Total Posts:81|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Advice (concerning crush)?

DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:01:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

I think you should just tell him how you feel. But not just yet, but dont take too long either, You dont want to stay in the friend zone but you also dont want to creep him out.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
OMGJustinBieber
Posts: 3,484
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?
thett3
Posts: 14,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:11:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:14:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?

I didn't really expect anything, nor do I. But it's always that nagging feeling of wanting to be honest that gets me.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:16:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:14:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?

I didn't really expect anything, nor do I. But it's always that nagging feeling of wanting to be honest that gets me.

I'll tell you straight up, honesty is not always the best policy.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:16:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:16:02 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:14:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?

I didn't really expect anything, nor do I. But it's always that nagging feeling of wanting to be honest that gets me.

I'll tell you straight up, honesty is not always the best policy.

I understand, but it's just my personality type to keep things of that nature to myself.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:17:18 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:16:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:16:02 PM, thett3 wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:14:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/27/2012 9:05:16 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 2/27/2012 8:47:23 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
So, I do indeed have a crush on someone *cue girlish squee*

However, there is the simple problem, that, lo and behold, he isn't attracted to men. Or, at least openly so.

We've been good friends for a while now, and our interactions are on the level of almost flirting--and this kind of started about 2 months after I came out last year.

I know it isn't a lot of information, and I'd be willing to further elaborate, but right now I'll leave the story as is. Advice?

Do not do tell him. The friendship will end. It will be incredibly awkward. It's very, very likely that he is indeed straight - What do you expect?

I didn't really expect anything, nor do I. But it's always that nagging feeling of wanting to be honest that gets me.

I'll tell you straight up, honesty is not always the best policy.

I understand, but it's just my personality type to not keep things of that nature to myself.

Fix'd.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
blackhawk1331
Posts: 4,932
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:22:57 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:16:52 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I understand, but it's just my personality type to keep things of that nature to myself.

Good solution. I'm back to square one now with a girl I *almost* asked out. We were becoming pretty friendly, talked daily all that stuff. The. It just kinda died a few days before I was gonna ask her out. Just starting to talk to her a little bit now. Unless you're certain, say nothing.
Because you said it was a waste, numb nuts. - Drafter

So fvck you. :) - TV

Use prima facie correctly or not at all. - Noumena
thett3
Posts: 14,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 9:32:06 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
****This is an extremely morally wrong solution, do not do it****

If you HAD to know, you could judge by his reaction when you're with someone else. For instance, this girl who likes me completely stopped talking to me when I got a girlfriend (and being the idiot I am, I didnt realize why...and bothered her about why she stopped talking to me..awkward), then started talking to me as soon as we were done. So if you legitimately like someone else...go for it
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
nonentity
Posts: 5,008
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 11:01:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At your age I wouldn't do it. I'm out of the loop with teenagers these days though... It's hard enough admitting you like someone let alone not even knowing their sexual orientation. First step would be to find that out.
Mirza
Posts: 16,992
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/27/2012 11:21:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/27/2012 9:14:27 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
I didn't really expect anything, nor do I. But it's always that nagging feeling of wanting to be honest that gets me.
There is a difference between being honest and being loudmouthed.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 1:35:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
The next time you consider him to be flirting with you, tell him that he is sending you mixed signals (you might even say "were you not straight, i would have thought you had feelings for me".) It might seem awkward but its a subtle way for him to get the clue to be more straightforward with his actions in regards to whats actually going on in his head.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Greyparrot
Posts: 14,322
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 3:49:56 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 1:35:50 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:
The next time you consider him to be flirting with you, tell him that he is sending you mixed signals (you might even say "were you not straight, i would have thought you had feelings for me".) It might seem awkward but its a subtle way for him to get the clue to be more straightforward with his actions in regards to whats actually going on in his head.

So sneaky!
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:24:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

http://myfacewhen.com...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:30:22 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Burn his house down!

(Then when he needs some place to stay because his house is burnt down, let him crash at your place and seduce him)
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:43:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 7:30:22 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Burn his house down!

(Then when he needs some place to stay because his house is burnt down, let him crash at your place and seduce him)

Genius!!!!OMGWTFBBQ11!!11!!SYMBOLISM!!1!!1!!!LEM0NS!!1!1!111!!!!
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
socialpinko
Posts: 10,458
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:46:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 7:30:22 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Burn his house down!

(Then when he needs some place to stay because his house is burnt down, let him crash at your place and seduce him)

Seems like it could work actually. Nothing gets a boy desperate like being homeless. Better, offer him a place to stay in return for......
: At 9/29/2014 10:55:59 AM, imabench wrote:
: : At 9/29/2014 9:43:46 AM, kbub wrote:
: :
: : DDO should discredit support of sexual violence at any time and in every way.
:
: I disagree.
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 7:51:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 7:46:56 PM, socialpinko wrote:
At 2/28/2012 7:30:22 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Burn his house down!

(Then when he needs some place to stay because his house is burnt down, let him crash at your place and seduce him)

Seems like it could work actually. Nothing gets a boy desperate like being homeless. Better, offer him a place to stay in return for......

That reminds me of this:
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:53:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:51:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

+1

but aren't you gay social?...

Yes. That was said in jest.

It just got really awkward...
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:55:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:53:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:51:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

+1

but aren't you gay social?...

Yes. That was said in jest.

It just got really awkward...

Thought so. Why is it awkward?

I agree with the verse proposed.
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:55:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Tell him.

I know you're attractive enough because you look just like me. So, no person in their right mind would not be into you.

Only thing is that he might actually be straight.
President of DDO
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:56:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:55:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:53:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:51:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

+1

but aren't you gay social?...

Yes. That was said in jest.

It just got really awkward...

Thought so. Why is it awkward?

I agree with the verse proposed.

It's awkward because I'm attracted to men, and so is spinko. He posted that verse as a joke (obviously). And then you come in and +1 it. The verse kind of sh1ts on both me and spinko.

Ergo: awkwardness.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
ConservativePolitico
Posts: 8,210
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:57:58 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:56:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:55:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:53:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:51:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

+1

but aren't you gay social?...

Yes. That was said in jest.

It just got really awkward...

Thought so. Why is it awkward?

I agree with the verse proposed.

It's awkward because I'm attracted to men, and so is spinko. He posted that verse as a joke (obviously). And then you come in and +1 it. The verse kind of sh1ts on both me and spinko.

Ergo: awkwardness.

Good.

Leviticus 18:22

+100
DetectableNinja
Posts: 6,043
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:58:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:55:32 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Tell him.

I know you're attractive enough because you look just like me. So, no person in their right mind would not be into you.

I'm really not that attractive. At all. Especially being quite overweight. I don't LOOK terribly overweight, but I am really.

Only thing is that he might actually be straight.
Think'st thou heaven is such a glorious thing?
I tell thee, 'tis not half so fair as thou
Or any man that breathes on earth.

- Christopher Marlowe, Doctor Faustus
thett3
Posts: 14,375
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 9:59:49 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:57:58 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:56:38 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:55:02 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:53:51 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:51:52 PM, ConservativePolitico wrote:
At 2/28/2012 6:58:28 PM, socialpinko wrote:
Leviticus 18:22. Read up fairy.

+1

but aren't you gay social?...

Yes. That was said in jest.

It just got really awkward...

Thought so. Why is it awkward?

I agree with the verse proposed.

It's awkward because I'm attracted to men, and so is spinko. He posted that verse as a joke (obviously). And then you come in and +1 it. The verse kind of sh1ts on both me and spinko.

Ergo: awkwardness.

Good.

Leviticus 18:22

+100

Dont be a douche...
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
jimtimmy
Posts: 3,953
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
2/28/2012 10:00:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 2/28/2012 9:58:05 PM, DetectableNinja wrote:
At 2/28/2012 9:55:32 PM, jimtimmy wrote:
Tell him.

I know you're attractive enough because you look just like me. So, no person in their right mind would not be into you.

I'm really not that attractive. At all. Especially being quite overweight. I don't LOOK terribly overweight, but I am really.

Only thing is that he might actually be straight.

Lol. Don't worry, a little weight is cute on a guy. You don't wanna be scrawny like me.
President of DDO