Total Posts:104|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Are you in with the crowd, or an outsider ?

inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 3:22:18 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Which one are you ? You must be everywhere at all times. In the clubs, the bars, or the party in the room. Maybe you are into the mainstream lifestyle. You like to keep abreast of everything and you want to know what is going on. You know the pick up lines, the catch phrases, the latest trends and styles, and the news.
You got the cell phone, the ipod, the dish, or the scoop. You are commercial.
You love being stimulated and mesmorized. You love the the electricity that flows through your soul, and this is your life.

But what about the other side. Perhaps you are what society deems as an outcast.
You are the hermit, the keeper, the enigma, the one who does not care to know about everybody's business. You are distant, and undistracted by the pulse of the fast life.
You idolize things rare, or unforseen. You fellowship in secrecy. Your taste in things is bland to some. You dont care about the latest fashion, or about the in crowd.
The world is obsolete to you. It is just there existing and you lie parallel to the ever flowing energy of humanity, and you have your own world which is not dictated by sensationalism. You are the still in the midst of constantness. You are wise, and discreet. Life is a collective and you do not wish to assimilate with the masses.

I ask again, are you in with the crowd or are you living under the ground. Answers please.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:42:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha, ha. Ha, ha, ha. This is all I can do is laugh. Ha, ha, ha.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:47:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Conceit is a trait that you admire my friend. It takes one to know another and yet you still do not have a clue. You see my unorthodoxed style may not appeal to you because you are the status quo. I have defied your logic time and time again.
You only admire that because Im a rebel with a cause. Needless to say, that I find your high mind quite fascinating. You are the elitist for sure with all of your rules and things. You are monarchy at its finest ! I will never bow down to your ideology, as you realize that I do not conform. I am a leader son. That is something that you have yet to do and learn.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:49:54 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:47:36 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Conceit is a trait that you admire my friend. It takes one to know another and yet you still do not have a clue. You see my unorthodoxed style may not appeal to you because you are the status quo. I have defied your logic time and time again.
You only admire that because Im a rebel with a cause. Needless to say, that I find your high mind quite fascinating. You are the elitist for sure with all of your rules and things. You are monarchy at its finest ! I will never bow down to your ideology, as you realize that I do not conform. I am a leader son. That is something that you have yet to do and learn.

A leader? All I hear from your posts are bleats and bahs.

Sure you have cherished beliefs.

And that makes you what again?
GeoLaureate8
Posts: 12,252
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:50:02 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am with neither--the union.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:51:22 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
But in all due accounts, I am the outsider, since I don't spend too much time with friend or in concerts and parties...I rather read a book, preferably novels (or novellas and anthologies of nonfiction), poetry collections, than go out into parties and drink and dance the whole night.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:51:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

This.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:53:08 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:51:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
But in all due accounts, I am the outsider, since I don't spend too much time with friend or in concerts and parties...I rather read a book, preferably novels (or novellas and anthologies of nonfiction), poetry collections, than go out into parties and drink and dance the whole night.

Yes you are Man Is Good. And this is why DDO is such a solace to you.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:54:29 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

Geo. The guy is the bookeeper. He does not get out much and he is a representation of everything that I am against, and vice versa. This makes for a nice battle of the intellectuals. Philosophy verses logic.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:54:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

I am no anti-troll crusader friend. Its fun to provoke the troll, and it was more a reply to a post he made previously than to this one. Needless to say, I regret nothing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:55:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:53:08 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:51:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
But in all due accounts, I am the outsider, since I don't spend too much time with friend or in concerts and parties...I rather read a book, preferably novels (or novellas and anthologies of nonfiction), poetry collections, than go out into parties and drink and dance the whole night.

Yes you are Man Is Good. And this is why DDO is such a solace to you.

I knew you would respond that way, Inferno...And yes, DDO is a bit of a solace, though I still prefer the comfort of the library or even my private desk to read and relax.

I think that's why I'm an outsider--I can make a joke or try to be funny, but I prefer peace and quietness compared to the noisy lifestyle of parties and celebrations,

And, Inferno, sorry for my friend 00ike. He goes around trolling the troll while forgetting that such activity isn't productive to the site. A discussion like this with you is better than arguing and derailing threads.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:55:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

The entire question is a false dichotomy. Not to mention, you don't answer it either.

Typically, I'd fit into the "outcast" section, though I spent the weekend at a huge camping party (about 35 people, you can judge if that is "huge" or not) where we had a DJ, a lot of alcohol, and plenty of fun.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:56:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am both and neither.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:57:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:54:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

I am no anti-troll crusader friend. Its fun to provoke the troll, and it was more a reply to a post he made previously than to this one. Needless to say, I regret nothing.

You regret the fact that you started this war. It is one I will finish in a resounding
victory. The trumpets will be playing my anthem of folly. And you will be only
a memory. <
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:57:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:55:51 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

The entire question is a false dichotomy. Not to mention, you don't answer it either.
That's true...A member of the crowd is not exactly the opposite of an outsider.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:58:36 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:55:28 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
And, Inferno, sorry for my friend 00ike. He goes around trolling the troll while forgetting that such activity isn't productive to the site. A discussion like this with you is better than arguing and derailing threads.

I am not your friend, and don't apologize for me. I am and was fully aware that trolling the troll is unproductive from a "civil discussion" standpoint. However, I needed to give him a piece of my mind, and I did. So, again, I regret nothing.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 4:58:57 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:55:51 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

The entire question is a false dichotomy. Not to mention, you don't answer it either.

Typically, I'd fit into the "outcast" section, though I spent the weekend at a huge camping party (about 35 people, you can judge if that is "huge" or not) where we had a DJ, a lot of alcohol, and plenty of fun.

Ore. Must you be such a dictator. I see this is a role that you are comfortable with here.
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:02:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:44:28 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I am living under the ground with the crowd.... waiting.... waiting....

Living under the ground. Well you do seem a bit distant. Would it kill you
to come out just a little bit. The world is safer than your subconscious mind
thinks it is.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:03:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 4:54:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:49:57 PM, GeoLaureate8 wrote:
At 8/23/2011 4:41:31 PM, 000ike wrote:
You sir are a bloated moron who baths in his conceit. You are the pinnacle of arrogance. The apex of ignorance, and the height of self absorption. How you expect us to believe that you, who cannot even form a single coherent thought, have some supreme debating ability is further evidence of your sheer incompetence. I am baffled and I am stunned at your boundless and immeasurable stupidity. Your claims and your assertions of skill are nothing but vanity. You should be proud, nae, honored that I even took the time to read and respond to that frivolous, meaningless and useless assembly of words you call a paragraph.

Wow. Nice job at derailing the thread with a post that has nothing to do with the OP. You crusade against trolling, yet this post of yours is just as bad as trolling. It's a complete red herring and unnecessary.

This post by inferno is actually an interesting topic that can be seriously discussed. There's nothing wrong with it nor anything that could be called trolling.

I am no anti-troll crusader friend. Its fun to provoke the troll, and it was more a reply to a post he made previously than to this one. Needless to say, I regret nothing.

So you chastise other members for not responding to another member's post and yet refuse to do so here? Oh the hypocrisy! the irony!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:03:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.

Oh dont be such a whiner. We have enough of those around here indeed.
Lighten up. The rebels are here to stay. (drinking a cold beer)
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,247
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:04:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.

I just want to hear why he thinks himself as a leader, that's all.
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:07:16 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:04:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.

I just want to hear why he thinks himself as a leader, that's all.

Does it matter? He'll either not respond, or he'll give some illogical reason that he can't back up and he won't change his mind, no matter what you say. He's just our local troll that should have been banned long ago, but we're stuck with for now.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
inferno
Posts: 10,556
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:09:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:04:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.

I just want to hear why he thinks himself as a leader, that's all.

Oh must you be so precise. I am a leader because I have a vision and I is very wise, clever, and I do know how to lead and take a stand that influences people
in many ways. People just follow me, because I am a man of ideas. I help inspire
and create. That is who I am and I do not bow down to anyone other than
The Almighty Himself.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/23/2011 5:11:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/23/2011 5:09:20 PM, inferno wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:04:03 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:02:50 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/23/2011 5:00:39 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
answer me!

good luck with that.

I just want to hear why he thinks himself as a leader, that's all.

Oh must you be so precise. I am a leader because I have a vision and I is very wise, clever, and I do know how to lead and take a stand that influences people
in many ways. People just follow me, because I am a man of ideas. I help inspire
and create. That is who I am and I do not bow down to anyone other than
The Almighty Himself.

LMAO! the irony
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault