Total Posts:7|Showing Posts:1-7
Jump to topic:

Dying

nerdykiller
Posts: 856
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/6/2011 2:19:35 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I am wondering what happens if I shot myself.
Would one feel pain or nothing.
Can you feel yourself dying and disappearing from this world.
Rockylightning
Posts: 2,862
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/7/2011 10:02:11 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've pondered this too. I'm not going to try it.

I've decided that either your brain will automatically freeze in the state at which your last moment was: in this case the pain of a bullet penetrating your skull...forever.

OR

that everything will go black before you know it.

but the real reason is THERE IS NO REASON TO SHOOT YOURSELF. ever.
marcuscato
Posts: 738
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 2:22:51 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/6/2011 2:19:35 AM, nerdykiller wrote:
I am wondering what happens if I shot myself.
Would one feel pain or nothing.
Can you feel yourself dying and disappearing from this world.

Shooting yourself is a horrible way of suicide, i thought of this a lot.
You would probably be in a world of pain.
Spend less time on the computer, exercise more.
If you have trouble with computer addiction seek help.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 3:01:29 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
Life ain't that bad, but if you really want to die... hurry up and get it over with.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 3:21:54 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At worst, if you survive another day there is a 1% chance things will get better even if there is a 99% chance it won't.

If you die, there is a 0% chance things will get better.

No matter how horrific things get, having a reason to live, any reason, makes you better off than the richest, most successful and popular b@stard alive who has absolutely no purpose or reason to wake up the next morning. That guy should be suicidal.
CosmicAlfonzo
Posts: 5,955
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 3:38:50 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/8/2011 3:21:54 AM, Wnope wrote:
At worst, if you survive another day there is a 1% chance things will get better even if there is a 99% chance it won't.

If you die, there is a 0% chance things will get better.

No matter how horrific things get, having a reason to live, any reason, makes you better off than the richest, most successful and popular b@stard alive who has absolutely no purpose or reason to wake up the next morning. That guy should be suicidal.

If his income is accurate...
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Wnope
Posts: 6,924
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
11/8/2011 3:40:42 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 11/8/2011 3:38:50 AM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
At 11/8/2011 3:21:54 AM, Wnope wrote:
At worst, if you survive another day there is a 1% chance things will get better even if there is a 99% chance it won't.

If you die, there is a 0% chance things will get better.

No matter how horrific things get, having a reason to live, any reason, makes you better off than the richest, most successful and popular b@stard alive who has absolutely no purpose or reason to wake up the next morning. That guy should be suicidal.

If his income is accurate...

You'd be quite surprised how complacent rich people can become about being rich. Suicide is quite popular in the highest social classes, just not as much as lower ones.