Jump to topic:

Don't ask don't tell

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:00:50 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
This isnt the military policy but the fact that people ask questions and get upset with the question if there is a possibality you arent going to hear what you want to hear don't ask and nobody will tell simple
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:02:37 PM
What in the world are you rambling on about? Dead issue, it was repealed sometime in the beginning of winter.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:03:38 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:00:50 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
This isnt the military policy but the fact that people ask questions and get upset with the question if there is a possibality you arent going to hear what you want to hear don't ask and nobody will tell simple

1) I have no idea what you just said, except I assume it was in favor of the DADT policy.

2) I thoroughly disagreed with the policy whilst it was in place, both for my own personal proclivity as well as logistically. If servicemembers care to ask about orientation, then another should have the right to speak freely, as long as it doesn't disrupt service.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:07:12 PM
Not the military policy
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:08:19 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:07:12 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Not the military policy

Then what are you talking about?

Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:09:37 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:00:50 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

I suspect that this came from your experiences with DDO members.
First of all, let me address your points:
the fact that people ask questions and get upset with the question
I don't understand...whose questions? I presume it to be the people's, but if it is their choice to ask and inquire, why should they be 'upset with the question'?

if there is a possibality you arent going to hear what you want to hear don't ask and nobody will tell
By that logic, if I ask a question to my teacher ('How would you grade my essay?') and expected a ten, but not a ('one', 'two', 'three', 'four'....'nine'), I shouldn't ask at all.

Ridiculous. People need to learn in different ways, especially if they are given responses outside of their expectations that explain so (i.e. the teacher might explain why he/she would give the paper a six instead a ten and so on).

The rule is not 'don't ask don't tell' nor is it that simple. Basically, if my interpretation is correct, we should evade controversy and issues and risk better judgment.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:11:55 PM
I'm saying if you are going to get upset about about it and complain but if you can handle it feel free
Dude. Shades
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:14:35 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:11:55 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
I'm saying if you are going to get upset about about it and complain but if you can handle it feel free

But that's untrue. Sometimes we NEED to ask questions that we don't want the answer to:

For example (I'm going to put on my hypothetical tinfoil hat here), if the government had a giant conspiracy where they're putting brainwashing substances into McDonald's food, and we inquire and research, and we get the truth, OF COURSE we'd get upset about it. But that seems like a pretty necessary question to ask, don't you think?

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:18:02 PM
Yes but not on that large a scale don't yell at people for an honest answer to your question
Dude. Shades
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:19:32 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:11:55 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

You must be referring to our reaction to your racism. I apologize, for myself anyway. It really is not my fault, I'm allergic to stupidity.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:20:08 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:18:02 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Yes but not on that large a scale don't yell at people for an honest answer to your question

Eh....again, it doesn't wash. If you asked someone if they hated Christians, and they said they absolutely did, would you have the right to get mad?

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:28:38 PM
Something seemed vaguely familiar about how calvincambridge spoke, the nature of his threads, and the sheer stupidity of his posts.........he's Inferno.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:31:29 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:28:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
Something seemed vaguely familiar about how calvincambridge spoke, the nature of his threads, and the sheer stupidity of his posts.........he's Inferno.

Nonononono. He popped up before Inferno--I know because I remember the day. And besides, calvin always writes short posts with (to be brutally honest) shoddy grammar, AND he doesn't post in the awkward random skipping, as though he's writing a poem, the way Inferno does.

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/29/2011 9:38:51 PM
At 8/29/2011 9:31:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 8/29/2011 9:28:38 PM, 000ike wrote:

Nonononono. He popped up before Inferno--I know because I remember the day. And besides, calvin always writes short posts with (to be brutally honest) shoddy grammar, AND he doesn't post in the awkward random skipping, as though he's writing a poem, the way Inferno does.

They're both Christian and they both troll EXACTLY the same way. Inferno trolls by doing deliberate irritating things to provoke a response. Cambridge deliberately reopens old and dead threads because he knows it annoys people. Cambridge I suspect was inferno's original account. If I am wrong, then at the very least I must be correct that this guy has some other account. He's supposedly 55 and racist with a highschool education, but he speaks like an arrogant guy in his 20-30s......something is off here.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 7:22:58 PM
Listen my best friend is black I love black people until we reach the sexual level
Dude. Shades
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 7:24:21 PM
I'm acctually a teenager
Dude. Shades
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 7:37:14 PM
At 8/30/2011 7:22:58 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Listen my best friend is black I love black people until we reach the sexual level

Then the problem is how you express yourself, thats all. The way you phrased your regard for black females was offensive.

If you were to say, "You know it's funny but I am not really attracted to black girls". No one can really be offended, unless it's in a context of you being a jerk.

However you said something akin to saying that black and beautiful was an oxymoron. Comes across a little jerkish.

Not that I was particularly offended in the first place.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
8/30/2011 7:40:29 PM
Thank you I dident realize that
Dude. Shades