Jump to topic:

Long distance love?

mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 1:10:51 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend since the 8th grade when I met her in middle school. now we are both in the 10th grade . we never really had fights at all and we have been madly in love, in fact our two year anniversary was last month and we had a romantic time . we both were going to the same school but I recently moved meaning I had to switch schools and that has affected us greatly. she or I always call each other every morning before school to say "I love you" but also we have been having more fights over really stupid,small stuff recently since I moved and I could only see her once or twice a month if lucky. I would go to her house but her grandma isn't cool with her granddaughter having a Boyfriend ( her mom knows me and is cool with us dating). how should I approach this problem or what could I do to fix things.
Osiris
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:13:48 PM
At 9/12/2011 1:10:51 PM, mauricio2 wrote:
I have been in a relationship with my girlfriend since the 8th grade when I met her in middle school. now we are both in the 10th grade . we never really had fights at all and we have been madly in love, in fact our two year anniversary was last month and we had a romantic time . we both were going to the same school but I recently moved meaning I had to switch schools and that has affected us greatly. she or I always call each other every morning before school to say "I love you" but also we have been having more fights over really stupid,small stuff recently since I moved and I could only see her once or twice a month if lucky. I would go to her house but her grandma isn't cool with her granddaughter having a Boyfriend ( her mom knows me and is cool with us dating). how should I approach this problem or what could I do to fix things.

I think the reason you guys are fighting now is because the distance is putting a strain on your relationship. You guys are both so young, so the concept of independence, space, etc may be hard for you to grasp just yet. Just because you guys are apart doesn't mean that you guys can't continue to enjoy each other. For example, maybe when you guys actually do get to see each other you can do really spontaneous things AWAY from her house, so you don't have to deal with her grandma. Also, you guys can still chat, skype, text, etc. Also, just from experience, don't sweat the small stuff. If you guys ever get into an argument about something "little" just take a breath, realize how pointless it is, and sometimes just concede.
"Common sense is not so common." -Voltaire
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:32:05 PM
At 9/12/2011 2:13:48 PM, Osiris wrote:

I think the reason you guys are fighting now is because the distance is putting a strain on your relationship. You guys are both so young, so the concept of independence, space, etc may be hard for you to grasp just yet. Just because you guys are apart doesn't mean that you guys can't continue to enjoy each other. For example, maybe when you guys actually do get to see each other you can do really spontaneous things AWAY from her house, so you don't have to deal with her grandma. Also, you guys can still chat, skype, text, etc. Also, just from experience, don't sweat the small stuff. If you guys ever get into an argument about something "little" just take a breath, realize how pointless it is, and sometimes just concede.

Yeah I should really try that but what type of "spontaneous things" could we do? and it's really hard to see her cause she lives with her grandma in a gated community where kids aren't even suppose to live there and she has very little freedom. the only times i get to see her is if I don't go to school or get out early and go to her school after school or if she sleeps over at her friends house and i go to her friends house and SOMETIMES she goes to the movie theater with her friends and she would meet me there. so it's complicated.
Indophile
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 2:38:02 PM

Should there be an age limit for falling in love?

At the least, one should not fall in love unless one is master of one's own time. Otherwise it's hell.
You will say that I don't really know you
And it will be true.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/12/2011 6:39:40 PM
You guys should just break up. I don't want to sound cynical, but you both are incredibly young and now you're moving away from one another. It's only a matter of time before one or both of you drift away emotionally from one another and find interest in other people. Then feelings are going to get hurt. Do yourselves a favor and enjoy your youth while you still have it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 11:43:06 AM
I honestly have to say it's going to be a matter of how much effort you want to put into the relationship...
I mean, I'm a hopeless romantic so I really hope it works out for you guys, but whether or not you stay together is going to rely solely on both of your efforts.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 2:52:13 PM
At 9/12/2011 6:39:40 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You guys should just break up. I don't want to sound cynical, but you both are incredibly young and now you're moving away from one another. It's only a matter of time before one or both of you drift away emotionally from one another and find interest in other people. Then feelings are going to get hurt. Do yourselves a favor and enjoy your youth while you still have it.

I wouldn't put it as bluntly as that. But yeah, as a pragmatist, you will save a lot of heartache by moving on now than watching your relationship spiral downward later. Like most youngins though I imagine this advice will be ignored because we just don't get how in looooooooovvvvvee you are. Everyone's been there, trust me this will be your less painful option.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/21/2011 3:44:01 PM
Unless you plan to move back together after college, break up. Long distance with no definite reunion is doomed. Most long distance relationships are doomed anyway, but if you really plan to move back together and get married, then you'll be able to weather the storm.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
MasterKage
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 8:31:40 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 8:29:17 AM, EPRdebate wrote:
Either ur gonna break up or you have to put in alot of effort, how much is she worth to u?

Why would you bump a old topic?
This signature is full of timey wimey wibbly wobbly stuff...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/5/2012 9:03:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/5/2012 8:31:40 AM, MasterKage wrote:
At 2/5/2012 8:29:17 AM, EPRdebate wrote:
Either ur gonna break up or you have to put in alot of effort, how much is she worth to u?

Why would you bump a old topic?

lol, didn't even notice.
kfc