Jump to topic:

Fight to the death?

MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 4:27:07 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
(hypothetical and unrealistic situation)
Anyway you are in a war with a nation that is looking to wipe out yours. During a battle you find yourself outnumbered. Do you fight to the death or run away to fight another day?

This is also assuming you have no family or anyone that depends on you.....other than your nation of course.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
gerrandesquire
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 5:03:40 AM
At 9/26/2011 4:27:07 AM, MarquisX wrote:
(hypothetical and unrealistic situation)
Anyway you are in a war with a nation that is looking to wipe out yours. During a battle you find yourself outnumbered. Do you fight to the death or run away to fight another day?

This is also assuming you have no family or anyone that depends on you.....other than your nation of course.

Personally, if I am a soldier, fighting for my nation, I'd become one knowing that such a situation can happen. It would be kind of a dream situation for me. So yeah.

Will probably make a youtube video before I go though.
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:57:29 AM
Turn weakness to strength.

Surrender, regroup, recuperate, and fight another day/
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 10:14:47 AM
Wars are not won by simply refusing to back down. Sometimes it is better to retreat. Even if you get captured, assuming the enemy abides by the rules of war you can tie up enemy soldiers who must be rediverted to keep you detained.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:56:58 PM
Neither, I would fight and win. I'm just that good.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 7:59:07 PM
I wouldn't retreat, I'd make a "strategic withdrawal".
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 8:51:52 PM
suicide bomb. Why not take out a few people with me since I'm destined to die anyway? :P

Ok jk. Seriously though. I'm a coward, I'll admit to it. I would so run away.
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 9:09:35 PM
It would depend what the significance of losing that certain battle was. If I had nobody to go home to and nobody to depend on me, then I'd have no issue with being called upon to die for what I considered to be a justified cause to die for. So it depends as to what was at stake.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/26/2011 11:53:59 PM
At 9/26/2011 9:09:35 PM, quarterexchange wrote:
It would depend what the significance of losing that certain battle was. If I had nobody to go home to and nobody to depend on me, then I'd have no issue with being called upon to die for what I considered to be a justified cause to die for. So it depends as to what was at stake.

What about your life? Isn't it the single most important thing in the world? My life definitely is to me.

There is nothing that I would die for. I would retreat to Mexico/Canada and start a new life there.
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:57:37 AM
I would die for my country because if this is an important battle...
Maybe like a turning point...
Because think about ur family at home
what would happen to them if u lose and ur family friends and everything u ever known is wiped away....
I SHALL FIGHT
our army probably can hold out for a good amount of time in a defensive position
while our other army will attack them in their capital to wipe them out.
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:01:36 AM
Every seem unanimous in the decision to retreat. So ill raise the stakes.

If you stay and fight you will die, however you will slaughter enough forces so that your opponents victory is a pyrrhic one.
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
nerdykiller
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 1:16:23 AM
At 9/27/2011 1:01:36 AM, MarquisX wrote:

If you stay and fight you will die, however you will slaughter enough forces so that your opponents victory is a pyrrhic one.

HEll yeah serious i m staying and fighting....
if i take out a hunderd man like if there was 10,000 man in my army that mean we kill 1,000,000
its worth it for ur motherland!!!
quarterexchange
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:35:07 AM
At 9/26/2011 11:53:59 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
At 9/26/2011 9:09:35 PM, quarterexchange wrote:

What about your life? Isn't it the single most important thing in the world? My life definitely is to me.

There is nothing that I would die for. I would retreat to Mexico/Canada and start a new life there.

I consider the lives and liberty of millions of my fellow countrymen to be worth more than my individual life.
I don't discriminate....I hate everybody.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 8:38:23 AM
At 9/27/2011 1:01:36 AM, MarquisX wrote:

What is the war over? Am I conscript, a mercenary or a patriotic volunteer.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
9/27/2011 12:51:02 PM
I think the answer depends on the overall battlefield strategy as to whether the tactic of retreating and regrouping is better then fighting and dying. What is the particular goal of the battle being engaged. If it's defending some vital interest to our victory staying and dying until reinforcements come or at least delaying the overtaking of that vital interest makes more sense.
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"