Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 9:49:06 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
http://www.manhelper.com...
This article seems like a trap to me.
Minister Of Trolling
: At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
: ...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/4/2011 9:51:57 AM
At 12/4/2011 9:49:06 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

LOL, that's funny.

TBH, I don't believe the "friend zone" exists. It's only a very well-played excuse; women fk their friends all the time.

All the time.

That's why it can be stressful to have a girlfriend, and really, I'm one of those @ssholes that can't deal with a female with a male best friend.

Nothing wrong with it; it just isn't for me.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 5:37:40 PM
At 12/4/2011 11:33:52 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

It is a trap.

I thought so [especially its last two points], any advice on how to deal with the Friend Zone?
Minister Of Trolling
: ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha!
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/5/2011 5:39:09 PM
At 12/4/2011 9:51:57 AM, Ren wrote:

LOL, that's funny.

TBH, I don't believe the "friend zone" exists. It's only a very well-played excuse; women fk their friends all the time.

All the time.

You lucky bastard, females I know won't do any such thing.

That's why it can be stressful to have a girlfriend, and really, I'm one of those @ssholes that can't deal with a female with a male best friend.

Minister Of Trolling
:
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 3:25:12 AM
Some people really do hold hard and fast to the concept of the friendzone, but it is hardly universal. Each of my relationships started off as a strong, long-term friendship. Incidentally, those that didn't work out ended up reverting to even stronger friendships.

When you think of relationship types existing as a spectrum rather than categories, it is easier to understand how people can transition between various states of interaction and emotional commitment. The closeness, intimacy, and honesty necessary for romantic love is likely already present in a friendship, just displayed in a different way or to a lesser extent. It's the same way someone starts off as a stranger, only to later become an acquaintance, friend, best friend, etc.

The important notes are to not remove the possibility of romantic feelings (i.e. avoid doing things you wouldn't do around your partner) and to recognize and take advantage of the gradual changes that often present themselves in a relationship. These often occur when someone shows a new side of themselves or isn't afraid to admit attraction to the other person, even if it is done matter-of-factly.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:33:29 AM
At 12/6/2011 3:25:12 AM, Maikuru wrote:
Some people really do hold hard and fast to the concept of the friendzone, but it is hardly universal. Each of my relationships started off as a strong, long-term friendship. Incidentally, those that didn't work out ended up reverting to even stronger friendships.

When you think of relationship types existing as a spectrum rather than categories, it is easier to understand how people can transition between various states of interaction and emotional commitment. The closeness, intimacy, and honesty necessary for romantic love is likely already present in a friendship, just displayed in a different way or to a lesser extent. It's the same way someone starts off as a stranger, only to later become an acquaintance, friend, best friend, etc.

The important notes are to not remove the possibility of romantic feelings (i.e. avoid doing things you wouldn't do around your partner) and to recognize and take advantage of the gradual changes that often present themselves in a relationship. These often occur when someone shows a new side of themselves or isn't afraid to admit attraction to the other person, even if it is done matter-of-factly.

Well I did get a date from a fiend once, but it was just that once, and it didn't end up anywhere shes dating some other guy now.
Minister Of Trolling
:
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 1:25:54 PM
At 12/6/2011 5:33:29 AM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/6/2011 3:25:12 AM, Maikuru wrote:

Well I did get a date from a fiend once, but it was just that once, and it didn't end up anywhere shes dating some other guy now.

hey, who wants to go out with a fiend, huh?
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 1:35:07 PM
At 12/4/2011 11:33:52 AM, Greyparrot wrote:

It is a trap.

do any of those movie guys have women? i think not...
signature
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 1:40:47 PM
fight club sums it all up really. fight a load of people. women just appear out of it. worrying's for losers.
signature
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:03:17 PM
At 12/4/2011 9:51:57 AM, Ren wrote:

LOL, that's funny.

All the time.

One of my guy friends is friends with mostly women. He'd fvck any of them, I'm sure (though he obviously has some preferences) but not one of them would fvck him. He is in the Friend Zone, and I'd be willing to say he has no chance whatsoever at getting out. He's also kind of a nerd, boring and physically unattractive (to be honest). However he is incredibly nice and an overall cool person to be around.

Now, if he were fun, funny and attractive, then obviously there would be potential for him to get out of the FZ. If I recall I've seen a pic of Maikuru before and he's fairly attractive (I think I'm thinking of the right person). Anyway, that probably explains his transition out of the FZ. I think the term exists because it's totally possible for males and females to just be friends and not have sex. However it's important to note that it's usually because the girl isn't interested that this is the case.

Basically, the only way out is if the girl has some capacity to be physically attracted to you. For some people it's more important than others, which also increases or decreases your chances. However ultimately they have to want to fvck you. Unlike men, (most) women - note I'm generalizing here - don't always know right away if they want to sleep with you; they will however have a general attraction toward you or not. Usually if a girl ultimately decides to get with you, it's because she was open with it to begin with. I know for sure though that a legitimate FZ does exist.

It sucks for me, because I usually have to worry about male and female best friends :P Especially straight male bf's though, for sure. My ex's best friend was a straight male. I'll admit it totes made me uncomfortable, and with good reason :P
President of DDO
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM
ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha! it was actually rather fight club-esque come to think of it lol... he hit me first though!

...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.
signature
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 4:22:36 PM
At 12/6/2011 2:21:41 PM, badger wrote:
ugly people should beat beautiful people ugly. simple! you'd be killing two birds with the one stone... women like violent men and you're making yourself more attractive, relatively. i met a blonde dude who was prettier than me not so long ago. he's not so pretty now! ha! it was actually rather fight club-esque come to think of it lol... he hit me first though!

...and well, he wasn't really prettier than me. he just had nice hair.

I lol'd so hard, and am sigging this.
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:24:24 PM
BTW: The reason I made this thread was because a female that I had asked out recently said that we should just remain friends.
Minister Of Trolling
:
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:30:12 PM

I'm surprised no one's posted this yet.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:37:36 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:30:12 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Someone needs to *que dramatic music*
Minister Of Trolling
:
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 6:45:01 PM
At 12/6/2011 6:37:36 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
At 12/6/2011 6:30:12 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

Someone needs to *que dramatic music*

Do you agree with my position on the article? My female friends have never tried to hook me up [exceptions being females I dislike], they offer horrid dating advice [guess how one gets FZ'd in the first place], and I am already comfortable enough with women.
Minister Of Trolling
:
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:38:19 AM
At 12/6/2011 6:24:24 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:
BTW: The reason I made this thread was because a female that I had asked out recently said that we should just remain friends.

To approach you and Danielle simultaneously--

I still believe that it's a well-played excuse, and here's why.

Men are less sentimental than women, and also have less control over normative sexual interaction. So, they handle situations differently, but to achieve the same ends.

So, what I mean is this.

If a woman tells you that she "just wants to be friends," it means that she thinks you're ugly, she doesn't find your personality stimulating, or she's much more interested in someone else. Of course, these are the same reasons why a man would reject a woman. However, when a man rejects a woman, he's more on that "no thank you" tip, because most straight men can't deal with being around women for too long.

Why? Because we're men; we dont' relate. Of couse, inasmuch as there are straight girls out there that love sports, eating junk food, playing videogames, and sitting in their own stink, let's face it -- those aren't the hottest, generally speaking, and they remain rare. Similarly, there are men that are very sensitive, love shopping, enjoy spending an inordinate amount of time on hygiene or ornamentalism, and relentlessly watch their weight or appearance, while otherwise splurging on sweets. Generally speaking, though, they are not the hottest, and they are quite rare.

So, just as it's pretty unlikely that an attractive girl can be "one of the guys" (unless she's a hoe that will sleep with a few or all of them)--and generally, she'd be one of the guys because she's not attractive. Likewise, it's pretty unlikely that an attractive guy will be "one of the girls"--it's almost impossible, in fact, because women are catty and if two or more actually like you, they will devour each other before your eyes.

So, then why do men seem to have a friend zone while women don't?

Easy. Women feel bad. They think you're nice, or sweet, or interesting in ways that aren't stimulating, and don't just want to tell you that you're completely unattractive to them so you can cry yourself to sleep, as they imagine it. Instead, they say that they "just want to be friends," so you can feel at least half loved, with no chance of vajay.

More evidence lay in who women treat you when they do like you. Usually, they'll introduce you, but otherwise keep their friends separate; they'll pay too much attention to you; and questions regarding "liking" or "wanting" never come up. Why? Because you guys will flirt, and eventually fk. There's no room for any zone at all.

So, Koopin, if you're friends with a lot of girls, they either equate you with a pet-like entity (see: Teddy Bear or Puppy), they're gay, or they think you're gay. If you have a large wang, take that out. You'll see the friend zone all but disappear for any of your "friends" that haven't gotten any in a while, guaranteed.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:41:19 AM
Oh, yeah, forgot to bring it all together.

To bring it all together, this draws distinctions between guys that are "one of the girls" and guys that are "just friends."

For example, those "best friends," "friends all my life," or "just friends," although he doesn't hang out with her girlfriends, are actually what a wise man once called "A dick in a glass."

Truth.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 11:48:19 AM
I think the main point I'm making here is that this "friend zone" suggests that you had a sincere chance for the poocie, but you "lost" that chance because you somehow ended up in the "friend zone."

Vagina is like weather. You don't really know when it's coming, you don't know what it'll be like, and you can't do anything about it.

If you're in the friend zone, your chance for the p-sauce when you laid eyes on the girl was 0.
SuperRobotWars
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/9/2011 6:23:35 PM
At 12/9/2011 11:48:19 AM, Ren wrote:
I think the main point I'm making here is that this "friend zone" suggests that you had a sincere chance for the poocie, but you "lost" that chance because you somehow ended up in the "friend zone."

Vagina is like weather. You don't really know when it's coming, you don't know what it'll be like, and you can't do anything about it.

If you're in the friend zone, your chance for the p-sauce when you laid eyes on the girl was 0.

So now you are agreeing with the existence of the friend zone?
Minister Of Trolling
:
badger
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/10/2011 6:20:23 AM
At 12/9/2011 6:23:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

seems about right? dude's funny...
signature
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 1:28:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 12/9/2011 6:23:35 PM, SuperRobotWars wrote:

Wat?

Item one: My issue with the "friend zone" is that it suggests someone had a chance at getting some, and lost it, thereby ending up in the "friend zone."

Item two: If you're in some perceived "friend zone" (or, in other words, if you're just a girl's friend), that is because you never had any chance of having sex with her.

Logical conclusion: Rather than being placed in some sort of "zone" following rejection, you are actually an unfit candidate for intercourse by the girl in question. She isn't placing you anywhere, she's making a rational decision based on her preferences and reasoning, and will not change her mind unless given a very good reason, which she is very unlikely to get.

Entiende?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/11/2011 1:33:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Like, c'mon, if there's a friend zone for girls, there's a friend zone for everyone. I guess this means that we're all in each other's friend zone. How did you end up there? Does it mean if you get lost, could one or more of you end up wandering into my lair of lust?

I mean, a "friend zone" also suggests that you have something like 10 minutes for your one and only chance to sleep with any girl you ever meet. That's silly. You'll just know someone for years, then end up waking up next to them with your wtf face on and a wine hangover the day after some Christmas.