 AM
At 7/22/2011 7:16:44 PM, jat93 wrote:
At 7/22/2011 3:39:08 PM, innomen wrote:

114. So more or less the same. I always say I'd like to move somewhere where the winters are nicer than they are in Jersey, but then in the summer I realize it'd probably be too damn hot during the summer. What's the state with the best weather in America?

A hot place, but with elevation (maybe somewhere in New Mexico?). There is a place i visit when i am on vacation in Nicaragua, a state called Matagalpa, and it remains a constant 68 -76 degrees throughout the year. It's up in the hills of the country so the elevation keeps it cool, whereas if you travel to the city of Leon, it's blisteringly hot throughout the year. Funny thing is, if it goes down in the 80's you'll see people put on sweaters.
kohai
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 4:19:12 AM
Here's a good link for all things climate http://climate.nasa.gov...
1) Whatever has contradictory attributes does not exist.
2) The Biblical God has contradictory attributes.
3) Therefore, the Biblical God does not exist
BennyW
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/23/2011 1:21:23 PM
I blame Al Gore
Seriously though, if you actually look at weather patterns over the years global warming is bogus. In fact since about 2005 when we were at our peak in recent years it has been getting cooler. However 2005 still wasn't as hot as the peak of the medieval warm period.
You didn't build that-Obama
It's pretty lazy to quote things you disagree with, call it stupid and move on, rather than arguing with the person. -000ike