Jump to topic:

Are we going to hell?

thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:20:13 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
So, my friend has a fake Facebook account that she's used for trolling people for about a year. It's pretty realistic looking, it has a bunch of pictures of the same guy and everything (no idea how she got those). But anyway, we were at her house and we started flirting with this guy on facebook just as a joke (who also happens to be...extremely unintelligent). We expected him to just log off or get mad, but he went along with it....and we just kept it going and now the guy has a homosexual crush on the troll...I'm not kidding.

I feel really bad. My question is: are we both going to hell for this..or..?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:34:34 PM
When I was in high school, I had a classmate who was ... let's just say, not exactly the most intelligent person. He had a terrible attitude and despite being the most unpopular kid in the school, deluded himself into believing that he was popular. He didn't have a girlfriend in real life. A few other kids in my class started an online yahoo chat account and pretended to be a girl interested in him. They told him to come chat at odd times such as during recess etc. Everyone would all laugh at his stupidity and what he wrote. He believed he had a girlfriend and boasted to everyone about how he was getting a "girl" online. Finally we decided it was enough and revealed to him that he had no girlfriend. His world came crashing down, and he was very subdued for several weeks.

Are we going to hell?

By the way, I don't believe in the concept of "hell" so I can't really answer your original question but I do think it is a hilarious prank.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:38:03 PM
At 10/6/2011 10:34:34 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:
When I was in high school, I had a classmate who was ... let's just say, not exactly the most intelligent person. He had a terrible attitude and despite being the most unpopular kid in the school, deluded himself into believing that he was popular. He didn't have a girlfriend in real life. A few other kids in my class started an online yahoo chat account and pretended to be a girl interested in him. They told him to come chat at odd times such as during recess etc. Everyone would all laugh at his stupidity and what he wrote. He believed he had a girlfriend and boasted to everyone about how he was getting a "girl" online. Finally we decided it was enough and revealed to him that he had no girlfriend. His world came crashing down, and he was very subdued for several weeks.

Are we going to hell?

By the way, I don't believe in the concept of "hell" so I can't really answer your original question but I do think it is a hilarious prank.

Hhahahah! thats hilariously evil!!!! I guess I should have worded the question "are we bad people?" haha.

Oh , I forgot one of the worst parts, I gave him one of my male friends phone numbers to "hook up with"...and he txted it. I FEEL REALLY BAD
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:45:20 PM
At 10/6/2011 10:38:03 PM, thett3 wrote:

Are we going to hell?

Hhahahah! thats hilariously evil!!!! I guess I should have worded the question "are we bad people?" haha.

Oh , I forgot one of the worst parts, I gave him one of my male friends phone numbers to "hook up with"...and he txted it. I FEEL REALLY BAD

It depends. If you and friend usually play pranks on each other, I would say it was fair game and absolutely hilarious. I am smiling just thinking about how your friend could possibly react!
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/6/2011 10:52:44 PM
At 10/6/2011 10:45:20 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Are we going to hell?

It depends. If you and friend usually play pranks on each other, I would say it was fair game and absolutely hilarious. I am smiling just thinking about how your friend could possibly react!

But really what an awful way to discover your sexuality....

I'll tell you what he says when I see him tomorrow!
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 12:43:15 AM
Yes, you are going to hell.

Enjoy roasting on Beelzebub's grill, you sick fvcks. Maybe if the devil is extra merciful, you'll at the very least be covered in some flavorful bbq sauce.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
randolph7
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 9:32:58 AM
Going? You mean we're not already there?
"ahh but i have indeed found the burdon of truth the, muffs have found it. oh mothy dear dear mothy"
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:15:19 AM
I feel like if you have to ask, then the answer is probably yes. ;)
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 1:32:17 PM
You should probably be careful you are not driving people to kill themselves... you know...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
Jon1
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 1:51:44 PM
At 10/6/2011 10:20:13 PM, thett3 wrote:
So, my friend has a fake Facebook account that she's used for trolling people for about a year. It's pretty realistic looking, it has a bunch of pictures of the same guy and everything (no idea how she got those). But anyway, we were at her house and we started flirting with this guy on facebook just as a joke (who also happens to be...extremely unintelligent). We expected him to just log off or get mad, but he went along with it....and we just kept it going and now the guy has a homosexual crush on the troll...I'm not kidding.

The greater question, was that the right thing to do?
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 4:58:02 PM

You shouldn't be concerned with Hell. You should be more concerened with what comes around goes around. This is 100%. What you do always comes back ten fold. You will suffer greatly in the futre. The worst part is, it will come when you can least afford it and least able to deal with it emotionaly.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 5:13:26 PM
At 10/7/2011 4:58:02 PM, sadolite wrote:

You shouldn't be concerned with Hell. You should be more concerened with what comes around goes around. This is 100%. What you do always comes back ten fold. You will suffer greatly in the futre. The worst part is, it will come when you can least afford it and least able to deal with it emotionaly.

An apology is sufficient to morally rectify this wrong. The very fact that he feels bad about it is enough for him to be fine, if there is a hell, because people make mistakes. Someone who completely accidentally killed someone else would not go to hell. Likewise, if thett had no idea of the guys sexuality, and just did it for laughs, and feels bad afterwards, and apologizes, then he will be morally neutralized. Your nonsense dramatization of mythical karma is nothing but an appeal to fear.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 6:10:24 PM

Under the assumption that there is a Hell, the answer would be different based on different religions.

Christianity - No, you would not. You go to Hell based on your beliefs, not your actions.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 9:41:36 PM
No you will be punished on earth by humans.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
Rockylightning
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/7/2011 11:17:08 PM
At 10/7/2011 1:32:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
You should probably be careful you are not driving people to kill themselves... you know...

This.

But, in all seriousness, you should ease out of it. Not just tell him, and not just stop sending, he'll get suspicious.

No, you have to create a story as to why he can't send messages anymore, then close the account.
koolcat
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/9/2011 4:16:19 PM
At 10/7/2011 9:32:58 AM, randolph7 wrote:
Going? You mean we're not already there?

this
we ARE already there
has any one heard the peanut song? its very stupid but SUPER funny.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 6:29:12 AM

HOW COULD YOU DO THIS TO ME?!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Cobo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 8:01:02 PM
My 9th grade year of high school(Two years ago) we had elections for homecoming prince and princess. But many people know of these elections as a popularity test and people usually bandwagon off of one popular person. So me an a couple of my friends decided to test this theory in a WRONG WAY. We decided to get the most annoying guy in our grade and spread the word to get him elected as a prank. BUT we took the prank father. There was a head cheerleader who was also very annoying but popular in the school. We knew that the annoying guy had a crush on this annoying girl and tried to pursue it(Asking her out on a date) BUT WAS REJECTED HORRIBLY!! We also knew that the Cheerleader hated the guy with a fiery intent. SO who better to become prince and princess together?

It lead to the most awkward homecoming/homecoming dance ever.

Is my 400 strong class going to hell?
Church of the BANHAMMER GODS priest
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 8:16:37 PM

Are we going to hell?

So what happened once you told your friend?
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 8:24:02 PM
At 10/10/2011 8:16:37 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Are we going to hell?

He said many words that I don't want to repeat here....and I read the texts...they were pretty bad haha. I probably shouldnt have done that (if his conservative muslim father saw those, all hell wouldve broken loose)
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/10/2011 8:29:56 PM
At 10/10/2011 8:24:02 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 10/10/2011 8:16:37 PM, F-16_Fighting_Falcon wrote:

Are we going to hell?

He said many words that I don't want to repeat here....and I read the texts...they were pretty bad haha. I probably shouldnt have done that (if his conservative muslim father saw those, all hell wouldve broken loose)

No pun intended? :p
lotus_flower
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/12/2011 8:53:30 AM

what if he offs himself?! that's mean!
I don't believe in hell, but if it exists, you have a good chance of going. (:
"Human decency is not derived from religion. It precedes it."
- Christopher Hitchens, God Is Not Great: How Religion Poisons Everything
http://www.bbc.co.uk...