Jump to topic:

Old Self

InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 2:48:30 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
If you were able to meet your old self would you? How would you react? Would you be shocked due to being such a different person today physically, mentally, and ideologically? Would you be indifferent? Somewhere in between?
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 3:04:53 PM
At 1/21/2012 2:57:13 PM, UnStupendousMan wrote:
How old? Anyway, I wouldn't.

It doesn't really matter, it's a pretty general question. It might be easier for the older crowd to answer though.

As for me, I think I'd be pretty shocked at my old self considering I have shifted so much ideologically. For one, I was a communist when I was about 16.
TUF
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 4:20:04 PM
I think i have definitely changed alot. I don't think I would have ever imagined myself going to college, having a job, or an apartment, or even a loving girlfriend to sleep with every night. I am glad things turned out the way they have in my life though.
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 6:02:56 PM
At 1/21/2012 2:48:30 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
If you were able to meet your old self would you?

Yes.

How would you react?

Myself in the past? I would probably be extremely curious and have a lot of questions.

Would you be shocked due to being such a different person today physically, mentally, and ideologically? Would you be indifferent? Somewhere in between?

I would be shocked. I think I've done a complete 180 physically, mentally, and ideologically, especially since high school. Even just a couple years ago.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 10:58:57 PM
I would enjoy seeing myself as a small child, that would be interesting. But until pretty recently, I was little more than a massive bigot and a loser so I would have no interest in revisiting those times..
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
vmpire321
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/21/2012 11:22:14 PM
At 1/21/2012 6:02:56 PM, nonentity wrote:

Yes.

How would you react?

Myself in the past? I would probably be extremely curious and have a lot of questions.

Would you be shocked due to being such a different person today physically, mentally, and ideologically? Would you be indifferent? Somewhere in between?

I would be shocked. I think I've done a complete 180 physically, mentally, and ideologically, especially since high school. Even just a couple years ago.

wait...I thought you left? :O?
Maikuru
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 1:20:41 AM
If you were able to meet your old self would you? How would you react? Would you be shocked due to being such a different person today physically, mentally, and ideologically? Would you be indifferent? Somewhere in between?

Of course I would meet him. I'd tell him all the mistakes, regrets, and missed opportunities he can expect in the coming years. I'd then watch my current self slowly disappear, a la Back to the Future 2, as my timeline erases from existence.
"You assume I wouldn't want to burn this whole place to the ground."
- lamerde

https://i.imgflip.com...
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 12:52:59 PM

I might, but I do not like revisiting my past self since I now view myself as overly prideful and pretentious in those days. I would be curious to see how I was like as a little child since most of my memories of my infancy--and early adolescence have faded and dissipated. And as for my reaction?--perhaps surprise at how different we are, perhaps. Some elements may be unchanged--such as passion for medicine, since I remember talking about being a doctor and promising to my mother that I would be one.

Oh, and by the way, thanks for a good topic for my personal essay due this Wednesday.:)
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 12:58:46 PM
If you have sex with your past self, is it considered gay sex(possible incest?), or masturbation?
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/22/2012 5:47:25 PM
At 1/22/2012 12:58:46 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
If you have sex with your past self, is it considered gay sex(possible incest?), or masturbation?

-.-

........Really?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
InsertNameHere
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 3:18:57 AM
At 1/21/2012 11:22:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:
At 1/21/2012 6:02:56 PM, nonentity wrote:

Yes.

How would you react?

I did for a bit, lol.
nonentity
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 11:16:05 AM
At 1/21/2012 11:22:14 PM, vmpire321 wrote:

I came back because of a misunderstanding in the thread I created about jim. I stayed because I had a bunch of pm's to respond to... I think I've responded to the last one so I may not be back.
lovelife
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 10:01:47 AM

Don't wanna be depressing but it's been running through my mind for a while. Ages 11-14, if I met myself I would be like that song by pink "conversations with my 13 year old self", but odds are, based on the title and amount of people that relate to it on those videos, that that's a rather common response.

It's really sad cause I know that I shouldn't have been so depressed during that time because I was so close to being happy and finding what I needed to find, but also so very close to giving up to suicide.

However, if I could meet the 5 year old me I would be shocked at how extremely different I was, and tell myself to never turn bitter in the first place and to never stop smiling and laughing. Never stop being myself, and never let the darkness rule my life. To always believe in the best of people and to never turn out the way I have so far.

(okay so I'm just depressing atm, sorry)
Without Royal there is a hole inside of me, I have no choice but to leave