Total Posts:16|Showing Posts:1-16
Jump to topic:

shud you go in a relationship in your teens??

Lasagna
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 9:33:09 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 1/13/2012 7:47:43 AM, THEjinxxedme wrote:
help?? like seriously i am 14 and dont really know wether i should or not?

can some of you suggest???

Well do you want to learn the easy way or the hard way?
Rob
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 9:46:08 AM
At 1/13/2012 9:33:09 AM, Lasagna wrote:

Well do you want to learn the easy way or the hard way?

Lmao. I've chosen the easy way since elementary school...
StephyeeLove
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 11:45:33 AM
I think it just depends. In my,opinion you should but not if you are 14. Wait for a year or two. I think dating is fine as long as you don't date someone who's 20 or something. As long as it isnt illegal haha! I think relationships are a part of life, and help you find out what you are looking for in a person. But, I would wait until I was 15 or 16 to avoid relationships that end for little things.
Yes, "Love" is actually my middle name.
Today's problems won't matter tomorrow! :)
devinni01841
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 12:08:15 PM
I think it's just a matter of whether or not YOU think you should...
There is nothing more bad-@ss than being yourself.

I solemnly swear I am up to no good.

Member of the Texas Army National Guard since 20111212

An Armed society is a polite society.
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 3:04:36 PM
It's really up to you. I personally think 14 is still too young to be worrying about such things, but if you think you can handle it then I'd say go for it I suppose.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/13/2012 7:51:49 PM

I started dating at 14, with the same guy now, happy as can be together.

it depends on the reasons for dating, do you wanna date just to date, or do you actually feel something on an emotional/spiritual level for someone?

every person is different.
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave
brian_eggleston
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/14/2012 4:55:20 PM
At 1/14/2012 4:46:51 PM, RoyLatham wrote:
I am old, but once I was young. 14 is too young for a serious relationship. Enjoy non-serious socializing instead.

I am old too, but like Roy, I was also 14 and very interested in girls at that age. But it's way too early to get into a relationship - I didn't think so at the time but learnt from bitter experience.
Visit the burglars' bulletin board: http://www.break-in-news.com...
Phoenix_Reaper
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:09:08 AM
Speaking from a 19 year old perspective I have both sides I can tell you.

Not dating in your teens.

Pros;

No drama in school. This is a critical one. School is there to teach you not a relationship factory.

More focused on what you need to / want to do. Excluding friends the time to yourself can be used more for yourself at a young age which is invaluable later.

Observation. When you walk in the halls in ( I think your middle school ) notice all the "relationships" in those hallways? You don't even need to know the people just notice how long it lasts. How simple things will create drama. How much gossip spreads after a "relationship" ends.

High chance of being destroyed early on. By this I mean that you are young and when most teens fall in "love" they thing it is undying. If and when it does fall apart it can severely hurt you at that moment and if it is bad enough the rest of your life.

Cons;

Lack of experience. How to talk to the opposite sex, how to act around them, and also how to get along with other families of strangers. Dating in a teenage world is not about a relationship more about playing the game and seeing what you like in a partner.

Possible for a good relationship to last.

---

Sadly I can't think of more cons due to myself picking to not date while in school.
Phoenix Reaper - To rise from the ashes of defeat and claim your soul.

: At 3/15/2011 4:23:07 PM, J.Kenyon wrote:
: Taste is for pussïes. Be a nihilist. Drink vodka.
leah12
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 2:09:43 PM
At 1/26/2012 9:09:08 AM, Phoenix_Reaper wrote:
Speaking from a 19 year old perspective I have both sides I can tell you.

Not dating in your teens.

Pros;

No drama in school. This is a critical one. School is there to teach you not a relationship factory.

More focused on what you need to / want to do. Excluding friends the time to yourself can be used more for yourself at a young age which is invaluable later.

Observation. When you walk in the halls in ( I think your middle school ) notice all the "relationships" in those hallways? You don't even need to know the people just notice how long it lasts. How simple things will create drama. How much gossip spreads after a "relationship" ends.

High chance of being destroyed early on. By this I mean that you are young and when most teens fall in "love" they thing it is undying. If and when it does fall apart it can severely hurt you at that moment and if it is bad enough the rest of your life.

Cons;

Lack of experience. How to talk to the opposite sex, how to act around them, and also how to get along with other families of strangers. Dating in a teenage world is not about a relationship more about playing the game and seeing what you like in a partner.

Possible for a good relationship to last.

---

Sadly I can't think of more cons due to myself picking to not date while in school.

i dont think "lack of experiance talking to the opposite sex" is a good reason i don date and dont plan on any time soon but have several close male friends who i talk to alot
Merry Christmas!
MarquisX
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 5:36:01 PM
I don't think its too young. Just remember a couple of rules

Rule 1: You're an idiot. I don't mean that as an insult but at 14, you're very inexperienced at life, especially when it comes to love. Hell I'm 21 and I'm still an idiot.

Rule 2: You're probably going to hate your first few bfs( I'm assuming you're female)

Rule 3: What can go wrong, will. Be prepared. Be protected. Don't end up on 16 and pregnant.

And Rule 4: Don't get pregnant just to get on 16 and pregnant
Sophisticated ignorance, write my curses in cursive
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 6:01:28 PM
Yes, date early. It's best to get all that crippling misery that comes with a failed relationship as soon as you can. Monkeying your way out of that pain will make you a more stable person. Or it will turn you into the worst type of self obsessed ball of misery and delusion.

Then again, when it came to love, I took it very seriously. I was the type who would have married any girl I went out with for more than a month. Very obsessive I was.

But I learned more about life, love, and myself in those long stretches of agony than probably anytime in my life. It was a great cleansing.

Then again, maybe you'll get lucky and never have to deal with heart shattering.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
rogue
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 10:29:57 PM

I think relationships in high school are important. It is a time when relationships aren't that serious but you can learn from the mistakes you make then and not make them when it really counts.
Marauder
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/28/2012 11:13:13 PM
wait until two in the way of dating are out of your way.

1) being able to drive yourself around. if you date while you still have a learners, your parents pretty much are coming with you on your dates, and that's embarrassing.

2) having a job. dating takes cash no matter how cheaply you try to get away with doing it. but if your trying to go about it cheaply what fun is that? Half the joy of dating is the elaborate romantic things you set up for your woman that probably will cost some money. if you start dating before you have a job anything you do that requires money will depend on a income source not fully controlled by you so what you do with it will not be all your choice at your total wimsy

both of those are control issues, be able to transport yourself and fund yourself and that puts it all totally in your own hands after that.
One act of Rebellion created all the darkness and evil in the world; One life of Total Obedience created a path back to eternity and God.

A Scout is Obedient.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/29/2012 9:11:03 AM
At 1/28/2012 10:29:57 PM, rogue wrote:

I think relationships in high school are important. It is a time when relationships aren't that serious but you can learn from the mistakes you make then and not make them when it really counts.

Eh, I know quite a few people in my High School that are parents now from High School dating.....so saying its not that serious, can be a major understatement.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-