Jump to topic:

School Starts

Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:37:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Hey everybody. Just like to say that school starts tomorrow, and as of such I will not be able to log on as frequently as I did during the summer. I think I speak for many other students on DDO when I say, logging on once a day will be the most I can hope for.

I will most likely be on at 7-8AM PST and/or 3:30-4:00 PM PST.
inferno
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:39:33 PM
Hey. You stole my thunder. Oh well..........School has already started here in the Carolinas. The malls were packed and the sales were out of this world.
I wish the prices would stay the same all year round.
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:40:04 PM
At 8/23/2011 1:37:43 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
Hey everybody. Just like to say that school starts tomorrow, and as of such I will not be able to log on as frequently as I did during the summer. I think I speak for many other students on DDO when I say, logging on once a day will be the most I can hope for.

I will most likely be on at 7-8AM PST and/or 3:30-4:00 PM PST.

That sucks, but i understand.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:42:02 PM
Yeah, I know what you mean. I start sept. 8th. Its sad, though I see myself logging in sometimes for help on essays. The points raised in debates here are extremely convincing and well thought out.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:48:38 PM
Hopefully DDO will be a reasource for essays, debates, and a veriety of other subjects.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:48:49 PM
Yeah, I can see your situation, Rocky...High school starts for me on September 8th as well, so I will only be online during the evening, though for a limited amount of time (with the homework that I have do--whether the short reading essays, advanced algebra sheets, history papers and readings (of the textbook and quite possibly other papers as well) and so on)...

And then there's SAT preparation courses every Saturday, so my time online every week will be limited...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:50:07 PM
At 8/23/2011 1:48:38 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
Hopefully DDO will be a reasource for essays, debates, and a veriety of other subjects.

Yeah...Roy's debates on science (the evolutionary theory) are an example source for biology essays as well the other debates on sociology, literature, and so on, will help draw inspiration.

And the games that Freedo and Rocky provide...even though they aren't very educational, they can at least relieve the stress during the weekends.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 1:56:10 PM
I wonder if my English teacher would let me cite debate.org as an MLA source.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/24/2011 4:30:22 PM
I'm back at school and I can get on more often!!!!!! <3

I missed you guys! (sort of)
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.