Jump to topic:

Not what they think I am.

mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:14:49 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
A lot of people and friends always say stuff like" you're very smart when it comes to politics and government" and also stuff like"you are going to be become a great politician or political leader". some have even said I will come to do great things in the future. when people say stuff like that to me it makes me feel like I have a chance to maybe being able to be a good politician in the future but then I look in the mirror and I see my self far from any of those things. Yeah sure I know a few things about politics and I love to follow them and study them but lets face it. I'm 16 my grades are horribly bad cause I miss school to work to help support my mother and brother and most politicians come from big rich universities (which I highly doubt I'll ever get into) and they also come from rich families with businesses and what not ( I have to work at to help my catch up with her bills) and I was arrested once when I was 11 for doing something stupid. yeah sure maybe I haven't been arrested before or after that but I doubt that with all that I have in my past and all that is going on now that I will never become a great politician or governor or senator. All those people who say I will come to do great things in this country and that I will do all that type of stuff, they are all wrong. I'm not what they think I am.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:25:51 AM
I know this sounds cheesy, but there's a good reason why people say this. You can be whatever you want to be. Being a politician does not require wealth or a rich background, it really ultimately just requires tenacity and a care for what goes on in this country.

My senator, Barbara Buono once came to my school to give us a speech about how she got where she is. She came from a modest background, had to work as a teenager I believe, and had to do a lot of upward climbing to make it. She's even been the Senate Majority Leader! She said, when asked how she did it, that it just took a lot of effort, a lot of trial and error, and an overall care and desire to make our current state of affairs better.

The road to Capitol Hill and the road to success in this country is built on pure luck for some, but for the rest of us, hard work , intelligence, and dedication (as cheesy as it sounds I know) will always lead us to our goals.

When people say that you're going to become something great. They know what they're talking about. Take it as inspiration and encouragement, take it as a goal, a challenge that you will conquer, because with our Democracy and our free society and our opportunity, its something you can certainly achieve.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:56:29 AM
Wasn't there another Mauricio that got banned?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
mauricio2
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 12:58:50 AM
At 2/19/2012 12:25:51 AM, 000ike wrote:
I know this sounds cheesy, but there's a good reason why people say this. You can be whatever you want to be. Being a politician does not require wealth or a rich background, it really ultimately just requires tenacity and a care for what goes on in this country.

My senator, Barbara Buono once came to my school to give us a speech about how she got where she is. She came from a modest background, had to work as a teenager I believe, and had to do a lot of upward climbing to make it. She's even been the Senate Majority Leader! She said, when asked how she did it, that it just took a lot of effort, a lot of trial and error, and an overall care and desire to make our current state of affairs better.

The road to Capitol Hill and the road to success in this country is built on pure luck for some, but for the rest of us, hard work , intelligence, and dedication (as cheesy as it sounds I know) will always lead us to our goals.

When people say that you're going to become something great. They know what they're talking about. Take it as inspiration and encouragement, take it as a goal, a challenge that you will conquer, because with our Democracy and our free society and our opportunity, its something you can certainly achieve.

I hope you are right. I love this country and I love everyone in it and all I really want to do is keep this country second to none.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 1:02:37 AM
At 2/19/2012 12:58:50 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
At 2/19/2012 12:25:51 AM, 000ike wrote:

I hope you are right. I love this country and I love everyone in it and all I really want to do is keep this country second to none.

You love everyone in the country? Even jerry Sandusky? Herb whitlock?
http://karisable.com...
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/19/2012 7:45:44 AM
Mauricio, your juvenile arrest record is sealed once you become an adult because of the Privacy Act of (1979?). No one will ever know about that without sufficient reason to view it. Plus, you were 11. Short of murdering someone, I fail to see how it's relevant.

As for your struggling to make ends meet, you need to use that to your advantage. Being rich is not a prerequisite, it's simply an advantage other people have over you. But you have to consider that people view handed-down wealth suspiciously and they don't respect it. They much more respect people who know the value of a dollar and value a good work ethic, regardless of how much they make.

Make an earnest attempt though at bringing your grades up, if you're serious about it.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)