Jump to topic:

The ultimate Christian analogy...

GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/14/2011 10:13:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
The ultimate Christian analogy for the unbeliever. If you do not understand this analogy, you will never understand as an unbeliever.

When Christians go on and on to unbelievers about how they just do not simply understand! It gets frustrating for both the Christian and the self believing junkie.

But I hope that this changes after presenting the ultimate easy to understand analogy. The analogy goes as said:

Language, simple and easy, you either understand a language or you do not. The unbeliever says a multitude of things that questions the legitimacy of the Christian. I am not going to answer how a Christian has became a Christian, we are presuming that a Christian is real, not a myth.

If I spoke another language, you could only go by the context of what is familiar to you in attempts in trying to understand what I was saying. For example; if a bunch of people were standing at a incredible view point which looked out across an entire mountain range, and there was two people in the bunch that spoke a different language, you could only presume what they are talking about based on where there are. If they were looking out, perhaps pointing at certain spectacles, you could quite easily conclude their discussion in general terms. You could know perhaps that they were talking about the mountain range which they were pointing at a moment ago. But you couldn't know for certain, for they could also be talking about a variety of different things from distance to colour.

In the same way, you will never understand what it is like to be a Christian until you are one yourself. The unbeliever says they can imagine it, as if you just like what you hear and think it as truth. No, there is a 3rd dimension to it all. You don't just acknowledge what you believe as true, but you experience it as truth. And that experience of truth is the understanding of a language, not just the acknowledgement of that you are hearing a language or that you like the sound of a particular language.

So in summary, understanding what Christianity is truly is, is like understanding a new language. To illustrate my point: Eyouas yacanty aeunderstandiyh wuschristianitywi wyuntilr ayouw abecomewg wone uyoursa selfia!
Christopheratheist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 8:53:10 AM
To begin with, this argument commits the fallacy of Begging the Question because it assumes that there is a real God and Jesus to experience but that's precisely the point which is being debated.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:32:09 PM
At 8/15/2011 8:53:10 AM, Christopheratheist wrote:
To begin with, this argument commits the fallacy of Begging the Question because it assumes that there is a real God and Jesus to experience but that's precisely the point which is being debated.

I did specify that the analogy presumes that Christians exist. Having said that, to make myself more clear, if Christianity is false and untrue, Christians do not exist.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:35:59 PM
At 8/14/2011 10:13:55 PM, GodSands wrote:
The ultimate Christian analogy for the unbeliever. If you do not understand this analogy, you will never understand as an unbeliever.

When Christians go on and on to unbelievers about how they just do not simply understand! It gets frustrating for both the Christian and the self believing junkie.

But I hope that this changes after presenting the ultimate easy to understand analogy. The analogy goes as said:

Language, simple and easy, you either understand a language or you do not. The unbeliever says a multitude of things that questions the legitimacy of the Christian. I am not going to answer how a Christian has became a Christian, we are presuming that a Christian is real, not a myth.

If I spoke another language, you could only go by the context of what is familiar to you in attempts in trying to understand what I was saying. For example; if a bunch of people were standing at a incredible view point which looked out across an entire mountain range, and there was two people in the bunch that spoke a different language, you could only presume what they are talking about based on where there are. If they were looking out, perhaps pointing at certain spectacles, you could quite easily conclude their discussion in general terms. You could know perhaps that they were talking about the mountain range which they were pointing at a moment ago. But you couldn't know for certain, for they could also be talking about a variety of different things from distance to colour.

In the same way, you will never understand what it is like to be a Christian until you are one yourself. The unbeliever says they can imagine it, as if you just like what you hear and think it as truth. No, there is a 3rd dimension to it all. You don't just acknowledge what you believe as true, but you experience it as truth. And that experience of truth is the understanding of a language, not just the acknowledgement of that you are hearing a language or that you like the sound of a particular language.

So in summary, understanding what Christianity is truly is, is like understanding a new language. To illustrate my point: Eyouas yacanty aeunderstandiyh wuschristianitywi wyuntilr ayouw abecomewg wone uyoursa selfia!

One teensy weensy problem....some of us started out as believers.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 2:41:14 PM

Analogies are just that...analogies. Cheap imitations. There's more truth in contradictions than analogies.

If you came up with the ultimate Christian contradiction, maybe you'll be on to something :)
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 3:50:23 PM
At 8/15/2011 2:35:59 PM, Wnope wrote:

I do not believe that a Christian can lose his or her salvation, although a Christian can lose his or her faith, it doesn't go forever. Faith moves and acts like the wind, sometimes you can feel it, other times it is so light, it is a mere breeze that is almost unseen or felt. But that is just the wind gaining it's strength.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 3:59:30 PM
At 8/15/2011 2:41:14 PM, Indophile wrote:

Analogies are just that...analogies. Cheap imitations. There's more truth in contradictions than analogies.

If you came up with the ultimate Christian contradiction, maybe you'll be on to something :)

How is a contradiction better? Contradictions show that there are two opposing ideas within the same construction of beliefs or facts. Which reduces the authenticity of something. How is that better? In analogies, you can at least gain a good understanding of what it seems to be like from another world view, you get to see but you cannot touch, and from that you can only allow your imagination to guess what it might be like to touch.
Wnope
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/15/2011 8:05:17 PM
At 8/15/2011 3:50:23 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/15/2011 2:35:59 PM, Wnope wrote:

I do not believe that a Christian can lose his or her salvation, although a Christian can lose his or her faith, it doesn't go forever. Faith moves and acts like the wind, sometimes you can feel it, other times it is so light, it is a mere breeze that is almost unseen or felt. But that is just the wind gaining it's strength.

Well, it's good to hear that you know how my mind works. I was a devoutly religious Jew for quite some time. I suppose my worldview might suddenly change at some point due to a sudden upsurge in faith, possibly due to solar rays.

I never get tired of the religious who have the gall to dictate my future beliefs. Even better, they then claim that I was never religious in the first place. That I never really believed in God, never really kept kosher or kept going to synagogue after my entire family (including younger brothers) stopped?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 2:59:12 PM
At 8/16/2011 2:54:40 PM, GodSands wrote:
By the way, has anyone spotted my secret message within my original post?

Yes... and as directed I raped and murdered that whore.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 3:10:58 PM
At 8/16/2011 2:59:12 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

Ok, could you show me the secret message?
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 3:13:29 PM

kill the pig...drink its blood...kill the pig...drink its blood...kill the pig...drink its blood
Kinesis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 3:15:02 PM

Also, your secret message is grammatically incorrect. As written, it implies that one can become Christianity itself.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 3:19:02 PM
At 8/15/2011 3:59:30 PM, GodSands wrote:

How is a contradiction better? Contradictions show that there are two opposing ideas within the same construction of beliefs or facts. Which reduces the authenticity of something. How is that better? In analogies, you can at least gain a good understanding of what it seems to be like from another world view, you get to see but you cannot touch, and from that you can only allow your imagination to guess what it might be like to touch.

Okay.

The concept of God itself is a contradiction. Your whole belief system is based upon a contradiction, yet you say that a contradiction reduces the authenticity of something.

What a contradiction.

Some "qualities" of God.

God has always existed. God is always existing. A contradiction.
God is one. God is infinite. A contradiction.

Can you come up with some more?

To think more on this, try coming up with an analogy to God.

If done so, try coming up with a contradiction to God.
And it will be true.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 3:57:05 PM
At 8/16/2011 3:19:02 PM, Indophile wrote:

Okay.

The concept of God itself is a contradiction. Your whole belief system is based upon a contradiction, yet you say that a contradiction reduces the authenticity of something.

What a contradiction.

Some "qualities" of God.

None of those examples are contradictions. God can be one and infinate, and God has always existed and continues to do so. Where are the contradictions?
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 4:04:40 PM
At 8/16/2011 3:10:58 PM, GodSands wrote:

No my Dark Master, I know this is a test.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 4:31:08 PM
At 8/16/2011 4:04:40 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 8/16/2011 3:10:58 PM, GodSands wrote:

No my Dark Master, I know this is a test.

The message isn't hidden in the way that there are two meanings to my post, and that one which is the secret is the less obvious one. But the secret message is hidden within my post in literal form, as in you can read it like if you were to read anything else.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 4:52:52 PM
So in summary, understanding what Christianity is truly is, is like understanding a new language. To illustrate my point: Eyouas yacanty aeunderstandiyh wuschristianitywi wyuntilr ayouw abecomewg wone uyoursa selfia!:

The anagram reads: You can't understand Christianity until you become one your self.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:06:32 PM
At 8/16/2011 4:52:52 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
So in summary, understanding what Christianity is truly is, is like understanding a new language. To illustrate my point: Eyouas yacanty aeunderstandiyh wuschristianitywi wyuntilr ayouw abecomewg wone uyoursa selfia!:

The anagram reads: You can't understand Christianity until you become one your self.

Well done! But I think my clue made it all too outstanding.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:10:48 PM
At 8/16/2011 5:06:32 PM, GodSands wrote:

Well done! But I think my clue made it all too outstanding.:

No clue necessary. It sticks out like a sore thumb.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:15:00 PM

It's not really an anagram, since the letters aren't rearranged. It's just some letters slapped in front and behind each word.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
GodSands
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 5:44:04 PM
At 8/16/2011 5:10:48 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
At 8/16/2011 5:06:32 PM, GodSands wrote:

Well done! But I think my clue made it all too outstanding.:

No clue necessary. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

Evidently it did not. By saying something sticks out like a sore thumb means that something is instantly noticed by everyone who can notice the something. You looked for it, and found it. All it took was a wizz of the eyes to pass across the computer screen. It was easy for you, winning the lottery seems impossible for millions, but for very few people, it is done with ease.
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/16/2011 6:35:19 PM
At 8/16/2011 3:13:29 PM, Kinesis wrote:

kill the pig...drink its blood...kill the pig...drink its blood...kill the pig...drink its blood

Now thats funny, I don't care who ya are. He sprinted face first into that.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/17/2011 9:27:49 AM
At 8/16/2011 3:57:05 PM, GodSands wrote:
At 8/16/2011 3:19:02 PM, Indophile wrote:

Okay.

What a contradiction.

Some "qualities" of God.

None of those examples are contradictions. God can be one and infinate, and God has always existed and continues to do so. Where are the contradictions?

Can God be two and infinite? An infinite entity cannot be counted as one. Saying one means you can see the beginning and end. Infinite by definition is unbounded.

An eternal being has no concept of time. So, how can God exist as well as have existed? You'll then say, God will exist in the future too.

All this tells us is that God is limited by OUR perception of Him. God neither existed, nor will he suddenly come to existence. He just IS.
And it will be true.