Jump to topic:

I am a Roman

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:32:24 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Yes ancient Rome don't ask me which providence i'm just Roman any other Romans here
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:40:31 PM
Well I guess my country never formally seceded from the Roman Empire...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 6:41:31 PM
At 9/13/2011 6:40:31 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

A fellow Roman do you speak Greek or Latin or both
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/13/2011 8:35:20 PM
At 9/13/2011 6:41:31 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

I speak Slavic, and I emigrated to the north and west far before the establishment of the Roman Empire...I have not yet adopted the dialects of Latin.

And note that other languages were prevalent at the time. Etruscan is one of them...In fact, parts of the Etruscan language can be seen inscribed in the repositories: tombs that have been excavated...today...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 7:29:48 AM
Yea I don't know what is going on!
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 4:51:12 PM
At 9/14/2011 7:10:14 AM, bobjenkins wrote:
I am also a fellow Roman and am fluent in Latin as well as some old greccian dialects

Salutat Romani hominous.
Dude. Shades
innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 4:54:28 PM
At 9/13/2011 8:35:20 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

I speak Slavic, and I emigrated to the north and west far before the establishment of the Roman Empire...I have not yet adopted the dialects of Latin.

And note that other languages were prevalent at the time. Etruscan is one of them...In fact, parts of the Etruscan language can be seen inscribed in the repositories: tombs that have been excavated...today...

Yeah, no one ever really spoke it in the streets or anything, it was mostly a literary language and official language.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:02:47 PM
I am very aware.
Dude. Shades
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:04:56 PM
At 9/14/2011 4:54:28 PM, innomen wrote:

Yeah, no one ever really spoke it in the streets or anything, it was mostly a literary language and official language.

I know literary latin and "street Greek" Aka Koine Greek
Dude. Shades
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/14/2011 5:10:38 PM
At 9/14/2011 5:04:56 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

So how do you know English? Was the English language present before the fall of Rome and the invasion of barbarian tribes in the fifth century?

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 5:00:31 PM
At 9/14/2011 5:10:38 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

So how do you know English? Was the English language present before the fall of Rome and the invasion of barbarian tribes in the fifth century?

I learned it during the late 1400s infinitley high school languauge.
Dude. Shades
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 5:51:22 PM
At 9/15/2011 5:00:31 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

In the Byzantine Empire?

Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:43:47 PM
At 9/15/2011 5:51:22 PM, Man-is-good wrote:

In the Byzantine Empire?

No post byzatine like 1480
Dude. Shades
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/15/2011 7:54:26 PM
At 9/15/2011 7:43:47 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

In the Byzantine Empire?

No post byzatine like 1480

*walks out of thread*
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/16/2011 2:49:57 AM

In the Byzantine Empire?

The Byzantine Empire was destroyed in the mid 1400's...
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 12:04:56 AM
At 9/16/2011 2:49:57 AM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

In the Byzantine Empire?

*jumps back into thread, grabbing C_N by the collar and pulls him out of the thread seconds before the thread combusts in flame.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:05:58 AM
here is the original.
Dude. Shades
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:09:05 AM

In the Byzantine Empire?

Yes 1453 by the way when I say Roman it means byzatine and western empires I started English in 1480 shortly later.
Dude. Shades
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:09:31 AM
At 9/13/2011 6:32:24 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
Yes ancient Rome don't ask me which providence i'm just Roman any other Romans here:

Congratulations.

*rolls eyes*
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Greyparrot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:15:20 AM
At 9/17/2011 8:09:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
Yes ancient Rome don't ask me which providence i'm just Roman any other Romans here:

Congratulations.

*rolls eyes*
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/17/2011 8:19:20 AM
At 9/17/2011 8:15:20 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 9/17/2011 8:09:31 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:

Congratulations.

*rolls eyes*

what
Dude. Shades
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/18/2011 12:59:03 PM
At 9/17/2011 8:09:05 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:

In the Byzantine Empire?

True, though the last remnant of the empire was the Depostate of the Morea as well as the subdivision of the empire, the Empire of Trebizond...

though Mehmed's successors continued to rule Constainople after its fall, proclaiming its heritage of Rome, so a better question would be:

In Constainople, or in West Europe?

Yes 1453 by the way when I say Roman it means byzatine and western empires I started English in 1480 shortly later.