Total Posts:61|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Music

Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/21/2011 3:42:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I'm creating this thread for DDO members to showcase their own personal music that they themselves have created.

This would be a good place to get some publicity and some critique!
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:24:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I already post my music in this topic...

http://www.debate.org...

But all that is newer stuff that was done after the death of my headphones, and loss of other important equipment, so even though it was done later than my older stuff, the sound quality is far worse.

That said, whatever you are using sounds infinitely better production wise than anything I've ever had access to.

This is a piece called "Calamari Gumbo". It is a fantastically gay piece, but I like it. It's supposed to be some kind of orchestral pseudo-jazz disco hybrid.

Original version(featuring crappy orchestral synth)

http://www.newgrounds.com...

This here was made at the height of my production capability with the sh!tty equipment I was using. It was also the first time I combined my computer music with vocals and guitar playing. It's a pretty depressing song that was inspired by the time I spent in jail. It's pretty damn epic I think, and pretty heavy. Tad bit more serious that most of my output(which might be offset a bit by the backing vocals)

http://www.newgrounds.com...

Other than that, here are some collaborations I've done with other musicians.

This is a collab I did with Sorohanro from Newgrounds. He wanted some guitar, so I gave him some guitar. It is actually a Thelonious Monk piece called "Blue Monk" remade by Soro. He just wanted me to do the solo, which takes up most of the piece anyway.

http://www.newgrounds.com...

XayberOptix from Newgrounds requested that I play lead guitar for this track of his. There are 2 particularly deranged solos for Jazz in this, but I've never been one for academic jazz. It's called "Where have you Gone?"

http://www.newgrounds.com...

This one was originally a piece by "Dopedgod" on Newgrounds, and he didn't ask me to do this, but I liked the piece, and the name made me want to play some particularly ugly freaktar to it. I've got some negative criticism from this piece, but I think they can fvck off, because it sounds thoroughly bitchin' to me. It's a jazz fusion kind of a piece.

http://www.newgrounds.com...

Ok, that's all I'll post. if I make new music, I'll use that other topic. Otherwise, I'll be spamming two topics..

Or maybe, I should just start posting my new stuff here. eh.. I dunno.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 12:43:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:43:08 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
www.youtube...

Reminds me of the flaming lips...

sounds good.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/22/2011 3:35:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/22/2011 12:24:21 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
I already post my music in this topic...

http://www.debate.org...

But all that is newer stuff that was done after the death of my headphones, and loss of other important equipment, so even though it was done later than my older stuff, the sound quality is far worse.

That said, whatever you are using sounds infinitely better production wise than anything I've ever had access to.

This is a piece called "Calamari Gumbo". It is a fantastically gay piece, but I like it. It's supposed to be some kind of orchestral pseudo-jazz disco hybrid.

Original version(featuring crappy orchestral synth)

http://www.newgrounds.com...


This here was made at the height of my production capability with the sh!tty equipment I was using. It was also the first time I combined my computer music with vocals and guitar playing. It's a pretty depressing song that was inspired by the time I spent in jail. It's pretty damn epic I think, and pretty heavy. Tad bit more serious that most of my output(which might be offset a bit by the backing vocals)

http://www.newgrounds.com...


Other than that, here are some collaborations I've done with other musicians.

This is a collab I did with Sorohanro from Newgrounds. He wanted some guitar, so I gave him some guitar. It is actually a Thelonious Monk piece called "Blue Monk" remade by Soro. He just wanted me to do the solo, which takes up most of the piece anyway.

http://www.newgrounds.com...

Good stuff.



XayberOptix from Newgrounds requested that I play lead guitar for this track of his. There are 2 particularly deranged solos for Jazz in this, but I've never been one for academic jazz. It's called "Where have you Gone?"

http://www.newgrounds.com...


This one was originally a piece by "Dopedgod" on Newgrounds, and he didn't ask me to do this, but I liked the piece, and the name made me want to play some particularly ugly freaktar to it. I've got some negative criticism from this piece, but I think they can fvck off, because it sounds thoroughly bitchin' to me. It's a jazz fusion kind of a piece.

http://www.newgrounds.com...



Ok, that's all I'll post. if I make new music, I'll use that other topic. Otherwise, I'll be spamming two topics..

Or maybe, I should just start posting my new stuff here. eh.. I dunno.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 2:05:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/23/2011 5:44:14 PM, webos1337 wrote:
Howl

There's not enough remix to it. Just sounds like you put the lyrics with a little EQ and a garageband loop.

Not bad though.
FREEDO
Posts: 21,057
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:24:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Top 15 songs on my iPhone

1. Hungarian Rhapsody No. 2
(That song is the sound of my soul)

2. Imagine

3. Uprising

4. Float On

5. No Surpises

6. Requiem for a Dream

7. Where is My Mind?

8. Seven Nation Army

9. Crazy

10. Chugjug

11. Dog Days Are Over

12. Fur Elise

13. Hero of War

14. Last Night I Had the Strangest Dream

15. Pure Imagination
(My personal theme song)
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
webos1337
Posts: 50
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:31:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/24/2011 2:05:31 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/23/2011 5:44:14 PM, webos1337 wrote:
Howl

There's not enough remix to it. Just sounds like you put the lyrics with a little EQ and a garageband loop.

Not bad though.

Let me see you do something better....
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 1:06:40 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/25/2011 9:31:51 PM, webos1337 wrote:
At 7/24/2011 2:05:31 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 7/23/2011 5:44:14 PM, webos1337 wrote:
Howl

There's not enough remix to it. Just sounds like you put the lyrics with a little EQ and a garageband loop.

Not bad though.

Let me see you do something better....

Challenge Accepted
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 4:25:15 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Eh.. I figure I'll just use this topic from now on. Otherwise, someone opens the other, and the first thing they hear is when I was experimenting with out of tune instruments played in unorthodox yet still rhythmically coordinated ways.

http://www.newgrounds.com...

This is a composition called "Dow Tzu", which I just composed tonight. China has won. You shouldn't have made fun of their tiny penises and sweatshops. Best start learning Mandarin, son.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 12:28:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.newgrounds.com...

Just some funky tits that was recorded when I was playing with some fellahs.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 6:57:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/21/2011 3:42:41 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'm creating this thread for DDO members to showcase their own personal music that they themselves have created.

This would be a good place to get some publicity and some critique!:

I honestly don't know how to upload that on to here. I have 4 albums and one on the way that I would like to showcase, if I knew how.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 2:09:24 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 6:57:26 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 7/21/2011 3:42:41 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
I'm creating this thread for DDO members to showcase their own personal music that they themselves have created.

This would be a good place to get some publicity and some critique!:

I honestly don't know how to upload that on to here. I have 4 albums and one on the way that I would like to showcase, if I knew how.

youtube or newgrounds?
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/27/2011 10:57:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.newgrounds.com...

A live recording of some blues thing I did with some guy who visited from St. Louis.

I'm playing the very sexy and constantly variating rhythm guitar.

and for and extra treat, here is a video making fun of Guitar World's(?) "Betcha can't play this" series of stupid videos.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/9/2011 8:05:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.newgrounds.com...

I originally was going to sing a song about getting out of "Chi-Town", but said "China-Town" by mistake, and just rolled with it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 1:01:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/9/2011 8:05:57 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:


I originally was going to sing a song about getting out of "Chi-Town", but said "China-Town" by mistake, and just rolled with it.

Wtf is "Chi-Town"
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 10:22:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Chi-Town = Chicago.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 4:52:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 11:33:23 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/10/2011 10:22:50 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Chi-Town = Chicago.

Pronounced "Chee town" "Ch-eye town" or "chih town.

I'm surprised you've never heard it before.. Eh.. must be Chicago thing.

Ch-eye, like "China", which is why I made that stupid little error.

Anyway, I recorded this right after, it's got a pretty similar feel.

It's medley between "Gangsta of Love" by Johnny Guitar Watson" and "China Pig" by Captain Beefheart. The funny thing is, in the middle of it, my D string breaks(which is by the way the most inconvenient string in the world to break, it's right in the middle of the guitar), but I just rolled with it anyway.

I thought it was funny, so I put it up.

http://www.newgrounds.com...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/10/2011 9:02:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/10/2011 4:52:52 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 9/10/2011 11:33:23 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
At 9/10/2011 10:22:50 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Chi-Town = Chicago.

Pronounced "Chee town" "Ch-eye town" or "chih town.

I'm surprised you've never heard it before.. Eh.. must be Chicago thing.

Ch-eye, like "China", which is why I made that stupid little error.

Anyway, I recorded this right after, it's got a pretty similar feel.

It's medley between "Gangsta of Love" by Johnny Guitar Watson" and "China Pig" by Captain Beefheart. The funny thing is, in the middle of it, my D string breaks(which is by the way the most inconvenient string in the world to break, it's right in the middle of the guitar), but I just rolled with it anyway.

I thought it was funny, so I put it up.



Never heard it.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 12:34:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
See, I thought that this was a topic to showcase the music that you have personally created.

It seems I'm the only one who is doing this now.

I find this depressing.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 12:41:23 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 12:34:08 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
See, I thought that this was a topic to showcase the music that you have personally created.

It seems I'm the only one who is doing this now.

I find this depressing.

I put some stuff in the beginning, not that its originally mine. I just remixed it.

There aren't any musicians on this site eh?
iamdrunkritenow
Posts: 25
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 12:46:13 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 12:34:08 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
See, I thought that this was a topic to showcase the music that you have personally created.

It seems I'm the only one who is doing this now.

I find this depressing.

I unfortunately do not have the talent. Feverish had produced a pretty sick rap vid about Television.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 12:54:11 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/11/2011 12:46:13 AM, iamdrunkritenow wrote:
At 9/11/2011 12:34:08 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
See, I thought that this was a topic to showcase the music that you have personally created.

It seems I'm the only one who is doing this now.

I find this depressing.

I unfortunately do not have the talent. Feverish had produced a pretty sick rap vid about Television.

Oh right feverish.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 12:56:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Come on, anyone can make music.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp