Jump to topic:

Are you a furry?

DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 11:57:07 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Are there any fellow furries on this site? If so, come on in and tell what you be. Don't be ashamed, be proud of who you are. Besides were all friends here. Oh and if your curious on what a furry is just ask me. And please if you visit this, don't bash it. If you don't like it, now is a good time to get out.
Me I am a Timber wolf with awesome skaters hair.
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 12:57:46 PM
lmao.

if you are being serious, what is the appeal of furries? is it the cuteness factor? the anonymous factor? the big creepy blank stares?

don't those huge costumes get in the way....?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 1:04:05 PM
At 1/25/2012 12:57:46 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
lmao.

if you are being serious, what is the appeal of furries? is it the cuteness factor? the anonymous factor? the big creepy blank stares?

^^^ word for word.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 1:18:32 PM
I'm not a furry, but you don't see me being a d1ck about it.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 1:38:41 PM
At 1/25/2012 1:18:32 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

O.o feeling a bit self righteous there?

being a d!ck would be more like bashing furries without engaging the person about their viewpoints. being curious about someones interests is not being a d!ck. asking questions leads to understanding...
Buckethead31594
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 2:01:02 PM
Forsworn?
"By all means, marry. If you get a good wife, you'll become happy; if you get a bad one, you'll become a philosopher." - Socrates
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:18:30 PM
Replace "furry" with "homosexual", then swap out the words so they fit.

You are basically asking someone to justify their preference. Try the same with a guy who is attracted to "ugly" women.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ragnar_Rahl
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 3:22:52 PM
A little nekomimi and so forth is one thing but smooth skin is better skin for the most part.
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:49:44 PM
At 1/25/2012 1:18:32 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:

thanks
"If you truly want to do something, the only person standing in your way is yourself"
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 4:52:03 PM
oh and like i said people if you don't really have anything nice to say please just don't post. and that kinda hurts my feelings, but i am going to get right over it.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/25/2012 5:15:58 PM
At 1/25/2012 4:52:03 PM, DevonNetzley wrote:
oh and like i said people if you don't really have anything nice to say please just don't post. and that kinda hurts my feelings, but i am going to get right over it.

Agh. Sorry if i offended you.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 6:38:14 AM
At 1/25/2012 5:15:58 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
At 1/25/2012 4:52:03 PM, DevonNetzley wrote:

Agh. Sorry if i offended you.

-sigh- It's ok...i guess. Thanks for apologizing really i appreciate it.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 6:41:05 AM
Now as for everyone else. Your opinions are your own and i welcome them. But i have to say that not all furries are the same. Just the simple statement of saying that "furries are creepy" itself is being stereotypical. I am most certianly not creepy, you can ask any of my friends, if you want.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 6:47:17 AM
At 1/25/2012 12:57:46 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
lmao.

The appeal of furries is the sheer attraction to an anthropomorphic version of an animal, or fantasy based creature. Not in a creepy way at all. The cuteness factor does play a small part in this as well. Anonymous factor? No not as much. As for the ceepy blank stares, yes they are a bit unnerving. Now for the "Don't the huge costumes get in the way?" Yes sometimes they can. They aren't called costumes they are named fursuits. And i what you mainly ask of is a fursuiter. I am not a fursuiter, mainly because i don't want to. Does that answer you questions?
bcresmer
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 7:14:31 AM
you guys need to stop being such d!cks to people. like foreal, its all i see on this site. so wat if hes not like u. GET OVER URSELF.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 7:31:33 AM
At 1/26/2012 7:14:31 AM, bcresmer wrote:
you guys need to stop being such d!cks to people. like foreal, its all i see on this site. so wat if hes not like u. GET OVER URSELF.

I agree with bcresmer but some of you are actually kind, which is rare these days. But yeah thanks for sticking up for me man.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 8:48:57 AM
Hmm, personal, I can appreciate some anthropanized art and stuff, but furries CAN get creepy, kinda like bronies.

Liking the art-style, show or whatever is good, but some of these people seem to have borderline obsession.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 8:56:53 AM
At 1/26/2012 8:48:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:
Hmm, personal, I can appreciate some anthropanized art and stuff, but furries CAN get creepy, kinda like bronies.

Liking the art-style, show or whatever is good, but some of these people seem to have borderline obsession.

Try to specify your assumptions if you would please. Your comment seems a bit vague for obsession.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:00:24 AM
At 1/26/2012 8:56:53 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:
At 1/26/2012 8:48:57 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Try to specify your assumptions if you would please. Your comment seems a bit vague for obsession.

Obsession, as in, for me personally, dressing up as the characters.

Here I'll give an example.

I'm a big Halo nerd. Know a TON of stuff about the Halo Universe. Does that mean I'll go to big Halo get togethers? If I had time, sure. Will I dress up as Masterchief or Arbiter? No.

And some of the furry art sorta bothers me.....the less appropriation art so to speak.

DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:08:19 AM
Yes some of the art is a bit vulgar so to speak. -ahem- But for the obsession of dressing up as their "fursona" it is far from an obsession. It relates to cutting loose in a way. Just being free and having fun. My buddy lives somewhere in London and owns a fursuit, but has never worn it more than once.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 9:10:11 AM
At 1/26/2012 9:08:19 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:
Yes some of the art is a bit vulgar so to speak. -ahem- But for the obsession of dressing up as their "fursona" it is far from an obsession. It relates to cutting loose in a way. Just being free and having fun. My buddy lives somewhere in London and owns a fursuit, but has never worn it more than once.

Yeah, I see where your coming from.

I mean, I'm not saying just by wearing a suit, that your automatically obsessed, I'm just saying there is a line between just liking the genre, and being obsessed.

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 10:40:17 AM
There isn't much that people don't do out of obsession. There would be little if any progress in terms of philosophy and science if not for obsession.

Everyone channels their obsessions in different ways.
DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 11:37:51 AM
At 1/26/2012 9:10:11 AM, OberHerr wrote:

I mean, I'm not saying just by wearing a suit, that your automatically obsessed, I'm just saying there is a line between just liking the genre, and being obsessed.

Now can you specify genre? Your comments are getting a bit vague on the subject. You could mean anything friend.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 4:16:13 PM
At 1/26/2012 11:37:51 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:

Now can you specify genre? Your comments are getting a bit vague on the subject. You could mean anything friend.

Any genre.

DevonNetzley
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 4:38:21 PM
At 1/26/2012 4:16:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any genre.

What genre are you aming for? You have to specify friend.
blackhawk1331
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 4:48:10 PM
At 1/25/2012 11:57:07 AM, DevonNetzley wrote:
Are there any fellow furries on this site? If so, come on in and tell what you be. Don't be ashamed, be proud of who you are. Besides were all friends here. Oh and if your curious on what a furry is just ask me. And please if you visit this, don't bash it. If you don't like it, now is a good time to get out.
Me I am a Timber wolf with awesome skaters hair.

What's a furry?
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
1/26/2012 4:49:24 PM
At 1/26/2012 4:38:21 PM, DevonNetzley wrote:
At 1/26/2012 4:16:13 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Any genre.

What genre are you aming for? You have to specify friend.

Any genre. I mean any. Is Furry a genre?