fnord
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 7:51:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 7/24/2011 7:31:24 PM, innomen wrote:
Really sorry to hear that Freedo. Do everything you can to not drag it out.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/24/2011 8:39:10 PM
At 7/24/2011 7:23:20 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Did your boyfriend dump you?

...See what I did there?

Ohhh I get it! Cuz you made a joke about him being gay. And being gay is an insult/sooo hilarious!

Anyway Freedo I'm very sorry to hear that. Break-ups suck. I say make the best of it and just be glad that you get to go out and meet/date other new, fun, awesome, pretty girls :) To answer your question, I've only been dumped once and subsequently had my heart broken once. I'm usually the one ending things, and it's not fun to be on that side either (though certainly easier). Cheer up -- being sad is out of character for you <3
President of DDO
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 1:40:04 AM
Serious relationships are a drag. I say just do away with them all together.

I don't like people, and people only like me because they don't really know me. The people who do get to know me probably end up wishing they hadn't.

Most people think I'm crazy or eccentric, but the people who get close to me travel to the other worlds. Most people aren't ready for that sort of thing, and the trip can be rather traumatic for the religious. It is like a journey into hell for them, but it is my home, and it is a fun place for me. To the people near me, I become the devil.

It's time to become a swinger, Freedo. Let your aids run rampant.

*vanishes in a quasi-magical cloud of goat hair*
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 1:45:10 AM
At 7/24/2011 8:39:10 PM, Danielle wrote:

...See what I did there?

Ohhh I get it! Cuz you made a joke about him being gay. And being gay is an insult/sooo hilarious!

Anyway Freedo I'm very sorry to hear that. Break-ups suck. I say make the best of it and just be glad that you get to go out and meet/date other new, fun, awesome, pretty girls :) To answer your question, I've only been dumped once and subsequently had my heart broken once. I'm usually the one ending things, and it's not fun to be on that side either (though certainly easier). Cheer up -- being sad is out of character for you <3

Thanx. I know, I feel bad about feeling bad. Freedo doesn't ever feel bad. But I just feel like I'm going to die right now. My stomach is constantly turning.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 1:48:15 AM
At 7/25/2011 1:40:04 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

I don't like people, and people only like me because they don't really know me. The people who do get to know me probably end up wishing they hadn't.

Most people think I'm crazy or eccentric, but the people who get close to me travel to the other worlds. Most people aren't ready for that sort of thing, and the trip can be rather traumatic for the religious. It is like a journey into hell for them, but it is my home, and it is a fun place for me. To the people near me, I become the devil.

I don't feel any kind of sexuality at all right now. Completely gone from my mind. Almost repulsive.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 2:03:10 AM
At 7/25/2011 1:48:15 AM, FREEDO wrote:

I don't feel any kind of sexuality at all right now. Completely gone from my mind. Almost repulsive.

You don't know repulsive until you get in a room with Tiffany Tungsten Tits and ask how she got her name. The scary thing is, it will turn you on more, and you'll begin to wonder how something so wrong could feel so right.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 6:44:23 AM
At 7/25/2011 1:45:10 AM, FREEDO wrote:

...See what I did there?

Thanx. I know, I feel bad about feeling bad. Freedo doesn't ever feel bad. But I just feel like I'm going to die right now. My stomach is constantly turning.

The first real love that you lose is the worst real love you will always remember losing. I have a friend who throughout college he went through girlfriends like i go through socks, but there was one that he truly loved and he was never so crushed as that particular one, and he was ever since scared to let himself fall into a loving relationship where he would risk so much. Really sad actually.

So cheer up!
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 2:08:53 PM
Ah yes, the first big heart break.

Pretty much everyone who dates goes through this. You will feel very bad, for at least a week, and it will be a few weeks before you are completely back to normal. You will feel like your heart-break is the worst in the history of mankind and we all cannot comprehend what you're going through, because we just don't know how much she meant to you. You will feel like all other women are just not comparable to her, and you will wonder if you can ever feel like you did about her for anyone else.

Then it will end and you'll wonder why you cared so much. You'll meet other women, have lots of fun, perhaps even get heartbroken again, and continue on with your life.

There is pretty much nothing you can do to feel better. Like the pain from an alcohol hang-over, a love hang-over cannot be quelled with any worldly remedy. I have only two points of advice for you:
1) "Hard work will help you maintain, to overcome life's heart-aches and pains." - Inspectah Deck, Wu-Tang Clan.

If you've got any projects, studies, work-out regimens, etc. then this is the time to dive into them. Hard work has a distraction capability that will offer a little solace, not much, but it's the best you can do.

2) Whatever you do, do not try and replace this chick with someone else. The worst thing you can do is try and jump into another relationship/sexual encounter because as soon as it's over, you're going to realize "oh God, this girl isn't half as good as the one I've lost and I NEED TO GET HER BACK!" It's hard to find quality mates so chances are you're not going to find a better one within the time-frame of your heart-break.

Oh and one other thing... don't go inquiring into her life in the near future. If she starts dating again you are not going to be able to control your jealousy and you will embarrass yourself.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 2:17:41 PM

...See what I did there?

Danielle has little tolerance for bullsh*t these days...

I've been heart-broken twice, and almost again with my current fiancee but we ended up getting back together so it didn't happen (the third one would have been the worst, perhaps, so I got lucky). All three of these incidents were with girls I broke up with. I have a weird way of getting with someone, getting sick of them and getting rid of them, and then deciding I want them back and letting them pull my heart-strings by getting with other guys. I suppose I've deserved it every time.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 2:22:55 PM

Do you put much effort into dating, even casually? I have friends who have such a low tolerance for women's sh*t that they will put up with not being laid in order to be free of it. I can't say I completely blame them, since relationships are full of caveats.

So you're a real "keeper" then aren't you...

And you don't do any drugs?

Rob
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 4:12:01 PM
At 7/25/2011 2:08:53 PM, Lasagna wrote:
Ah yes, the first big heart break.

Pretty much everyone who dates goes through this. You will feel very bad, for at least a week, and it will be a few weeks before you are completely back to normal. You will feel like your heart-break is the worst in the history of mankind and we all cannot comprehend what you're going through, because we just don't know how much she meant to you. You will feel like all other women are just not comparable to her, and you will wonder if you can ever feel like you did about her for anyone else.

Then it will end and you'll wonder why you cared so much. You'll meet other women, have lots of fun, perhaps even get heartbroken again, and continue on with your life.

There is pretty much nothing you can do to feel better. Like the pain from an alcohol hang-over, a love hang-over cannot be quelled with any worldly remedy. I have only two points of advice for you:
1) "Hard work will help you maintain, to overcome life's heart-aches and pains." - Inspectah Deck, Wu-Tang Clan.

If you've got any projects, studies, work-out regimens, etc. then this is the time to dive into them. Hard work has a distraction capability that will offer a little solace, not much, but it's the best you can do.

2) Whatever you do, do not try and replace this chick with someone else. The worst thing you can do is try and jump into another relationship/sexual encounter because as soon as it's over, you're going to realize "oh God, this girl isn't half as good as the one I've lost and I NEED TO GET HER BACK!" It's hard to find quality mates so chances are you're not going to find a better one within the time-frame of your heart-break.

Oh and one other thing... don't go inquiring into her life in the near future. If she starts dating again you are not going to be able to control your jealousy and you will embarrass yourself.

Thanx. That's good advice.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 7:25:06 PM
At 7/25/2011 2:22:55 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Do you put much effort into dating, even casually? I have friends who have such a low tolerance for women's sh*t that they will put up with not being laid in order to be free of it. I can't say I completely blame them, since relationships are full of caveats.

I casually date all the time. I always have a few women chasing after me at any given time. They are usually the type of girls who want a relationship, but I tell most all of them that I'm not interested in tying myself down to anyone. Also, despite my attempts to repel them, some of them are pretty stubborn and down right obsessive.

I don't really mind too much though. Some people get creeped out by that sort of thing, but they haven't really crossed any lines.

If you play lead sex guitar on stage, you are pretty much a guaranteed chick magnet. Especially if you don't suck at it.

Anyway, yeah, I just have friends who happen to be of the opposite sex, and want to ravage my smelly, hairy, nasty man body. I think that two people demanding a monopoly on each other's affection is silly, I gave up tying myself down to women after my last serious relationship didn't work out.

It took me a while to get to this state of mind, it is in total opposition to how I was raised. I had to go through three long and painful serious relationships before I concluded that these type of relationships were not conducive to my own good mental health.

Society has raised women to be some of the most judgmental, petty, intolerant, and fear driven people you'll ever meet. My viewpoints are offensive to most women that I meet.

Also, I'm not very romantic, or mushy. I hate love songs, in fact, I find most people's conception of love to be mentally ill. Women don't like these things, and I'm not going to make the mistake of becoming a poosy whipped little b!tch like so many guys I know who have gotten into long term relationships.

No, but I have super powers. I have the uncanny ability to cause the butter side of a toast to land on the up, and the ability to make sculptures entirely out of bleach.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:03:48 PM
Cosmic, I certainly don't feel any freer now. Being with her were the happiest days of my life.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 8:50:12 PM
At 7/25/2011 7:25:06 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 7/25/2011 2:22:55 PM, Lasagna wrote:

I casually date all the time. I always have a few women chasing after me at any given time. They are usually the type of girls who want a relationship, but I tell most all of them that I'm not interested in tying myself down to anyone. Also, despite my attempts to repel them, some of them are pretty stubborn and down right obsessive.

Well that's one of the main reasons that being single isn't simple: jealousy.

I don't really mind too much though. Some people get creeped out by that sort of thing, but they haven't really crossed any lines.

Well if you aren't getting emotionally attached to any of them, then you might as well continue on, I guess. I take it you're not interested in starting a family...

If you play lead sex guitar on stage, you are pretty much a guaranteed chick magnet. Especially if you don't suck at it.

Yeah that's how I got my mate. I don't play lead, but I play rhythm and sing. She couldn't handle herself once she saw me on stage.

Anyway, yeah, I just have friends who happen to be of the opposite sex, and want to ravage my smelly, hairy, nasty man body.

My fiancee is snaking the bath drain right now as I read this and I'm watching what she is pulling out, and wondering how close it is to you LOL

I think that two people demanding a monopoly on each other's affection is silly, I gave up tying myself down to women after my last serious relationship didn't work out.

By all means, give up.

It took me a while to get to this state of mind, it is in total opposition to how I was raised. I had to go through three long and painful serious relationships before I concluded that these type of relationships were not conducive to my own good mental health.

Here's hoping you don't meet someone particularly special that you have to give up on for your ideals...

Society has raised women to be some of the most judgmental, petty, intolerant, and fear driven people you'll ever meet. My viewpoints are offensive to most women that I meet.

Also, I'm not very romantic, or mushy. I hate love songs, in fact, I find most people's conception of love to be mentally ill. Women don't like these things, and I'm not going to make the mistake of becoming a poosy whipped little b!tch like so many guys I know who have gotten into long term relationships.

There are plenty of women who feel as you do.

No, but I have super powers. I have the uncanny ability to cause the butter side of a toast to land on the up, and the ability to make sculptures entirely out of bleach.

So acid then?
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:26:24 PM
At 7/25/2011 8:03:48 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Cosmic, I certainly don't feel any freer now. Being with her were the happiest days of my life.

Don't worry Freedo, by the end of the year, this girl is going to be begging for you to take her back - as long as you can follow a few basic steps.
Rob
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:29:25 PM
You must be in a better mood than you profess if you're going through your usual devotions to Eris by mangling a sentence like that.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:30:26 PM
At 7/25/2011 8:50:12 PM, Lasagna wrote:

It's worse when you are in a relationship. If I'm not in a relationship, they can't bug me about it. They start whining and getting jealous around me, I'll just kindly point out that we aren't in a relationship. They can stew in their own jealousy, but it doesn't involve me.

Well if you aren't getting emotionally attached to any of them, then you might as well continue on, I guess. I take it you're not interested in starting a family...

Not at this point in my life, it would get in the way of what I want to do. Wouldn't be against it.

Here's hoping you don't meet someone particularly special that you have to give up on for your ideals...

I don't have ideals, I would just like someone who treats me with the same respect that I treat them. I'm not going to be some girl's b!tch, and nowadays, that seems to be what women want. Guys are so poosy whipped that they willingly jump through their hoops.

That, and I'm not in a hurry.

So acid then?

Only if it comes out of a battery.

Stockholm syndrome
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 9:47:19 PM
At 7/25/2011 9:26:24 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Don't worry Freedo, by the end of the year, this girl is going to be begging for you to take her back - as long as you can follow a few basic steps.

That doesn't sound like so good advice. I have to ask for you to continue though.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 10:23:06 PM
At 7/25/2011 9:30:26 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 7/25/2011 8:50:12 PM, Lasagna wrote:

It's worse when you are in a relationship. If I'm not in a relationship, they can't bug me about it. They start whining and getting jealous around me, I'll just kindly point out that we aren't in a relationship. They can stew in their own jealousy, but it doesn't involve me.

Oh, Alfonzo, you must be a wonder to watch in action. I can see it now... some pissed-off chick, complaining about your breaches of decency while you lay her down so fast.

Not at this point in my life, it would get in the way of what I want to do. Wouldn't be against it.

I was pretty luke-warm on the subject a year ago. Couldn't really have cared less. Now I have a daughter and everything else in my life seems so petty; so ridiculously unimportant that I have trouble imagining how I ever gave a sh*t about anything else. Working on my master's degree... f*ck it. Playing guitar... nice hobby. Career... if I ever get one maybe I'll care. A child is the greatest gift one can be given, and you can't be given that gift without a stable family to bring the child into - that means you have to make it work with someone. Is it easy? Hell no. But nothing that's worth it is.

I don't have ideals, I would just like someone who treats me with the same respect that I treat them. I'm not going to be some girl's b!tch, and nowadays, that seems to be what women want. Guys are so poosy whipped that they willingly jump through their hoops.

That, and I'm not in a hurry.

It's good that you're not in a hurry. Patience is a virtue. Being poosy whipped isn't about losing your dignity, it's about realizing that compromise is necessary to achieve your common goal of succeeding in creating a happy home.
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/25/2011 10:58:20 PM
At 7/25/2011 9:47:19 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 7/25/2011 9:26:24 PM, Lasagna wrote:

That doesn't sound like so good advice. I have to ask for you to continue though.

Well, first off, you can only get what you don't want. That could be considered the golden rule of dating. Right now you'd cut your right arm off just to see her name on the caller ID, and that's precisely why you're not goint to see her name on the caller ID. Don't ask me why it works that way, it just does.

No matter what you're feeling inside, you have to refrain from making inviting gestures as though you're still interested. No texts or phone calls, no tactical conversations with mutual friends, no facebooking... you need for her to stop recieving signs that you are interested, assuming you are still giving them off.

Right now she is probably well aware that you're hurting for her, so it will take some time before you can make any progress towards convincing her otherwise. It is a slow but sure process. She won't even be looking for any signs at first, because she'll be so expectant that you will be hoping for her return that she may avoid contact with you. But given a little time, she will start to realize you're not chasing her, and this once annoying phenomenon will start to be missed. It will catch her by surprise, even, when she realizes things have changed.

A common mistake made at this point is trying to get a new chick to establish that you are strong and moving on. People like to try and have their ex see them with a new person to stir up jealousy. This is a bad idea for many reasons, which I won't get into here. What you will do is remain chaste, in the interest of purveying the image that you are no longer interested in these petty hoes that are scampering around your backyard, because you are strong and confident. If you sleep around, then your worth in her (and everyone's) eyes is going to plummet as you give yourself away and show everyone that you are weak and the type of guy that just takes what he can get.

Once she realizes that you're not chasing her and not interested in her any more, and you're suddenly too valuable to be influenced by all the other girls in your social circle, she's going to want to know why. Desperately.

Your answer is going to be that you're concentrated on grander goals now. You're working on your career/going to college, hobbies/interests, or even just holding out for no reason, because you're that good. This type of thing drives people wild with envy. They are going to desperately want to know why you're doing this, why you're too good to be dating around. You see, those who appear to be too good to be messing around usually are too good for it.

You may decide to say screw it, and take a chick home some night (and all that stuff) but realize that when you do this you will immediately lose your edge. Any doubt that she (or another girl that may be keeping her eye on you) might have about your worth will be justified when they see you engaging in such weak-spirited behavior.

If you can keep this up until the end of the year, remaining strong and not showing any signs of weakness, you won't even be worried about this girl anymore because girls you never even thought you had a chance with will be banging down your door trying to figure out what's so good about you that you don't want them. That's just how it works.
Rob
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 9:43:32 PM
@Rob:

Actually, her and I are going to try to work out still being friends. At first I didn't think I could do that but I changed my mind.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
7/26/2011 9:43:48 PM
At 7/26/2011 9:43:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
@Rob:

Actually, her and I are going to try to work out still being friends. At first I didn't think I could do that but I changed my mind.

We are still chatting frequently.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord