Total Posts:43|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Would u want to be a vampire or a werwolf???

Indophile
Posts: 1,414
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 1:29:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 1:28:52 PM, koolcat wrote:
i would much rather be a vampire and im not talking bout the sparkley one eather.

Can vampires get AIDS by sucking blood?
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 1:36:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 1:29:49 PM, Indophile wrote:
At 8/25/2011 1:28:52 PM, koolcat wrote:
i would much rather be a vampire and im not talking bout the sparkley one eather.

Can vampires get AIDS by sucking blood?

They probably don't have lifelike immune systems, so even if they can get HIV I doubt they can get AIDS
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 4:38:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
In theory they can spread it, but they can't contract it.

Vampire every time.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 5:29:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
A good fun question.

What do these vampires generally look like and what do these werewolves generally look like?

What are the special abilities and attributes of each?
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
koolcat
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:32:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
vampires look like humans but they need blood to survive they run super fast and have super strength. Werwolfs look like humans but when its a full moon they turn into things that look like dogs they have super shtragths but they dont need blood.
MarquisX
Posts: 925
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 7:43:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Werewolf. I've been a vampire before (Elder Scrolls IV).it sucked. Besides immortality seems like a fate worse than death
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
Tiel
Posts: 1,500
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:02:28 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 7:32:30 PM, koolcat wrote:
vampires look like humans but they need blood to survive they run super fast and have super strength. Werwolfs look like humans but when its a full moon they turn into things that look like dogs they have super shtragths but they dont need blood.

I would have to choose vampire.

Reasons: I pretty much become fully alive at night, I don't mind the taste or the sight of blood, turning int a do isn't desirable, and immortality sounds like a pretty good time to me.
"Only the inner force of curiosity and wonder about the unknown, or an outer force upon your free will, can brake the shackles of your current perception."
mattrodstrom
Posts: 12,028
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:08:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Werewolf :)

see.. even if I was nuts, I don't think I'd be a jerk.. So I wouldn't be worried about turning evil or something.

and I like being Adrenalined up.. In the moment.. so I think being a werewolf would be awesome :)
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
BlackVoid
Posts: 9,170
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:13:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Well drinking someone else's blood would probably qualify as assault and battery, so you'd have to be very careful to not get caught. Plus, vampires can't go out in the sun right? That seems like a pretty big disadvantage.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:18:06 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
While I do emphasize with the vampire, considering the numerous powers ascribed to it in mythology, I have to go with the werewolf. There is something odd, and fascinating, with the myth of the werewolf as it emphasizes the animalistic nature of humankind...Stories from Metamorphoses and other Greek works tell of men who hang their clothes in ash rings before shape-shifting into a wolf, thereby implying connections to magic (Sir Thomas Aquinas once dictated, "Omnes angeli, boni et Mali, ex virtute naturali habent potestatem transmutandi corpora nostra") and supernatural forces (the devil in particular, who handed ointments to his willing followers) as well as, in the cases of stories about the Berserkers, the 'men of Odin', to tribes and even militancy. The werewolf has much connotations that, speaking from an anthropological viewpoint, is mystifying and fascinating.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:26:30 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I would be neither, for to answer this question I would have to lump myself with the rest of the teenage society. I am no conformer. I would be a human being since vampires and werewolves are both life forms of lesser intelligence.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:45:47 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 8:26:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
I would be neither, for to answer this question I would have to lump myself with the rest of the teenage society. I am no conformer.

In saying that, you are "lumping yourself with the rest of the teenage society". Teenagers are a group of people trying to be individuals. It's only an illusion of rebellion, because we all do it. During adolescence, humans try to establish their own identity. http://library.thinkquest.org...

I would be a human being since vampires and werewolves are both life forms of lesser intelligence.

How are they of lesser intelligence? Anything I've read about vampires indicates that they are not in need of sleep, so they would have plenty of time to study. There's also the immortality, which would mean they would have significant knowledge of history. I don't know much about werewolves, so I can't say anything in their defense.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 8:54:23 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 8:45:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/25/2011 8:26:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
I would be neither, for to answer this question I would have to lump myself with the rest of the teenage society. I am no conformer.

In saying that, you are "lumping yourself with the rest of the teenage society". Teenagers are a group of people trying to be individuals. It's only an illusion of rebellion, because we all do it. During adolescence, humans try to establish their own identity. http://library.thinkquest.org...

You're wrong. That's a teenage stereotype, and it doesn't hold water. Most teenagers want to be in with the crowd and do whatever everyone else is doing. They all act the same way, and think the same way. Their always after one craze or another. Most teenagers don't care about being individual, some do, most don't. So again, you're wrong.

I would be a human being since vampires and werewolves are both life forms of lesser intelligence.

How are they of lesser intelligence? Anything I've read about vampires indicates that they are not in need of sleep, so they would have plenty of time to study. There's also the immortality, which would mean they would have significant knowledge of history. I don't know much about werewolves, so I can't say anything in their defense.

knowledge =/= intelligence. Just because they have more hours of study time does not make them smarter than a human being. Vampire = 1/2 human + 1/2 bat .....1/2 human = 1/2 intelligence. Werewolf = 1/2 human + 1/2 wolf...1/2 human = 1/2 the intelligence. Therefore, a human being is more intelligent than both a vampire and a werewolf. I extend my arguments that I would prefer to maintain my intelligence, and stay 100% human rather than be a vampire or a werewolf.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Andromeda_Z
Posts: 4,151
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/25/2011 9:48:42 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 8:54:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/25/2011 8:45:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/25/2011 8:26:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
I would be neither, for to answer this question I would have to lump myself with the rest of the teenage society. I am no conformer.

In saying that, you are "lumping yourself with the rest of the teenage society". Teenagers are a group of people trying to be individuals. It's only an illusion of rebellion, because we all do it. During adolescence, humans try to establish their own identity. http://library.thinkquest.org...

You're wrong. That's a teenage stereotype, and it doesn't hold water. Most teenagers want to be in with the crowd and do whatever everyone else is doing. They all act the same way, and think the same way. Their always after one craze or another. Most teenagers don't care about being individual, some do, most don't. So again, you're wrong.

And if the craze is rebellion and developing their own identity, then that's what they all do. You still haven't disproved my point.

I would be a human being since vampires and werewolves are both life forms of lesser intelligence.

How are they of lesser intelligence? Anything I've read about vampires indicates that they are not in need of sleep, so they would have plenty of time to study. There's also the immortality, which would mean they would have significant knowledge of history. I don't know much about werewolves, so I can't say anything in their defense.

knowledge =/= intelligence.

I think we may have to define intelligence. I had always thought of it as the ability to learn and apply that knowledge in a variety of situations. So, even if they aren't the same, knowledge is still important. What definition are you using?
Just because they have more hours of study time does not make them smarter than a human being. Vampire = 1/2 human + 1/2 bat .....1/2 human = 1/2 intelligence. Werewolf = 1/2 human + 1/2 wolf...1/2 human = 1/2 the intelligence. Therefore, a human being is more intelligent than both a vampire and a werewolf. I extend my arguments that I would prefer to maintain my intelligence, and stay 100% human rather than be a vampire or a werewolf.

You're assuming only humans have intelligence, when that isn't true. Other animals have intelligence. I don't know that they have as much, but they do have some. There may be a slight decline in intelligence, but it comes with many other benefits.
koolcat
Posts: 69
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:23:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
thats not intirley true, they cant get hit by direct sunlight so they could go out when it cloudy or even if its raining they just have to be careful
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:26:10 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 8:54:23 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/25/2011 8:45:47 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:
At 8/25/2011 8:26:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
I would be neither, for to answer this question I would have to lump myself with the rest of the teenage society. I am no conformer.

In saying that, you are "lumping yourself with the rest of the teenage society". Teenagers are a group of people trying to be individuals. It's only an illusion of rebellion, because we all do it. During adolescence, humans try to establish their own identity. http://library.thinkquest.org...

You're wrong. That's a teenage stereotype, and it doesn't hold water. Most teenagers want to be in with the crowd and do whatever everyone else is doing. They all act the same way, and think the same way. Their always after one craze or another. Most teenagers don't care about being individual, some do, most don't. So again, you're wrong.

I would be a human being since vampires and werewolves are both life forms of lesser intelligence.

How are they of lesser intelligence? Anything I've read about vampires indicates that they are not in need of sleep, so they would have plenty of time to study. There's also the immortality, which would mean they would have significant knowledge of history. I don't know much about werewolves, so I can't say anything in their defense.

knowledge =/= intelligence. Just because they have more hours of study time does not make them smarter than a human being. Vampire = 1/2 human + 1/2 bat .....1/2 human = 1/2 intelligence. Werewolf = 1/2 human + 1/2 wolf...1/2 human = 1/2 the intelligence. Therefore, a human being is more intelligent than both a vampire and a werewolf. I extend my arguments that I would prefer to maintain my intelligence, and stay 100% human rather than be a vampire or a werewolf.

Vampires are not half human half bat...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:26:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:23:06 AM, koolcat wrote:
thats not intirley true, they cant get hit by direct sunlight so they could go out when it cloudy or even if its raining they just have to be careful

No they can't.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:29:33 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
vampire who turned into a werewolf for full moons... fantasy equivalent of drugs? ...for vampires?
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Ore_Ele
Posts: 25,980
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:38:55 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/25/2011 7:32:30 PM, koolcat wrote:
vampires look like humans but they need blood to survive they run super fast and have super strength. Werwolfs look like humans but when its a full moon they turn into things that look like dogs they have super shtragths but they dont need blood.

Is it possible for a Vampire to die, what about a Werewolf? Different stories have different weaknesses and such for each, so got to know my full options before making a decision.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:39:31 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:38:11 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
But I'm alright nowooooooooooooooooo!

lol... but what do you got against poor misunderstood werewolves you wanker?!
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
brian_eggleston
Posts: 3,347
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:44:08 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:39:31 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/26/2011 11:38:11 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
But I'm alright nowooooooooooooooooo!

lol... but what do you got against poor misunderstood werewolves you wanker?!

Nothing but I'd rather be a vampire - they always end up snogging some cracking bird with no clothes on.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:46:58 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:26:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Vampires are not half human half bat...

"Baital is an Indian race of vampires their natural form is half man, half bat" (http://www.weird-encyclopedia.com...). So, apparently there are different kinds of vampires. So some of them are half human half bat. Boy do I hate when people contradict me incorrectly.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
el-badgero
Posts: 1,045
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:50:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:44:08 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
At 8/26/2011 11:39:31 AM, el-badgero wrote:
At 8/26/2011 11:38:11 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
But I'm alright nowooooooooooooooooo!

lol... but what do you got against poor misunderstood werewolves you wanker?!

Nothing but I'd rather be a vampire - they always end up snogging some cracking bird with no clothes on.

ah well that's fair enough then... sorry for calling you a wanker...
DATCMOTO's moustache makes him look like an eejit...

edit: nah, i'm jealous... God's an eejit definitely though!
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:52:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:38:55 AM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 8/25/2011 7:32:30 PM, koolcat wrote:
vampires look like humans but they need blood to survive they run super fast and have super strength. Werwolfs look like humans but when its a full moon they turn into things that look like dogs they have super shtragths but they dont need blood.

Is it possible for a Vampire to die, what about a Werewolf? Different stories have different weaknesses and such for each, so got to know my full options before making a decision.

Time. Werewolves are mortal.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Posts: 10,806
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 11:54:59 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 11:46:58 AM, 000ike wrote:
At 8/26/2011 11:26:10 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
Vampires are not half human half bat...


"Baital is an Indian race of vampires their natural form is half man, half bat" (http://www.weird-encyclopedia.com...). So, apparently there are different kinds of vampires. So some of them are half human half bat. Boy do I hate when people contradict me incorrectly.

You did not define Batail did you?

Dracula, Nosferatu, Lestat etc... not half bats.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.