Total Posts:54|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

What are your fears?

GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 8:00:33 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
It would be interesting to know, for some people it is spiders or the dark, simple things as such. But I have made this thread based off a very strange dream I experienced last night. Like most dreams there was a rage of factors or themes that side tracked concentration from the most remembered or unusual episode of the dream. So I shall explain what my most remembered part of the dream was then, won't I? And to relate it to the title of this whole thing, it was actually quite scary and chilling.

It was located at my rugby club, in reality there is nothing wrong with the rugby club, but of course this being a dream, it was a entrance to a top secret underground base. It was during the night and I and a few others (not sure who) were out side of the rugby club, as we were there, aliens started to come out of the rugby club, there wasn't that many, about ten. They were the greys, but instead their skin wasn't grey, it was in fact transparent. They were taller than the usual 4 to 5 ft. And I and the others with me, begin to shoot at them with the weapons we each had.
Panic started to spread as we discovered that our fire didn't do anything to them. I remember seeing one alien being bombarded by fire and it having no effect. They seemed quite unstoppable. The aliens were firing back at us, and from what I can recall, a few if not all with me were killed. By this time I recall being ordered via radio to get away from the building. I never came too close to the aliens to begin with. But there was the sense looming that if I didn't get away quick, something not too pleasant would commence.
It felt very real in that dreamy 'I can't lucid dream' way. And so it felt quite frightening. These aliens also brought along with them a sense or present of evil that soaked firmly into the atmosphere, both in my dream and when I awoke.

But it only seemed present when I awoke because it was there prior along with the dream. To be honest, it was more of a nightmare. It woke me up around 6:40am.

So there we are. I fear nightmares, simply because I have almost no control over them.

Care to share?
JustCallMeTarzan
Posts: 1,922
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 8:14:21 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fear in my heart every day with a terrible dread that GodSands will never grasp the basics of science, religion, logic, and philosophy, and that DDO will be forever plagued with his presence.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 8:31:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 8:14:21 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
I fear in my heart every day with a terrible dread that GodSands will never grasp the basics of science, religion, logic, and philosophy, and that DDO will be forever plagued with his presence.

I feel that you have a grudge against me. I also see that you are very wrong by saying those things. No evidence at all in your favor. Well done!
Rusty
Posts: 2,109
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 8:42:03 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 8:14:21 PM, JustCallMeTarzan wrote:
I fear in my heart every day with a terrible dread that GodSands will never grasp the basics of science, religion, logic, and philosophy, and that DDO will be forever plagued with his presence.

Completely off-topic insult. You're cool, bro.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:00:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fear my own govt more than anything else. It just keeps chiseling away at my most treasured yet small personal liberties through the use of demonetization regulation and political correctness. It is unstoppable. Govt will only get bigger and more and more intrusive until it consumes the life and fun out of everything. I would have a better chance of fighting 5 UFC fighters at the same time and winning than all of the registered voters in America voting to eliminate a federal agency like the federal agency for South Carolina tourism and then have it actually eliminated.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:26:19 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

Agreed
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:27:31 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fear a lot of things. Like the fact that Obama and Rlmney will be the likely nominees for President, that so many people think it is common sense that they should be able to enforce their moral views on anyone else, that people like Sadolite and 000ike are not fringe extremists but representative of popular opinions, basically I fearthe general intellectual rubbish that is society.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
sadolite
Posts: 8,838
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:28:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

Since when do other DDO's have a conscience about offending people? 50% of all posts are personal insults calling people retards, stupid, idiots.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:30:32 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I fear that the job market for my industry will get saturated as soon as I graduate. I fear health problems afflicting the ones I love. I fear that when I do have kids, I won't be able to raise them the right way. I fear that I'll live longer than my spouse.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:31:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

I suppose your fear might be augmented by that grotesque incompetence of yours...

And oh wait, you're a human as well...What a surprise!
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:31:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
Anyway--not to be cliche, but two things--failure, and death.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:32:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
And to answer the question, I generally fear ends and harsh beginnings in life...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:33:44 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.

Hmm. I'll PM you, so's not to derail this thread.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
rogue
Posts: 2,325
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:35:40 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My biggest personal fears are that I am boring and annoying, that I will undergo lots of pain physically or psychologically, or that I will be drastically physically changed in some way.

My fears for the world itself are endless.
GodSands
Posts: 2,843
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:42:05 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:30:32 PM, Kleptin wrote:
I fear that the job market for my industry will get saturated as soon as I graduate. I fear health problems afflicting the ones I love. I fear that when I do have kids, I won't be able to raise them the right way. I fear that I'll live longer than my spouse.

I have that given I have children of my own, I too may struggle to bring them up in the right way. I'm with you there on that. I also fear being late for work, appointments and other assignments such as interviews.
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:42:41 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.

Oh yes forgot. If we don't support a popular view, we don't have respectable beliefs. I believe libertarians, anarchists, and communists are brought up as examples by you a lot. Funny how these are three of the ideologies with the most academic and systematic rationales for thei validity. But of course there not herpy derpy conservatives or liberals so what they're saying must be crazy right?
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:47:39 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.

I can only imagine the extent of how correct you think you are or how righteous you pretend to be...

It truly moves me to tears, sadly...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:48:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:42:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.

Oh yes forgot. If we don't support a popular view, we don't have respectable beliefs. I believe libertarians, anarchists, and communists are brought up as examples by you a lot. Funny how these are three of the ideologies with the most academic and systematic rationales for thei validity. But of course there not herpy derpy conservatives or liberals so what they're saying must be crazy right?

What glorified strawman, I actually found this post quite funny. I don't find your beliefs crazy as much as I find them,..well, stupid. Anarchism is the product of a warped and jaded view of the role of the state. Libertarianism and childish romanticism of the concept of rights as to suggest inadmissible and silly policies. Communism is nothing but an oppressive system. I am to respect this array of nonsense? No way in hell.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:48:55 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:42:41 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:32:20 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:19:49 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:16:53 PM, 000ike wrote:
I fear nothing other than sheer human incompetence. DDO is quite a horrifying place in that respect.

You couldn't answer that without condescending your fellow DDOers, could you?

no. I have such little respect for some of the things you people believe, I don't even know how I manage to make responses not entirely made up of insults. If I slip up and say something like this once in a while, just ignore it, I need it to feel sane in here.

Oh yes forgot. If we don't support a popular view, we don't have respectable beliefs. I believe libertarians, anarchists, and communists are brought up as examples by you a lot. Funny how these are three of the ideologies with the most academic and systematic rationales for thei validity. But of course there not herpy derpy conservatives or liberals so what they're saying must be crazy right?

What glorified strawman, I actually found this post quite funny. I don't find your beliefs crazy as much as I find them,..well, stupid. Anarchism is the product of a warped and jaded view of the role of the state. Libertarianism and childish romanticism of the concept of rights as to suggest inadmissible and silly policies. Communism is nothing but an oppressive system. I am to respect this array of nonsense? No way in hell.

And this is your opinion, correct?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:53:34 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

And this is your opinion, correct?

no. Its true.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:54:46 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:53:34 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

And this is your opinion, correct?

no. Its true.

Lol. And what makes you think your OPINIONS are the definite truth?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:57:00 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:54:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:53:34 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

And this is your opinion, correct?

no. Its true.

Lol. And what makes you think your OPINIONS are the definite truth?

You ask me if they are opinions or facts. I tell you they are facts. You override my statement, assume them to be opinions and strawman the argument to assert opinions as definite truth. Great work :p
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:57:27 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:48:55 PM, 000ike wrote:

What glorified strawman, I actually found this post quite funny. I don't find your beliefs crazy as much as I find them,..well, stupid. Anarchism is the product of a warped and jaded view of the role of the state. Libertarianism and childish romanticism of the concept of rights as to suggest inadmissible and silly policies. Communism is nothing but an oppressive system. I am to respect this array of nonsense? No way in hell.

And you accuse me of strawmanning? Anarchism is not jaded, it seeks to eliminate institutionalized coercion. If you want to form a government no one cares, just don't make me join it. The case for libertarian rights is a little more intellectually sophisticated than childish romanticism. Libertarians don't just say we believe in rights because we think they're neat or something, but are grounded in thugs such as homesteading, human nature, argumentation, and so on. On communism, I'm no communist, but your analysis is truly an oversimplification. Communists usually believe in the labor theory of value, meaning value in a commodity comes from the amount of work put in. If this is true than things such as profit off of others labor is as morally wrong as theft. Thus comes a rudimentary argument against capitalism, a system built around the profit motive. Your posts would be much more funny if you didn't represent the general ignoramus opinion on academic political philosophy.
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
reasonable75
Posts: 211
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:58:15 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
My personal fear is that on my death bed I'll be disappointed with how I lived.

For humanity, my greatest fear is that destructive bias will be our demise.
"There's a false assumption about science operating here. Science is not in principle committed to the idea that there's no after-life, or that the mind is identical to the brain, or that materialism is true. Science is completely open to whatever in fact is true." - Sam Harris

jimtimmy wrote:
"Look at me look at me look at me! I am a scary racist... trololololol. Oh noes somene is holding me to account for my sh1t."

Cerebral_Narcissist: "Cool story bro."
Kleptin
Posts: 5,095
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 9:58:58 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:35:40 PM, rogue wrote:
My biggest personal fears are that I am boring and annoying

I fear people who fear that they are boring. They usually do things I don't approve of in order to make people think otherwise, or adopt insincere personas that they perpetuate for years and years until they realize it isn't who they are.

As for annoying people, I also have the fear that I am annoying, but I shove it aside. People who wish to associate with me do so because the traits I have which others interpret as annoying, they interpret as endearing for some reason.

that I will undergo lots of pain physically or psychologically, or that I will be drastically physically changed in some way.

Now that's a fear. But how imminent is this fear and have you gone through it before? I'm guessing soon and yes.
: At 5/2/2010 2:43:54 PM, innomen wrote:
It isn't about finding a theory, philosophy or doctrine and thinking it's the answer, but a practical application of one's experiences that is the answer.

: At 10/28/2010 2:40:07 PM, jharry wrote: I have already been given the greatest Gift that anyone could ever hope for [Life], I would consider myself selfish if I expected anything more.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 10:00:55 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 9:57:00 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:54:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:53:34 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

And this is your opinion, correct?

no. Its true.

Lol. And what makes you think your OPINIONS are the definite truth?

You ask me if they are opinions or facts. I tell you they are facts. You override my statement, assume them to be opinions and strawman the argument to assert opinions as definite truth. Great work :p

The point I'm making is that it's outlandish of you to believe that YOU hold the truth, when there are schools and schools of thought dedicated to the principles; indeed, it is YOU who is dismissing these ideas as stupid, and then saying they are FACTUALLY stupid.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
10/27/2011 10:04:37 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 10/27/2011 10:00:55 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:57:00 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:54:46 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:53:34 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 10/27/2011 9:52:14 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

And this is your opinion, correct?

no. Its true.

Lol. And what makes you think your OPINIONS are the definite truth?

You ask me if they are opinions or facts. I tell you they are facts. You override my statement, assume them to be opinions and strawman the argument to assert opinions as definite truth. Great work :p

The point I'm making is that it's outlandish of you to believe that YOU hold the truth, when there are schools and schools of thought dedicated to the principles; indeed, it is YOU who is dismissing these ideas as stupid, and then saying they are FACTUALLY stupid.

All of this is amusing...Apparently, we are bolstering his arrogance, which--as demonstrated in this thread--is growing out of proportions, like a plant overgrown in a small pot or the body inflating full of.......
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau