Jump to topic:

Not that anyone should care but...

innomen
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:03:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
What's been going on in my professional life: My boss, who I've known for 24 years, and has been a mentor and a friend, went over to the dark side, our competition, this guy was the best at what he did, and will now be considered the enemy. His boss, the VP of sales in New England was fired because of that loss, and because our sales have been performing poorly over the last couple years. Then 8:30 Monday morning, the dark side called me and wanted to recruit me. I was curious so i met the guy for coffee. He blew a lot of smoke at me, telling me how wonderful i am, and how i have a reputation in the region, blah blah blah. He promised me a position leading their national team, and a very tiny increase in salary and a sign on bonus of 20K, which i found small. I told him that i would think about it, but that's really not a great package - he just assumed that i would want to be on the team of my old boss. I then decided to tell my management all about this meeting and that i would like to apply for my boss' job (our management was very interested in everything this guy had to say - they've been taking our best people lately). Then i learned that our new VP is someone i have known for a long time, and he likes me a lot. He sent me an email this morning asking why his favorite rep. in New England didn't welcome him, half heartedly. He will be the deciding factor if i get my boss' job. This would be a drastic increase in income, and responsibility, but it is a long shot, since a lot of very good people will be going for this position, but of course i also have a back up situation if i want to go to our sleazy competition, and I'm actually doing quite well ATM where i am.

Throughout all this, our storm that took the electricity out of half of New England created a situation where my mother had to move in with Carlos and I, temporarily - joy of joys.

So that's a snapshot of my last week and a half, again not that anyone would really care, but sometimes it's good to see what's going on in someone else's life.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:15:27 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:11:18 PM, badger wrote:
and what does your mammy think about you sleeping with another fella?

just outa interest! it wasn't like a poorly delivered homophobic joke or anything!
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:18:48 PM
not that to be gay is shameful or anything! damn this posting stuff is hard... see i'm just looking not to upset anyone and ye all call me a troll for it. bastards.
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:20:14 PM

I am imagining a hilarious sit com situation in which the mother is throughly ignorant of the situation and keeps setting her son up on dates or something...

Two and a not man...

Hmm maybe not...

But seriously, sounds quite interesting... when I first started reading it I thought it was going to be all bad. Good luck, hope you get the job.
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:27:20 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:20:14 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:

I am imagining a hilarious sit com situation in which the mother is throughly ignorant of the situation and keeps setting her son up on dates or something...

Two and a not man...

Hmm maybe not...

Two queers, one Mam and her son's a disgrace? lol

But seriously, sounds quite interesting... when I first started reading it I thought it was going to be all bad. Good luck, hope you get the job.

yeah, also good luck from me!
signature
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:30:17 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:28:21 PM, badger wrote:
or "a Mam" rather than "one Mam"... ahh it'd be got if it was to be got anyway :P

Two Men and a Mam...
I am voting for Innomen because of his intelligence, common sense, humility and the fact that Juggle appears to listen to him. Any other Presidential style would have a large sub-section of the site up in arms. If I was President I would destroy the site though elitism, others would let it run riot. Innomen represents a middle way that works, neither draconian nor anarchic and that is the only way things can work. Plus he does it all without ego trips.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:31:23 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:30:17 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/2/2011 3:28:21 PM, badger wrote:
or "a Mam" rather than "one Mam"... ahh it'd be got if it was to be got anyway :P

Two Men and a Mam...

well that's just not even funny...
signature
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:44:02 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:30:31 PM, badger wrote:
ragnar should get it anyway. it was a way better reference than his :P in fairness to me. lol

Reference to what? Two guys, a girl, and a Democracy isn't structured with Two and a Half men in mind.

http://www.imdb.com...

Although the only reason I know about the linked show is from having seen the commercials for it when it aired.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:48:15 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:44:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
ragnar should get it anyway. it was a way better reference than his :P in fairness to me. lol

Reference to what? Two guys, a girl, and a Democracy isn't structured with Two and a Half men in mind.

Although the only reason I know about the linked show is from having seen the commercials for it when it aired.

well i used watch two guys, a girl and pizza place anyway when i was a kid... anyone else?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:50:48 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:48:15 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/2/2011 3:44:02 PM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:

well i used watch two guys, a girl and pizza place anyway when i was a kid... anyone else?

which was also at some stage known as just "two guys and a girl"... your link doesn't work for me ragnar?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:54:21 PM

I don't think parents in general like thinking about their kids having sex... with anyone, at any age, of any gender. Even though I'm 24, I still don't like thinking about my parents getting it on, and they probably think the same about their little boy that they changed diapers on until 8 years ago.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 3:54:39 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:54:21 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:

I don't think parents in general like thinking about their kids having sex... with anyone, at any age, of any gender. Even though I'm 24, I still don't like thinking about my parents getting it on, and they probably think the same about their little boy that they changed diapers on until 8 years ago.

was that out loud?
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:02:20 PM
yeah well you've a daughter, you're obviously gonna say that. the only reason i don't walk around naked the whole time at home is because it'd probably make my mother leave my father wanting better things, the dirty bitch, and i couldn't have my cock do that to my brothers. how weird would that be... depends on the household you grow up in i'd say. i still lovingly remember the taste of my mam's box from when i was being shot out.
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:04:55 PM
would you not ever be in the next room, hear your parents going at it and then find yourself a small bit horny even?
signature
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:09:10 PM
At 11/2/2011 4:04:55 PM, badger wrote:
would you not ever be in the next room, hear your parents going at it and then find yourself a small bit horny even?

No, when I was 10, I was in my parents room and went to turn on their electric blanket, so I pulled on the cord that I thought went to the dial, but instead, on the other end was giant, wall-plug in, dildo. And of course, my mother was in the room at the same time I found this.

So no, it doesn't really turn me on in the least.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:13:50 PM
At 11/2/2011 4:09:10 PM, Ore_Ele wrote:
At 11/2/2011 4:04:55 PM, badger wrote:

No, when I was 10, I was in my parents room and went to turn on their electric blanket, so I pulled on the cord that I thought went to the dial, but instead, on the other end was giant, wall-plug in, dildo. And of course, my mother was in the room at the same time I found this.

So no, it doesn't really turn me on in the least.

well i must say your story's after turning me on a bit...
signature
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:15:38 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:03:11 PM, innomen wrote:
What's been going on in my professional life: My boss, who I've known for 24 years, and has been a mentor and a friend, went over to the dark side, our competition, this guy was the best at what he did, and will now be considered the enemy. His boss, the VP of sales in New England was fired because of that loss, and because our sales have been performing poorly over the last couple years. Then 8:30 Monday morning, the dark side called me and wanted to recruit me. I was curious so i met the guy for coffee. He blew a lot of smoke at me, telling me how wonderful i am, and how i have a reputation in the region, blah blah blah. He promised me a position leading their national team, and a very tiny increase in salary and a sign on bonus of 20K, which i found small. I told him that i would think about it, but that's really not a great package - he just assumed that i would want to be on the team of my old boss. I then decided to tell my management all about this meeting and that i would like to apply for my boss' job (our management was very interested in everything this guy had to say - they've been taking our best people lately). Then i learned that our new VP is someone i have known for a long time, and he likes me a lot. He sent me an email this morning asking why his favorite rep. in New England didn't welcome him, half heartedly. He will be the deciding factor if i get my boss' job. This would be a drastic increase in income, and responsibility, but it is a long shot, since a lot of very good people will be going for this position, but of course i also have a back up situation if i want to go to our sleazy competition, and I'm actually doing quite well ATM where i am.

Throughout all this, our storm that took the electricity out of half of New England created a situation where my mother had to move in with Carlos and I, temporarily - joy of joys.

So that's a snapshot of my last week and a half, again not that anyone would really care, but sometimes it's good to see what's going on in someone else's life.

And for a serious answer, do what is best for you and your future. More income does not equate to permanent income. The grass is not always greener on the other side. The fact that the other company is trolling for the competitions work force shows no moral character on the managements part. They would stab you in the back if it served their needs. It is unlikely that your current employer would do this.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Cerebral_Narcissist
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:19:47 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:32:39 PM, badger wrote:
or you're actually seriously trying to think of a name for a show? ammm i'd probably not watch it..

I have a meeting with the TV execs next monday.
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:23:14 PM
At 11/2/2011 4:19:47 PM, Cerebral_Narcissist wrote:
At 11/2/2011 3:32:39 PM, badger wrote:
or you're actually seriously trying to think of a name for a show? ammm i'd probably not watch it..

I have a meeting with the TV execs next monday.

well i'd give it a chance i suppose... i mean i know you and all... which isn't to say i'd be expecting anything worthwhile from you, just extending courtesies :P
signature
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:24:24 PM
At 11/2/2011 3:03:11 PM, innomen wrote:

Okay, ignoring all the rubbish responses so far, I would say from personal experience that a higher income is almost always better than the lower one. Your personal income and career goals should come before trying to work with any particular person. Add to the fact that your old boss would probably understand that you wouldn't switch over because it does take quite a bit of effort to switch over to the dark side, so you aren't really burning any bridges. If you do switch however, your present team may have hard feelings because you went over to the "dark side." When you add the fact that your salary in the current company is higher, and that you know the VP very well, if I were in your place, I would see no reason to switch over at all (unless I missed something).
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:32:11 PM
did the dude look like he was asking for advice? :P and that was some impressive ignoring of the responses you did there making reference to them...
signature
sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:33:42 PM
At 11/2/2011 4:17:42 PM, badger wrote:
At 11/2/2011 4:15:38 PM, sadolite wrote:

you strike me as someone who'd make a good gimp.

Just saying you aren't worth thought is seconds of my life I will never get back.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/2/2011 4:34:32 PM
my apologies again though innomen! but like were you planning on doing anything with this thread anyway or what? maybe it could've just done with lacking my ammm rather large presense? if so, my apologies again and then some more after that! but i must say, you'd be hurting my feelings with such feelings!
signature