Friend or girlfriend

Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:10:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/9/2011 1:07:43 PM, nismo2009 wrote:
If you and your best friend have both loved the same girl. would you go for the girl or let your friend have the girl?

You both go for her, let her decide.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:20:11 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:10:36 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
If you and your best friend have both loved the same girl. would you go for the girl or let your friend have the girl?

bing bong, right answer.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:24:12 PM
If you and your best friend have both loved the same girl. would you go for the girl

or let your friend have the girl?

does your friend Already have the girl???

b/c if he does.. and you're his friend.. I wouldn't go hitting on his gal.
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:28:14 PM
If you both go after the girl at the same time, then the girl would just be off-put by both of you and go for another man. I don't think a girl would go for a guy who is disloyal to his friend.

What you do is admit that you both like the girl, and fight one another to see who gets the girl. All of this, of course, unspoken to the girl.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:30:35 PM
Ignore the girl, have a homosexual relationship with your friend. You probably have a lot more in common with one another than with the girl.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:48:52 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:28:14 PM, darkkermit wrote:
If you both go after the girl at the same time, then the girl would just be off-put by both of you and go for another man. I don't think a girl would go for a guy who is disloyal to his friend.

You dont have to make a move at the exact same time...

What you do is admit that you both like the girl, and fight one another to see who gets the girl. All of this, of course, unspoken to the girl.

The girl is not just there to be taken, she may have an opinion. It's been known for such things to occur.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:49:42 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:36:02 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'd let my friend have the girl cuz I know I'd just find another girl anyway.

You are a player!
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 1:53:40 PM

Your paradigm is skewed by your capitalist upbringing. Women are not property to be pursued and obtained; you'll find that they are actually people as well, and they make decisions for themselves about who they want. If you think this girl is 'the one,' then a direct pursuit of her is irrelevent of actually winning her over. Your only two priorities should be to stay single and to keep up relations with her as a friend. If she thinks you are 'the one,' then her priorities are the same. If, during this period she gets with your friend, then your questions about her are answered and you can move on. If you get with some other girl then her questions about you will be answered and she will feel justified in not having selected you.

By resisting the urge to make a direct run at her, you are proving your value to her. By remaining supportive as her friend, you are proving her value to you.
Rob
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 2:04:27 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:53:40 PM, Lasagna wrote:

Your paradigm is skewed by your capitalist upbringing. Women are not property to be pursued and obtained; you'll find that they are actually people as well, and they make decisions for themselves about who they want. If you think this girl is 'the one,' then a direct pursuit of her is irrelevent of actually winning her over. Your only two priorities should be to stay single and to keep up relations with her as a friend. If she thinks you are 'the one,' then her priorities are the same. If, during this period she gets with your friend, then your questions about her are answered and you can move on. If you get with some other girl then her questions about you will be answered and she will feel justified in not having selected you.

By resisting the urge to make a direct run at her, you are proving your value to her. By remaining supportive as her friend, you are proving her value to you.

lolwut
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 3:54:39 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:36:02 PM, Danielle wrote:
I'd let my friend have the girl cuz I know I'd just find another girl anyway.

U would do that. :D
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 4:06:03 PM

So if she is the one for him, he should stay single. And if he is the one for her, she should do the same (and stay single). So they are meant for each other and your advice is for them to stay single and just be friends...

okay.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 5:02:48 PM

You both go for her, let her decide.:

There's your answer, Nismo. I would only add that if you value your friendship, don't let the girl come between you. Girls come and go, but a good friend is a good friend for life.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/9/2011 5:07:28 PM

Your paradigm is skewed by your capitalist upbringing.:

You've just hit an all-time low, Rob -- economic referrences to social relationships.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:14:39 PM
At 8/9/2011 1:30:35 PM, Kinesis wrote:
Ignore the girl, have a homosexual relationship with your friend. You probably have a lot more in common with one another than with the girl.

LOL
Rob
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/10/2011 10:17:29 PM
At 8/9/2011 4:06:03 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

So if she is the one for him, he should stay single. And if he is the one for her, she should do the same (and stay single). So they are meant for each other and your advice is for them to stay single and just be friends...

okay.

If a direct approach worked then dating wouldn't be so complicated. If they both stay single and continue to spend time with one another, then it will just become appropriate for them to start dating. That's when you wait for that magic to happen; that incidental kiss or what have you. People have turned dating into a job-interview type thing these days... pretty lame.
Rob
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:20:21 PM
Go for her
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:21:45 PM

Unless you think you would marry this girl and never sleep with anyone else ever, I say suck it up and let the friend get her.

If she is "the one" then bury the bastard.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:21:51 PM

What how could you say that! That is aganist my religon and vomit-enducing
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:22:59 PM

This works riiiiiiight up until a @-hole, really self-confidend prick snatches her away while you play safe.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 8:23:10 PM

This works riiiiiiight up until a a-hole, really self-confidend prick snatches her away while you play safe.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:24:14 AM
At 8/9/2011 1:48:52 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/9/2011 1:28:14 PM, darkkermit wrote:

You dont have to make a move at the exact same time...

The first one to make the move has a major advantage.

The girl is not just there to be taken, she may have an opinion. It's been known for such things to occur.

Yea, but I was under the assumption that she would go for either one of them. If she rejects one, after he wins the fight fairly, then the loser can go after her. No harm done. If a competition is not created, then there is resentment between both parties. Fighting is the best form of competition, since its how alpha males are traditional established and mating rituals typically occur in the animal world.
Open borders debate:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:38:14 AM

This. Women are not objects to be taken or not.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 11:28:42 AM
At 8/16/2011 8:21:51 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

What how could you say that! That is aganist my religon and vomit-enducing

shhh... Just don't tell god. If you want to ensure you're in the friendzone let your friend have her. Otherwise, go for her. You stand a near zero chance at a relationship if you do nothing.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
freedomsquared
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 11:48:03 AM
At 8/17/2011 12:38:14 AM, FREEDO wrote:

This. Women are not objects to be taken or not.

Yea, that won't be awkward for the girl. Sorry, guy A, but guy B is just much more attractive to me. Thanks for trying.
But it's Norway, sort of the Canada of Europe."
-innomen

-humorous debate with brian_eggleston

-tournament debate, need votes
Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 12:18:31 PM
At 8/16/2011 8:23:10 PM, Wnope wrote:

This works riiiiiiight up until a a-hole, really self-confidend prick snatches her away while you play safe.

That means either one of two things:
1) she's not a good woman for him, or
2) she's not yet appreciative enough of him for what he has to offer. If she has to make that mistake of getting with your friend, then better to let her make it now instead of possibly later. I personally prefer women who already have experience in knowing why most men are garbage...
Rob
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 2:33:29 PM
At 8/17/2011 12:18:31 PM, Lasagna wrote:
At 8/16/2011 8:23:10 PM, Wnope wrote:

That means either one of two things:
1) she's not a good woman for him, or
2) she's not yet appreciative enough of him for what he has to offer. If she has to make that mistake of getting with your friend, then better to let her make it now instead of possibly later. I personally prefer women who already have experience in knowing why most men are garbage...

Sounds like something a looser would say to themselves after loosing the girl. How would she possibly want to be with someone that didn't express that to her? Really?
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"