Jump to topic:

Military & tattoos

mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 12:26:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hi I am 15 and I am planning on joining the U.S Coast guard after high school but I also want to get tattoo of the L.A logo sometime soon cause I love L.A <3 but I'm not sure if I could have a tattoo in the military.....what are the rules when it comes to tattoos and the military?
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 1:59:11 PM
At 8/21/2011 12:26:28 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
Hi I am 15 and I am planning on joining the U.S Coast guard after high school but I also want to get tattoo of the L.A logo sometime soon cause I love L.A <3 but I'm not sure if I could have a tattoo in the military.....what are the rules when it comes to tattoos and the military?:

The rule constantly changes, so there is no way to tell what it will be like in 3 years. I just recently got out of the Coast Guard, and last I heard they canceled the lenient tattoo policy again. I was in the military for 8 years, and they changed it at least 5 times.

If you're really stressing about it, tattoos are allowed in non-visible areas (i.e. not on the lower part of the arm or calves)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/21/2011 2:00:18 PM
At 8/21/2011 1:01:40 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
http://lmgtfy.com...

lol how'd you do that?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault