Jump to topic:

Guacamole Burger

iamdrunkritenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:01:48 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Forgot to take a picture. This recipe rocked. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did

Guacamole and Guacamole Burger Recipe Makes 4

Pretips:
1. Guacamoles need to be ripe in order to make guacamole. Soft to the touch not firm. It is over ripe when it is very mushy and upon shaking, you can hear the pit moving inside. The ripening process begins on the ends of the guacamole.
2. Avocados brown easily so cut up all ingredients besides avocado first
3. As soon as the avocado meat has been cut away from the shell and core immediately mash it with the salt and lime the sooner the better. Then mix in the precut ingredients and put in the fridge. Make sure to cover with plastic and make sure the plastic is pressed right up against the guacamole leaving no air in between the plastic and guacamole

3 avocados - peeled, pitted, and mashed

1 lime, juiced

1 teaspoon salt

1/2 cup diced onion

3 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro

2 roma (plum) tomatoes, diced

1 teaspoon minced garlic

1 pinch ground cayenne pepper

Directions

In a medium bowl, mash together the avocados, lime juice, and salt. Mix in onion, cilantro, tomatoes, and garlic. Stir in cayenne pepper. Refrigerate 1 hour for best flavor

Guacamole Burger

Burger

1-1/4 pounds lean ground beef

3/8 lime, juiced

2 teaspoons minced garlic

3/4 teaspoon chili powder

1/3 cup diced onion

1/3 cup chopped cilantro

4 slices Monterey Jack cheese

8 Flour tortillias

Directions

Preheat an outdoor grill for medium heat.

In a large bowl, mix together beef, the juice of half a lime, 2 tsp garlic, chili powder, 1/3 cup diced onion, and cilantro. Form the meat into 4 patties.

Cook the burgers to desired doneness on the preheated grill. Add a slice of cheese to each burger during the last minute of cooking.

On the grill slightly toast the flour tortillias until they are crispy but not to the point where they break apart, just crispy.

Serve half the burger in one tortillia with some guacamole serve the other half in the second tortillia. Goes well with corn and rice.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:07:36 AM
I would have sex with this burger if it was a person.

Actually, I'd probably have sex with it regardless.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
iamdrunkritenow
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/11/2011 1:12:11 AM
also instead of the chili powder i typically use my secret mexican seasoning that i have premixed. Recipe is following just multiply it and store

* 1 tablespoon and 1 teaspsoon chili powder
* 1/4 teaspoon garlic powder
* 1/4 teaspoon onion powder
* 1/4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
* 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 teaspoon paprika
* 2 teaspoons ground cumin
* 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
* 1 teaspoon black pepper