Total Posts:2|Showing Posts:1-2
Jump to topic:

It's nice to know what your dealing with.

sadolite
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 12:25:45 AM
Posted: 5 years ago
I've been visiting this site for 3 years now and I am sure that could be debated. It's interesting to get in a forum discussion and battle the views at hand. I find it more fascinating than debating. You get the essence of the person your are engaging. You can almost picture them sitting there at times. I like many are passionate about our views some are more reserved. Some try to look at every single detail and never get to the big picture. While some dart and dance all over the place, changing the subject every other post and never getting to the big picture.

What is the big picture? What is it that we can all agree, no let me rephrase that, what is it that we can all tolerate equally. We have these endless debates about religion, in particular Christianity. What is it about Christianity that has prevented anyone from doing anything? Don't answer that question. What is it about secularism that has prevented you from doing anything? Don't answer that question either. What are you are currently being prevented from doing right now. And what is preventing it. I do want you to answer this. And don't generalize. Who or what is directly at fault from preventing you from doing what you want right now.

I'll answer it for you, I am. Not god, I am along with millions of other people. There are things that I am prevented from doing. You know who is responsible? You are, along with millions of other people.

You can't separate your thoughts from your essence. The conflict that I see about most social issues revolves around this. The secular side looks at everything from a clinical, antiseptic, litigious perspective, challenging everything that it can, if for no other reason that to just challenge it because it is there, Kinda like a climber and a mountain. It's like there can be no end to trying to please everyone all of the time.

The faith based point of view seems to look at things in a black and white perspective. There is right and there is wrong, there is good and there is evil, there is good and there is bad.

I personally relate to the later. I bring my children up teaching the same things. I don't allow my child to question and challenge everything. Is that bad? I prevent my children from doing so many things the ACLU could have a field day with me.

All to often everything breaks down into it's you against me them against us. We as a nation have lost the common goal, We have nothing in common with each other. We have been turned into a bunch of mini cultures. There is No culture. Every Single thing that has anything to do with this nations history and culture has been vilified and trivialized. Every holiday is offensive. They all have been viewed as inappropriate and something that should be toned down and rewritten to appeases some group of people.

The way I see it, all the social issues and policies put into place to solve social issues in the last thirty years hasn't improved anything in social relations but only made them worse. We are as divided as we were before the civil rights act. Only it's not racial anymore, it's ideological. I am afraid there is no peace of legislation that can be written to solve this dilemma.

There is nothing I would want to compromise on with my ideological opponent. I want to restore things that once were or get rid of new things that don't work. My ideological opponent wants to change everything it can to erase all vestiges of what once was or increase and expand what it has already changed that I want to get rid of.

I see no common ground not now not ever. We will divide as a nation and choose sides. I used to believe in that phrase "Don't bet against America" but from what I read in the forums, I'm tending ever closer to making that bet. Maybe most of it is rhetoric and I'm reading to much into it, It's the forums, people say things without thinking them threw.
It's not your views that divide us, it's what you think my views should be that divides us.

If you think I will give up my rights and forsake social etiquette to make you "FEEL" better you are sadly mistaken

If liberal democrats would just stop shooting people gun violence would drop by 90%
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/6/2011 5:07:38 PM
Posted: 5 years ago
At 12/6/2011 12:25:45 AM, sadolite wrote:
I am afraid there is no peace of legislation that can be written to solve this dilemma.

I disagree with you here. By forcing so many people to adhere to a certain group of guidelines, obviously there is going to be dispute about what those guidelines are. If we abolished current federal laws, giving states and/or cities more power, it would solve a lot of problems. The only thing we probably need to be "United" on is defense (though of course different citystates would approach this in various ways).
President of DDO