Jump to topic:

Bi-sexuality with women vs men

darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:28:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I belief that you are born gay and bi-sexual, however I can't help but notice that I have met many females who after a bad break up or experience with men gone to dating women. These women never expressed interest in other females before and would almost always go back to men shortly after. This lead me to wonder why females do this what appears to be often and I have not met one male who has ever done this. I know society is generally more excepting of bi-sexual girls but is that the only other reason or do you feel that women who show more awareness of each others sexuality in the first place just have a natural deposition to bi-sexuality?
Dream as if you'll live forever, live as if you'll die today."
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:32:58 PM
As a bisexual guy, I've noticed this too, that the B community has a lot of females that after a bad breakup with a guy claim to be bisexual. However, there are a lot of genuine bisexuals too.

PS: When I saw the subject line in the forums, I said "Ooh, hellooo," a la George Takei.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:37:41 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:32:58 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
As a bisexual guy, I've noticed this too, that the B community has a lot of females that after a bad breakup with a guy claim to be bisexual. However, there are a lot of genuine bisexuals too.

PS: When I saw the subject line in the forums, I said "Ooh, hellooo," a la George Takei.

Lmao that funny! Well I'm straight but have several of gay and bi-sexual relatives and friends so I just I wondered if it's because of society or if it's just more common in women. Also I do know there are real one I wasn't trying to imply that all women just pretend sorry if it came off like that to anyone.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:39:19 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:37:41 PM, darkman1015 wrote:

Lmao that funny! Well I'm straight but have several of gay and bi-sexual relatives and friends so I just I wondered if it's because of society or if it's just more common in women. Also I do know there are real one I wasn't trying to imply that all women just pretend sorry if it came off like that to anyone.

I dunno. I'd like to think it's much more of a societally driven thing. Among us young people today, being bi is the new flavor of the day.

darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:44:51 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:38:47 PM, InsertNameHere wrote:
I personally haven't really noticed this. Then again all my friends are straight except for one.

fair enough I just noticed it in highschool and now even in college alot of girls do it for and guys just don't as far as I've seen but if someone doesn't see it I'd like to hear that to I only have a small subject pool.
darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:48:20 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:39:19 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 1/23/2012 8:37:41 PM, darkman1015 wrote:

I dunno. I'd like to think it's much more of a societally driven thing. Among us young people today, being bi is the new flavor of the day.

Ok I can see that, I know one guy who acts like he is because he says it helps him score with girls but he doesn't ever actually sleep with guys(not sure i believe him but i don't really care lol). I just think you should be true to yourself and if your bi thats fune but you shouldn't act like you are just to be cool cause that seems like lying to yourself. like the suburban kids who play gangster and act "black"(hate that term i don't know how you act a race) it's not you than don't pretend to be it.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:51:21 PM
somehow, the stigma against bisexuals is so strong among men, that's it's better If your either gay or straight. It's weird. Like even dudes who homosexual friends and are for gay marriage will joke with their straight friends about one of them being a homosexual. It's a stigma to be called a homosexual, unless your actually a homsexual. Even If you do have bisexual tendencies, you just pick a side and stick with it.

Not sure what girls think about bisexual, but when I guy hears bisexual, all he thinks is "sweet, threesome"
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 8:55:49 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:51:21 PM, darkkermit wrote:
somehow, the stigma against bisexuals is so strong among men, that's it's better If your either gay or straight. It's weird. Like even dudes who homosexual friends and are for gay marriage will joke with their straight friends about one of them being a homosexual. It's a stigma to be called a homosexual, unless your actually a homsexual. Even If you do have bisexual tendencies, you just pick a side and stick with it.

Not sure what girls think about bisexual, but when I guy hears bisexual, all he thinks is "sweet, threesome"

Lol true a threesome does come to mind I've had a couple bi-girlfriends and wondered bout that as an option myself, and i haven't noticed the stigma as strong as you i guess but that's a good point then to why they would hide it, but why is it worse to be bi than homosexual?
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:00:34 PM

I refuse to pick a side. I'm Switzerland and proud of it.

That said, I never understood LGBTQPA+ pride, anyway.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:01:30 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:55:49 PM, darkman1015 wrote:

Lol true a threesome does come to mind I've had a couple bi-girlfriends and wondered bout that as an option myself, and i haven't noticed the stigma as strong as you i guess but that's a good point then to why they would hide it, but why is it worse to be bi than homosexual?

Cause people will make fun of you for being a homosexual, unless your actually a homosexual. Weird but true. Oh, and then girls won't trust you to feel their boobs (if your gay you can do that) and wouldn't feel comfortable dating a man that has slept with other men.
Open borders debate:
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:04:35 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:01:30 PM, darkkermit wrote:

Cause people will make fun of you for being a homosexual, unless your actually a homosexual. Weird but true. Oh, and then girls won't trust you to feel their boobs (if your gay you can do that) and wouldn't feel comfortable dating a man that has slept with other men.

This reminds me.

You know what the best time is to tell a male friend you're bisexual? When you've just slapped their @ss at a sporting event.

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:05:46 PM
My advice to bisexual men is just to tell women you're going after that you're straight and men you're going after that you're gay. Keep the two worlds separate. It's tough for a bisexual male since women rarely want a bisexual boyfriend, and the gay community is not overly accepting of bisexuals. I do have to question DN - you said in an earlier thread you weren't sexually attracted to women (only romantically) and in my book that puts you as gay. I'm sorry to do this since I know it's a sensitive topic but it what it is.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:08:29 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:05:46 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
My advice to bisexual men is just to tell women you're going after that you're straight and men you're going after that you're gay. Keep the two worlds separate. It's tough for a bisexual male since women rarely want a bisexual boyfriend, and the gay community is not overly accepting of bisexuals. I do have to question DN - you said in an earlier thread you weren't sexually attracted to women (only romantically) and in my book that puts you as gay. I'm sorry to do this since I know it's a sensitive topic but it what it is.

"Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes." - American Psychological Institute

darkman1015
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:08:53 PM

lol ok never thought of that boob part but fair enough
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:09:27 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:08:29 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

"Sexual orientation refers to an enduring pattern of emotional, romantic, and/or sexual attractions to men, women, or both sexes." - American Psychological Institute

But more importantly, it's really how you identify. I really need to stop saying bisexual and just saying "I'm attracted to both sexes."

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:10:29 PM
*Association

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:11:19 PM

Cite whatever definition you want to justify your point - it won't change the fact that you can't have a successful real relationship with a woman.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:17:53 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:11:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Cite whatever definition you want to justify your point - it won't change the fact that you can't have a successful real relationship with a woman.

But then I also won't have a successful relationship with a man either. I know I said romantic is there, but in all reality, it's more of that lusty romantic where you think you like THEM, but you really just want to fvck them. In other words: I'm screwed.

http://myfacewhen.com...

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:19:06 PM
Now I'm sad.

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:21:34 PM
At 1/23/2012 8:28:42 PM, darkman1015 wrote:
I belief that you are born gay and bi-sexual, however I can't help but notice that I have met many females who after a bad break up or experience with men gone to dating women. These women never expressed interest in other females before and would almost always go back to men shortly after. This lead me to wonder why females do this what appears to be often and I have not met one male who has ever done this. I know society is generally more excepting of bi-sexual girls but is that the only other reason or do you feel that women who show more awareness of each others sexuality in the first place just have a natural deposition to bi-sexuality?

An aversion to homosexuality with males is so deep rooted in our culture. "Real" men are never vulnerable - they are never the receiving partner. There's no similar cultural barrier against women who are expected and allowed to be vulnerable. However, I could imagine a more butch female would be subject to more difficulties. Bisexuality in men is a big question mark because many gay men use it as sort of a transition. For a long time there were serious doubts about whether bisexual men even existed, but scientific studies have only recently confirmed it. Additionally, so much of the GLBT movement is focused on gays and lesbians and bisexuals have really been on the outskirts.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:23:24 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:17:53 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 1/23/2012 9:11:19 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

But then I also won't have a successful relationship with a man either. I know I said romantic is there, but in all reality, it's more of that lusty romantic where you think you like THEM, but you really just want to fvck them. In other words: I'm screwed.

Is that a sign of defect, or...?

OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:24:41 PM

Why couldn't you have a successful relationship with a man? If you're fine getting down with a girl as well as a man then that's "bi" enough for my definition. What you described above is typical for straight guys so I reverse my earlier opinion. At first I thought you only wanted to romance girls and not touch them in their no-no places.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:26:43 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:24:41 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

Why couldn't you have a successful relationship with a man? If you're fine getting down with a girl as well as a man then that's "bi" enough for my definition. What you described above is typical for straight guys so I reverse my earlier opinion. At first I thought you only wanted to romance girls and not touch them in their no-no places.

That is what I meant. I meant that I'm romantically and emotionally and mentally etc. attracted to women but not sexually, and sexually attracted to men, but not emotionally or romantically.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:27:23 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:08:53 PM, darkman1015 wrote:

lol ok never thought of that boob part but fair enough

I have gay friends who have played with other girls boobs and grinded with other girls. I call bull, they are at least 10% straight.
Open borders debate:
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:30:08 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:26:43 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

That is what I meant. I meant that I'm romantically and emotionally and mentally etc. attracted to women but not sexually, and sexually attracted to men, but not emotionally or romantically.

I knew it. I'm sorry, but at the end of the day you're not just falling in love with a mind. You're falling in love with a real flesh and blood person who you need to satisfy your desires. I really think 'gay' is the appropriate word at this point, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would advise you talking to Innomen over PM, he's been a great resource in the past.
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:33:15 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:30:08 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:

I knew it. I'm sorry, but at the end of the day you're not just falling in love with a mind. You're falling in love with a real flesh and blood person who you need to satisfy your desires. I really think 'gay' is the appropriate word at this point, and there's nothing wrong with that. I would advise you talking to Innomen over PM, he's been a great resource in the past.

It's odd that I can be attracted to men and accept that, but I'm absolutely terrified to let go the possibility of being with a woman in a relationship.

darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:37:45 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:33:15 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:

It's odd that I can be attracted to men and accept that, but I'm absolutely terrified to let go the possibility of being with a woman in a relationship.

There's friendship you know. You can always be good friends with a girl.
Open borders debate:
DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:38:35 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:37:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:

That isn't romance though.

DetectableNinja
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/23/2012 9:39:17 PM
At 1/23/2012 9:37:45 PM, darkkermit wrote:

I'm actually really good friends with a lot of girls.