Total Posts:18|Showing Posts:1-18
Jump to topic:

Breast Cancer And The Color Pink ?

inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 8:18:02 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Some say it is a worthy cause, and some say it is all about money. In case you havent noticed, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. The color pink is the theme and it has been seen all over tv and magazine ads all around the world. Now we all know that this disease has killed thousands of men and women since its inception. And there are ways of getting treated and detected. However, there are those who say this too is becoming monetarial. It is a cash cow. A national phenomenon, but for all the wrong reasons. The NFL is even adopting the color pink, and the players can be seen with pink ribbons, and flags on their uniforms. Whatever happened to modesty. This thing use to be taken seriously, and for some it still is. But are we losing sight of what is really important and giving way to commercialism. Comments please.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 11:12:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 11:11:25 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I think it is sexist. There should be a cancer awareness week for guys.
Brown ribbons for asscancer.

Sexist ? Interesting observation and expression. Now explain. *
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 11:25:05 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 11:12:29 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 11:11:25 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I think it is sexist. There should be a cancer awareness week for guys.
Brown ribbons for asscancer.

Sexist ? Interesting observation and expression. Now explain. *

What part of browneye month don't you understand?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 11:37:09 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 11:25:05 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/24/2011 11:12:29 AM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 11:11:25 AM, Greyparrot wrote:
I think it is sexist. There should be a cancer awareness week for guys.
Brown ribbons for asscancer.

Sexist ? Interesting observation and expression. Now explain. *

What part of browneye month don't you understand?

So are we whimpering out of an intelligent conversation now. Wow, this is unlike you Mr Parrot.
drafterman
Posts: 18,870
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 12:52:26 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 8:18:02 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say it is a worthy cause, and some say it is all about money. In case you havent noticed, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. The color pink is the theme and it has been seen all over tv and magazine ads all around the world. Now we all know that this disease has killed thousands of men and women since its inception. And there are ways of getting treated and detected. However, there are those who say this too is becoming monetarial. It is a cash cow. A national phenomenon, but for all the wrong reasons. The NFL is even adopting the color pink, and the players can be seen with pink ribbons, and flags on their uniforms. Whatever happened to modesty. This thing use to be taken seriously, and for some it still is. But are we losing sight of what is really important and giving way to commercialism. Comments please.

I'm sorry. Are you arguing for LESS attention given to the ta tas?
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 1:37:35 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 12:52:26 PM, drafterman wrote:
At 10/24/2011 8:18:02 AM, inferno wrote:
Some say it is a worthy cause, and some say it is all about money. In case you havent noticed, October is National Breast Cancer Awareness month. The color pink is the theme and it has been seen all over tv and magazine ads all around the world. Now we all know that this disease has killed thousands of men and women since its inception. And there are ways of getting treated and detected. However, there are those who say this too is becoming monetarial. It is a cash cow. A national phenomenon, but for all the wrong reasons. The NFL is even adopting the color pink, and the players can be seen with pink ribbons, and flags on their uniforms. Whatever happened to modesty. This thing use to be taken seriously, and for some it still is. But are we losing sight of what is really important and giving way to commercialism. Comments please.

I'm sorry. Are you arguing for LESS attention given to the ta tas?

No. We need more, lets have more.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 1:57:56 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 1:48:12 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 1:38:06 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
I win.

No, you lose. Still waiting for intelligent response.

Paradox.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:12:01 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Clearly racist against women with purple nipples.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:17:07 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 2:12:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Clearly racist against women with purple nipples.

I this this movement is strange, but worth investigating.
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:22:48 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 2:12:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Clearly racist against women with purple nipples.

I still remember that white supremacist's 'nippletest'
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 2:31:43 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 2:22:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/24/2011 2:12:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Clearly racist against women with purple nipples.

I still remember that white supremacist's 'nippletest'

Now youve lost me.
seraine
Posts: 734
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 8:58:52 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 2:31:43 PM, inferno wrote:
At 10/24/2011 2:22:48 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
At 10/24/2011 2:12:01 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Clearly racist against women with purple nipples.

I still remember that white supremacist's 'nippletest'

Now youve lost me.

A white supremacist(many of us thought he was just a troll) named Joseph_Mengele used to frequent this site. He showed us a link to stormfront, where someone had shown a way to determine if a girl was white. If they had pink nipples, they were white; while those with brown nipples were black.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/24/2011 9:30:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:17:58 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
What about testicular cancer month? A cancer only men can get.

Would that involve blue ribbons?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
inferno
Posts: 10,689
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/25/2011 7:44:44 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/24/2011 9:30:05 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
At 10/24/2011 9:17:58 PM, Rockylightning wrote:
What about testicular cancer month? A cancer only men can get.

Would that involve blue ribbons?

No. Just pink ones only.