Lucid Dreaming

Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 12:48:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 8/26/2011 12:48:12 PM, Jon1 wrote:
Any lucid dreamers here? I myself am still struggling to have my first LD. Any advice?

Dunno why I am so careless today.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 1:24:56 PM
At 8/26/2011 1:21:54 PM, Jon1 wrote:
Either this site is very slow or my interests are boring. LOL, I hope it's not the latter.

its the latter...lol I'm joking, but it really is the latter though.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 1:55:01 PM
At 8/26/2011 1:46:39 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
Things quickly turn into a rape fest when I realize that I'm lucid dreaming.

Justin Justin Justin, why does that not surprise me.
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:01:32 PM
I've had a few short ones but I always wake up before I can rape anyone.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:21:59 PM
Funny, a lucid dream is almost like an opportunity to wish for anything. Why then are people wishing for rape as opposed to allowing your subconscious to test out the possibility of world peace?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:22:22 PM
I've had a few short ones but I always wake up before I can rape anyone.

A bloody shame. You're still a virgin in my book. Or maybe a 2/3 virgin if 1/3 of our life is spent sleeping.
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:22:32 PM
How can yal speak so easily about rape fantasies? At least this topic will gather some posts as opposed to my one. Is that even good, though?
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:27:46 PM
At 8/26/2011 2:26:30 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I dream lucidly every night.

What's your secret? I've been trying for weeks without any signs of success.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:32:41 PM
hmm i've had quite the few lucid dreams and let me just say they are all pretty awesome. (you can go f*ck anyone you want yeah sure but the real fun is in exploring our subconscious mind.. asking the people in our dreams what their purpose is, flying into outer space, seeing your own aura or whatever..)

When i first tried to do it, it was easier during naps because we are in a less deep level of sleep.

just try to stay aware in your dreams, take note of things that are out of the ordinary (in your waking world as well.) if you see something that shouldn't be happening in the real world, this is a trigger for you to say "oh, im obviously dreaming, now let me go cause some ruckus up in here!"

everyone is different so just read up at different places on some techniques if you really want to do it.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:38:44 PM
At 8/26/2011 2:27:46 PM, Jon1 wrote:

I first started lucid dreaming regularly when I was 12. To begin with, it all really comes down to realizing that you are asleep. I frankly don't know how to do that, I just do. But once you have, it still doesn't ensure that you will have control. After it started happening I began to quickly pickup on what I call "dream logic" where you will do something that will have a certain effect that just seems to make sense to you subconsciously. And everyone's is different. I have my own dream logic that I use to help myself fly or to jump to a different dream scenario and other things.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:40:27 PM
some people do crazy sleeping techniques, like waking up at the buttcrack of dawn, staying up for an hour, and then going back to sleep, etc.

but that can be a hassle and a waste of effort.

meditation helps.

so does being more aware of your surroundings. and keeping a log of your dreams so you will be familiar with your dream symbols.

honestly, just having the idea in your mind will make it happen. it might take some time for it to sink in that this is possible.

all i really did was read up a little bit about it, and then a month later i had one for the first time since i was a kid, and then it started happening more often and easily.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:45:18 PM
At 8/26/2011 2:38:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I first started lucid dreaming regularly when I was 12. To begin with, it all really comes down to realizing that you are asleep. I frankly don't know how to do that, I just do. But once you have, it still doesn't ensure that you will have control. After it started happening I began to quickly pickup on what I call "dream logic" where you will do something that will have a certain effect that just seems to make sense to you subconsciously. And everyone's is different. I have my own dream logic that I use to help myself fly or to jump to a different dream scenario and other things.

thats pretty cool :) haven't talked to many other people who can lucid dream.

for flying- i usually just jump real hard and then just start soaring.

i find that often when i realize im dreaming, the dream starts to fade. i have to either focus on the same dream or close my dream eyes and think of a new one.

and then theres the whole dilemma of becoming distracted by the dream and forgetting again :| Do you have this problem? I keep having to remind myself that im dreaming every couple minutes or I start to succumb to the dream again.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:49:13 PM
Fading lucid dreams are very common. My own theory is that it's a subconscious reflection that you don't believe you will be able to lucid dream. Many people experience fading dreams when they reach a certain point in a dream like being with a certain person, which I think reflects that they don't believe they will ever be able to be with that person, even in their dreams.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 2:57:59 PM
At 8/26/2011 2:21:59 PM, 000ike wrote:
Funny, a lucid dream is almost like an opportunity to wish for anything. Why then are people wishing for rape as opposed to allowing your subconscious to test out the possibility of world peace?

World peace isn't something that makes an experienciable difference in the timeframe of even a long lucid dream. Besides, peace is boring, the only good of it is not getting shot, and in a dream it doesn't matter if you're shot anyway.

How can yal speak so easily about rape fantasies?
Why not?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 3:00:16 PM
^ That is very perceptive. I think you are right on that one. Which is why some people can't really control their dreams even if they know they are dreaming; its a matter of their own perception. Dreams are great because you can always do the impossible if your mind is open to it. (which is the same with reality...)
Lionheart
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 3:51:14 PM
At 8/26/2011 2:38:44 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 8/26/2011 2:27:46 PM, Jon1 wrote:

I agree with this. I started lucid dreaming around the same time. A curious thing that happens to me though, if I try to make immoral choices just for fun... I wake up shortly after. I can almost feel it happening in my dream. The waking up about to happen. It's odd, but I'm sure that I'm not the only one.

I would recommend getting a book on it. Though I never did, I just took control over my mind. If you can truly do that awake, you can do it when you sleep.
"Knowing others is intelligence;
knowing yourself is true wisdom.
Mastering others is strength;
mastering yourself is true power."

- Lionheart -
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 3:56:35 PM
I had a lucid rage dream once...then the drugs wore off and prison returned the favor. :(
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 3:57:53 PM
At 8/26/2011 3:56:16 PM, Jon1 wrote:
I find it strange that so many people know about it and have practised lucid dreaming yet I just found out about it.

They hadn't invented yet it back in the 50's when you were a kid.
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:01:59 PM
At 8/26/2011 3:57:53 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
I find it strange that so many people know about it and have practised lucid dreaming yet I just found out about it.

Lucid dreaming isn't an invention, it's a natural phenomena.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:02:56 PM

They hadn't invented it yet back in the 50's when you were a kid.

LOL! you say some goofy stuff sometimes :)
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:04:03 PM

Also, I'm not a 73 year old living in Afghanistan.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:18:12 PM
At 8/26/2011 4:01:59 PM, Jon1 wrote:

Lucid dreaming isn't an invention, it's a natural phenomena.

Actually, it is caused by the government blasting a particular flucuating pattern of photoelectric waves into your mind while you sleep which triggers it. They do this to keep you happy so they can control you better.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/26/2011 4:19:21 PM
At 8/26/2011 4:04:03 PM, Jon1 wrote:

Also, I'm not a 73 year old living in Afghanistan.