Jump to topic:

Fu ck

000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 4:17:03 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Sorry to hear that. But at least she's alive, those are usually fatal. :/ Terrible things happen, but we adjust to them and make the best of it. My grandmother damaged her leg in a car accident and couldn't walk independently for many years. Its a different chapter of all your lives, but its not the end.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 4:45:40 PM
That's sad, freedo. It is a reminder that our lives are fragile. Lives can turn upside down in an instant, or be lost in an instant, so we better take some time each day to step back and appreciate what we have. I think many of us forget this, and live as though we would live forever.

My boyfriend got a bad infection in his foot.(nothing to do with my sn lol) The swelling was only getting worse, and I was at the hospital with him yesterday, talking about what would happen if they had to chop it off. (mainly by joking around, talking about him having a peg leg) Luckily this morning, the antibiotics finally started showing improvement. He's very fortunate that nothing more serious happened. These types of things remind us of our mortality.

I could hardly imagine what it would be like in your friends position. Hopefully she has a good support system around her to keep her spirits up.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 4:50:32 PM
At 3/2/2012 4:45:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
My boyfriend got a bad infection in his foot.

Oh yeah, that kind that can only be cured by licking it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 5:31:05 PM
At 3/2/2012 4:50:32 PM, FREEDO wrote:
At 3/2/2012 4:45:40 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
My boyfriend got a bad infection in his foot.

Oh yeah, that kind that can only be cured by licking it.

lol, tried that already. Now my tongue is purple and ready to pop off.

jokes like this will probably make things easier on your friend. shes surely needing something to help ground her about now.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/2/2012 6:07:14 PM
How did you get by the filter despite saying "fvck" so many times?

Using some sort of symbol?

Hmmm...

fµck?

No...

ƒuck?...

No...

Hmm.

Well, anyway.

What's truly sick about this society is that there's currently technology out there that makes it possible so that a prosthetic leg that she can operate telepathically could be attached to her that would be generally indistinguishable from a real leg (I'm sure you could tell if you touched it, and I'm sure she could still tell...)

It all depends on how much money she has.

If she's four or so tax brackets down, they'll probably try to stick something on her that seems like it came from a life-sized Barbie, a la the medical advancement of yestercentury.

And, yes. That's quite tragic.

Unless it also quite terribly messed up her face and whacked off a tit as well, I'm sure she's still beautiful.
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:24:07 AM
At 3/2/2012 6:07:14 PM, Ren wrote:

Hmmm...

fµck?

No...

ƒuck?...

No...

Hmm.

Well, anyway.

What's truly sick about this society is that there's currently technology out there that makes it possible so that a prosthetic leg that she can operate telepathically could be attached to her that would be generally indistinguishable from a real leg (I'm sure you could tell if you touched it, and I'm sure she could still tell...)

If she's four or so tax brackets down, they'll probably try to stick something on her that seems like it came from a life-sized Barbie, a la the medical advancement of yestercentury.

Unless it also quite terribly messed up her face and whacked off a tit as well, I'm sure she's still beautiful.

I've heard a lot of good news about regenerative "pixie dust". We've used it in rebuilding individual veins and tendons but not yet a whole limb. Except for one guy who claims he regrew his finger with it.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:26:07 AM

You mean you can't do it? *trollface*
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Grape
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 2:48:02 AM
I once knew a guy who blew his arm off with a firecracker. I didn't really like him, though.

Gotta be careful with those limbs. Ya get used to them, and then one day they're gone. That's gotta suck.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 9:50:24 AM
At 3/3/2012 2:24:07 AM, FREEDO wrote:

Hmmm...

fµck?

No...

ƒuck?...

No...

Hmm.

Well, anyway.

I've heard a lot of good news about regenerative "pixie dust". We've used it in rebuilding individual veins and tendons but not yet a whole limb. Except for one guy who claims he regrew his finger with it.

The best I've heard with the technique is they rebuilt an esophagus for this old man with cancer.

I didn't mention the regenerative techniques, because I'm unsure how complex a system they can create yet. An ear or a nose or a toe, sure, but an entire leg? Wow, that's pretty complex. It'd probably take so long, she'd be over it when it's all said and done.

But, believe me. I don't you realize how sick nasty incredible prosthetics have become...
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/3/2012 10:37:43 AM
That's horrible.

My good friends dad was one of the men killed in Afghanistan in reaction to the recent Quaran burnings. I had a similar reaction. It's very shocking, especially from how unexpected it is. Like my former bests friends dad died of cancer a while ago. It's not nearly as shocking because we already knew he wasn't doing to well. But some things just suddenly come out of no where and it's shocking.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 9:27:09 AM
At 3/7/2012 3:20:18 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Why was the original post deleted?

Probably because he bypassed the swearing filter. That's my guess anyways.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/7/2012 2:15:54 PM
But, seriously now, that was a bit uncalled for.

It gives me a hint of--Is it?--It is.--anger. It makes me a little bit upset.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord