Jump to topic:

How many classes do you take?

phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:07:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
As a homeschooler I'm just curious how many classes you take in school. I take seven classes away from home and do 2 subjects at home.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:20:44 PM
I am private schooled and I take Science, American History, Consumer Math, Art, Spanish, Grammar, Religion, and World Literature. So I take around eight.
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:24:48 PM
At 9/23/2011 11:07:40 PM, phantom wrote:
As a homeschooler I'm just curious how many classes you take in school. I take seven classes away from home and do 2 subjects at home.

I used to take nine when I was homeschooled. I did all of them at home, most with a computer software. How do the classes away from home work? I've never tried that.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:31:50 PM
At 9/23/2011 11:24:48 PM, Andromeda_Z wrote:

I used to take nine when I was homeschooled. I did all of them at home, most with a computer software. How do the classes away from home work? I've never tried that.

I go to two co-ops. (Which I recommend to any homeschoolers). I go to one on Monday where I have three classes, and one on Friday where I have four classes. I do the homework in between. I have friends who are taking classes at colleges too, but I don't do that.

It's kind of like I go to school 2 days a week it's just not a normal school.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Deathbeforedishonour
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:40:41 PM
I got a question. DO you like being homeschooled, and do you have any problems making friends sice you started? Just wondering..
"In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God." ~ John 1:1

Matthew 10:22- "And ye shall be hated of all men for my name's sake: but he that endureth to the end shall be saved."
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/23/2011 11:48:22 PM
At 9/23/2011 11:40:41 PM, Deathbeforedishonour wrote:
I got a question.
You asked two! :P
DO you like being homeschooled,
Yup.

and do you have any problems making friends sice you started? Just wondering..
Nope. I go to two co-ops. Plus Church, soccer team and other things.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 1:57:05 AM
At 9/24/2011 12:09:12 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
seven.

YEAH!!!!
CALIFORNIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
MAX SEVEN I THINK!!! lol
I take seven, but my friend who goes to CAMS takes 10
TROLOLOL
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:02:05 AM
1. Writing in Labor Studies and Employment Relations
2. Employment Law
3. American Labor Law
4. Development of Labor Movement
5. Anthropology of Sex and Gender
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:15:32 AM
3 classes a semester, which averages to 1 four hour class per week. Currently taking a Business Law course.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
RoyLatham
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:23:04 AM
As an undergrad I went to a school where you could take as many courses as you wanted for the same tuition, so I took six each term. That was a mistake. It's better to focus on fewer subjects. It was fun learning more different subjects however.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:24:42 AM
I'm currently taking seven classes.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:26:31 AM
I am currently taking eight classes (two of which I take on alternative days), though my chem. and lab classes are separate in my high school....
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:31:37 AM
I'll say that gym is not a class. Most gym teachers are too lazy to actually do much.

So that means I have 6 classes
Algebra 2
Chemistry (evil, evil, evil class)
AP US History
Computer Science C++
English
French
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 6:22:16 PM
At 9/24/2011 1:57:05 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
At 9/24/2011 12:09:12 AM, Rockylightning wrote:
seven.

YEAH!!!!
CALIFORNIA PUBLIC SCHOOLS
MAX SEVEN I THINK!!! lol
I take seven, but my friend who goes to CAMS takes 10
TROLOLOL

Yeah....
Andromeda_Z
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 10:10:47 PM
Oh yeah, I never really answered the question in the OP. I'm taking four classes this semester. Forensic Science, Biological Anthropology, State and Local Government, and Personality.
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:10:16 PM
HIST 50/CLAS 47 - Ancient Greek History
LATIN 1 - Elementary Latin
PHIL 1 - Introduction to Philosophy
PHIL 103/LING 103 - Logic
SOC 20 - Moving From Diversity to Social Justice

This is for the fall semester, obviously. The normal number of classes taken here is 4-5. You can take 6 with special permission, and the minimum is 3. The numbering system here makes no sense, and I did not choose to take the SOC class.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/24/2011 11:27:29 PM
At 9/24/2011 11:10:16 PM, Grape wrote:
HIST 50/CLAS 47 - Ancient Greek History
LATIN 1 - Elementary Latin
PHIL 1 - Introduction to Philosophy
PHIL 103/LING 103 - Logic
: SOC 20 - Moving From Diversity to Social Justice

This is for the fall semester, obviously. The normal number of classes taken here is 4-5. You can take 6 with special permission, and the minimum is 3. The numbering system here makes no sense, and I did not choose to take the SOC class.

Seriously? I can only imagine that class being a far-left political indoctrination class.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
Contradiction
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/25/2011 12:54:22 AM
Since it's my first semester, I'm only taking four courses (Most take five).

PHI3700 - Philosophy of Religion
PHI3670 - Ethical Theory
PHI2630 - Ethical Issues/Life Choices
PHI2100 - Introduction to Political Philosophy

I'm taking five next semsester.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 6:45:17 AM
3 plus koine greek
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 12:55:33 PM

When I was in public high school we had seven periods, including lunch. So six classes. The four core were: math, science, social studies, literature. The other two were electives (phys. ed., language, music, etc.). One hour each.

I'm doing online college now and am taking three classes per semester which is a decent sized load.