Total Posts:17|Showing Posts:1-17
Jump to topic:

Life sucks then you die... or your dog does.

WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 4:58:47 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
My dog just died around 2:35 today and I had to go to cantor practice at 3:00. He was fourteen. And now I'm pissed off and depressed. Rigor motis set in already...
bluesteel
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 10:19:45 PM
That sucks. Sorry :/
You can't reason someone out of a position they didn't reason themselves into - Jonathan Swift (paraphrase)
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/18/2011 11:27:25 PM
Your dog will live on... in your heart.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 3:43:22 PM
At 12/18/2011 10:35:41 PM, WriterSelbe wrote:
It didn't really set in until I saw my older brother cry. He never cries.. so that sort of makes it a reality.

I know exactly what you mean. We had a dog that we get when I was really little. She was part of our family almost my whole life. Than when she was about 9 when we had to give her away. It was really sad, but I only got tears in my eyes when I saw my brother crying.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 3:51:15 PM
My first dog died when I was 12 years old (the dog was 15 1/2). I remember towards the end she was really tired and didn't like to move much, just lay in one spot. I use to pour Surge (the pre-cursor to Mountian Dew) into her water bowl, thinking that it would give her energy. She died a few weeks later, and for the longest time, I thought it was my fault.
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 4:13:19 PM
^ I have a doggie guilt trip story too. When I was a teen, I had a black lab who had seirures and lymes disease, and this terrible skin condition that doctors couldn't find a solution for. My parents went and got her put down and they didn't tell me about it. I guess they were trying to protect me from it but it just made me angry & extremely guilty that i wasn't there for my dog in her last moments.

It's still sad to think about but life moves on.

Your doggie will be in your heart and memories forever. Just remember that you gave it love and a good home and that is more important than the impending death that every living thing faces eventually.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ore_Ele
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 4:43:02 PM
My doggie is currently in a box in a drawer at my parents house (after 12 years, they still have her).
"Wanting Red Rhino Pill to have gender"
WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/19/2011 8:57:09 PM
At 12/19/2011 4:13:19 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
^ I have a doggie guilt trip story too. When I was a teen, I had a black lab who had seirures and lymes disease, and this terrible skin condition that doctors couldn't find a solution for. My parents went and got her put down and they didn't tell me about it. I guess they were trying to protect me from it but it just made me angry & extremely guilty that i wasn't there for my dog in her last moments.

It's still sad to think about but life moves on.

Your doggie will be in your heart and memories forever. Just remember that you gave it love and a good home and that is more important than the impending death that every living thing faces eventually.

Same thing happened with out last dog. I was younger and wasn't as close with her, but my brother was the closest with that dog too. He was really mad because they took her to get put down while he was at school. The dog that just died slept with him every night in his bed before he moved out and went to college.
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 11:02:45 AM
I had to put my dog down on Christmas Eve two years ago. It was one of the absolute saddest moments of my life and I bawled like a baby for days. I was upset for months, and still get sad thinking about it from time to time. She was a really special and super smart German Shepard. I got her the same day as I did my other dog (half Yellow Lab, half Golden Retriever). He is still alive but aging more and more every day. He's 12 now, and I'm not looking forward to watching him become older and weaker. Anyway, I'm really sorry to hear about your dog. He/She will definitely live on in your heart and memories. Be thankful for the time you got to spend with them. I'm sure they were grateful too :)
President of DDO
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/20/2011 4:33:33 PM
I could tell you to be zen about the whole thing; that all things die or offer some anecdote about my own losses over the years... But I'd rather just offer my condolences and let you grieve in your own way. Sorry for your loss.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Mirza
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
12/21/2011 8:17:02 PM
I once had a lovely teacher who had a dog for a very long time. I had shown up at school a random day six years ago, and she looked very, very sad. It happened that her dog died.

My mother would often say that one of the good reasons not to have pets is that you avoid all the pain that comes once they leave you.