Slag-tags and whore-marks

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:03:59 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 9/23/2011 5:05:36 AM, brian_eggleston wrote:
Do you think body-piercings and tattoos make women appear more ladylike or do you think they make them look cheap?

Trashy.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:17:49 PM
i think piercings look bad, especially on females. (earrings are ok though) everyone outgrows them at some point.

tattoos i like. they can be an expressive art form. they can look cheap if overdone or done sloppily. i only have them where they can't be seen over clothing because unfortunately, people are more apt to respond negatively to someone with tattoos. i get them because i like them, not to show them off; and i think thats the reason behind why they often look trashy on people.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:30:38 PM
At 9/23/2011 2:17:49 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
i think piercings look bad, especially on females. (earrings are ok though) everyone outgrows them at some point.

tattoos i like. they can be an expressive art form. they can look cheap if overdone or done sloppily. i only have them where they can't be seen over clothing because unfortunately, people are more apt to respond negatively to someone with tattoos. i get them because i like them, not to show them off; and i think thats the reason behind why they often look trashy on people.

What cannot be considered "an exressive art form"? That doesn't actually legitimize the action. If people want to damage and deface their own skin with this "art" then I
say go right ahead. They will also have to deal with the prejudgments of having a jaded personality, being emo or goth.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 2:47:01 PM
At 9/23/2011 2:30:38 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 9/23/2011 2:17:49 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:

What cannot be considered "an exressive art form"? That doesn't actually legitimize the action. If people want to damage and deface their own skin with this "art" then I
say go right ahead. They will also have to deal with the prejudgments of having a jaded personality, being emo or goth.

No, it doesn't legitimize it to someone who doesn't like it, but its not your body to decide. The same thing could be said about makeup or hair removals but those are accepted as normal, therefore no one cares.

And actually, no, i have tattoos and I don't get judged on them, because no one can see them unless i choose to show it to them.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:57:47 PM
There is nothing wrong with any of it. They are all valid forms of expression, and anyone who would judge someone based on that is a wanker in my opinion.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 3:58:41 PM
I wouldn't say they make a woman look more ladylike.. I also wouldn't say that it makes them look more cheap..

What it does is, it makes them look more like the biker girls who frequent some of the places I've played at.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 4:00:32 PM
Actually, that isn't true unless you have a lot of tattoos, and piercings in odd places.. I'm just rambling.

If I see a girl with a tattoo that I've seen on multiple people before, It is a big turn off for me. I love unique or at least rare tattoos.

Piercings, I have no opinion. Tongue piercings can be pretty nice, if you know what I mean.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 12:21:24 AM
Just don't over do it. http://imgur.com...
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:47:21 AM
At 9/24/2011 12:21:24 AM, phantom wrote:
Just don't over do it. http://imgur.com...

The Rule of Jones states that if your body modifications prevent you from giving a blowjob without severely lacerating one's member, you are overdoing it.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 12:27:23 PM
Do you think body-piercings and tattoos make women appear more ladylike or do you think they make them look cheap?:

I like girls with tats, not a fan of piercings though.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 12:28:39 PM
Do you think body-piercings and tattoos make women appear more ladylike or do you think they make them look cheap?

It depends, both on the modifications and the woman. Those beauties that grace the cover of tattoo magazines on one hand, and the typical 'lady' you are likely to bump into in southend-on-sea on the other.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:38:15 PM
Earrings (no more than two per ear, one lobe, one cartilage) and small nose studs (but only on women with sharper noses) can be extremely good looking

small tats on the arms or body can be hot, but I hate a girl with too much ink.

I find nipple rings, whatever those chest stud piercings are called, and large red tattoos HIGHLY disturbing.
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:38:47 PM
oh and gauges that stretch out ears = vomit
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:47:38 PM
I think only attractive, thin, feminine women can pull off tattoos and make them look hot (and they can't over-do it either). Of course this is completely subjective and I'm kind of disappointed in myself for that standard, but hey I'm a product of my culture ;)

I hate nipple rings. I don't like most piercings, but again some can be sexy. My friend has her back pierced (in the tramp stamp area). I wanted to get the back my neck pierced in the shoulder blade area (I'll look for a pic if you dunno what I'm talking about). Interesting ones like that can be kinda cool. I've had my lip and tongue pierced in the past. The lip ring is a phase (though I think it looked good) and hey the tongue ring kind of served a practical purpose :P I think nose rings on most people look stupid; it looks like a huge blackhead. Anything on the ears is generally okay.
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:48:04 PM
At 9/24/2011 1:38:47 PM, bluesteel wrote:
oh and gauges that stretch out ears = vomit

Indeed. They smell really bad too!
President of DDO
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:16:11 PM
Here's the nape piercing I was talking about, though I'd probably get it a little lower if I got it at all (http://3.bp.blogspot.com...). INB4 "It's a pointless piercing." All piercings are pretty pointless, unless you're doing something like this (http://0.tqn.com...) which I actually think is pretty cool. Again our perspective is going to be decided by culture and what you think is supposed to look hot vs. "trashy" which is so stupid. My friend's back piercing looks like this (http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com...). It's more interesting than a belly button ring, IMO.
President of DDO
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:30:25 PM
I think ear piercings are more feminine. I mean, if your baby girl has no piercings and I say "He's so adorable!" don't get mad at me lol. I think girls with sleeves look cheap and that, in general, large tattoos/colourful tattoos look cheap.

I used to have a stud in my tragus but it fell out in an airport and closed up almost immediately. I'd like to pierce it again but my boyfriend doesn't like it. I have a tattoo on my arm.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:33:17 PM
At 9/24/2011 2:16:11 PM, Danielle wrote:
Here's the nape piercing I was talking about, though I'd probably get it a little lower if I got it at all (http://3.bp.blogspot.com...). INB4 "It's a pointless piercing." All piercings are pretty pointless, unless you're doing something like this (http://0.tqn.com...) which I actually think is pretty cool. Again our perspective is going to be decided by culture and what you think is supposed to look hot vs. "trashy" which is so stupid. My friend's back piercing looks like this (http://a4.l3-images.myspacecdn.com...). It's more interesting than a belly button ring, IMO.

I think the nape piercing is awesome. I have this fascination with piercings, even though I only have two in each lobe (and I only wear earrings in the top ones).
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:39:17 PM
At 9/23/2011 3:57:47 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
There is nothing wrong with any of it. They are all valid forms of expression, and anyone who would judge someone based on that is a wanker in my opinion.

Does not altering forever your personal appearance give one cause to question that persons judgement? A persons personality goes through monumental changes every 5 to seven years as one gains more wisdom. What was once the focal point of ones life, becomes irrelevant the next. I generally don't judge people by their tattoos or piercings. I severely question their judgement which by proxy judges them.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:39:23 PM
I think girls with sleeves look cheap and that, in general, large tattoos/colourful tattoos look cheap.:

What about guys with sleeves?
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
mattrodstrom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:40:00 PM
At 9/24/2011 2:16:11 PM, Danielle wrote:

I think all the Unconventional piercings look extremely unattractive.

especially the neck and back ones.

belly buttons and tongue piercings too.. the only one's that look ok in my book are nose ears and eyebrow.. and sometimes not the brow or nose either

tattoos that are neat or interesting and look Well done are pretty cool.

one's that don't look like they took effort/skill on the part of the tattoo artist, and/or forethought, look dumb
"He who does not know how to put his will into things at least puts a meaning into them: that is, he believes there is a will in them already."

Metaphysics:
"The science.. which deals with the fundamental errors of mankind - but as if they were the fundamental truths."
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 2:41:03 PM
At 9/24/2011 2:39:23 PM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
I think girls with sleeves look cheap and that, in general, large tattoos/colourful tattoos look cheap.:

What about guys with sleeves?

Guys with sleeves are hot sometimes. Depends on the guy :p
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 10:12:37 AM
Earrings and belly button is about it, but anything else seems rather overboard and simply painful to me.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
feverish
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 4:53:10 PM
What cereb said, all depends on the design, the presentation and the indvidual.

My girlfriend has ears, nose, tongue and left nipple pierced, (all studs, no rings) and a small tattoo on her right foot.
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:04:36 AM
I feel like gauges are trashy.
some piercings, like spider- or snake-bites are okay on certain people, but most piercings are kind of unnecessary. Why would you want to have to take all that out before you get on a plane??
I want to have six studs in one ear and five in the other, but other than that, I don't really plan on too much body alteration.
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:35:16 AM

It really depends on the tattoos and piercings. Most of them just look like trash (classic "tramp stamp"), but sometimes they can be nice and artisitic. Though I don't know if they would give off a "lady like" appearance.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"