Jump to topic:

Help me please.

Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:14:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been faced with the most unfortunate of circumstances. I was planning on asking out one of my colleagues next week, no biggie. This is where it gets painful.

Today, another colleague who I am. . .sort of. . .friends with but not deeply comes up to me during my lunch break and he greets me. During my walk I pass him two more times and we greet each other, though I am skeptical how he has kept showing up on my route around the building. On the last time he sees me, he joins me and spills his thoughts to me about how he's been anxious about asking this same person out. Too bewildered to tell him that I was planning on it, I only encouraged him, though inside I felt myself die.

That is my problem. If I ask her out, it will be a slap in the face to him, who apparently confides in me as a friend, even though he has other buddies here. If I don't, I miss this huge opportunity which I've been working at for many months now.

I have a few theories. My first one is that I should talk to him during my next lunch break and tell him the truth, that I was going to do this. . .and tell him politely to back off. . .as I've known her for much longer than he has.

My other theory is that he simply did this to warn me off, as he saw that I had interest. In fact, that very morning we had both walked with her to the building, and maybe I'm thinking he noticed and is now trying to get me to back off.

My last theory is that she put him up to this to see how I would react.

To make things worse, I am currently working on multiple improvement projects with her, so if he did go ahead and ask her out, I would basically have to back off of all my efforts to get anywhere with her.

Please, anything?
Life is like radiation. A uniquely damaging event. Perhaps I will live another thirty years. Perhaps I will die tomorrow. But I have no regrets. I was sometimes forced to make difficult choices. But enough is enough. As Vladimir would say, you can only die once, make sure it is worth it.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:14:54 PM
Oh, and please restrain from any sarcastic comments that this site is famous for.
Life is like radiation. A uniquely damaging event. Perhaps I will live another thirty years. Perhaps I will die tomorrow. But I have no regrets. I was sometimes forced to make difficult choices. But enough is enough. As Vladimir would say, you can only die once, make sure it is worth it.
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:40:30 PM
It sounds like you're only acquaintances. If you were friends then you'd have more of an obligation to explain yourself. But since that's not the case, just ask her out anyway and let her decide who she wants to date.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:42:26 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:40:30 PM, 000ike wrote:
It sounds like you're only acquaintances. If you were friends then you'd have more of an obligation to explain yourself. But since that's not the case, just ask her out anyway and let her decide who she wants to date.

But what if I am a friend to him. I mean..the people he's friends with are basically his video game buddies. That would destroy him.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:42:41 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:42:26 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
At 3/11/2012 9:40:30 PM, 000ike wrote:

But what if I am a friend to him. I mean..the people he's friends with are basically his video game buddies. That would destroy him.

Thank you for your response by the way.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:46:30 PM
Its going to get messy, but asking her out without letting him kno is a massive slap in the face. Talk to him. He'll probably be pissed, but not as much.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:49:37 PM
Let him know. And, think on what is more important to you, him or her.

You could possibly get both, but you should also set priorities.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:49:45 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:14:54 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
Oh, and please restrain from any sarcastic comments that this site is famous for.

I'm famous!
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:49:50 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:46:30 PM, thett3 wrote:
Its going to get messy, but asking her out without letting him kno is a massive slap in the face. Talk to him. He'll probably be pissed, but not as much.

I'll probably do that. It's more polite than 000ike's option.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:50:35 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:50:05 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Also; burn her house down.

And his. With lemons.

Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:51:03 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:49:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:

This is going to be really awkward when I have to do my project with him. . .
Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:51:05 PM
Threesome.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:51:24 PM
Seriously though; bros are important, but bros should also respect other bros hos. Tell him how you feel, and maybe you two can come to an understanding, even if that means neither of you ask her out just yet.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:51:52 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:51:05 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Threesome.

Damnit people. Come on, this isn't helping. I'm in enough sh*t right now. If you don't have anything to say, go jerk to another thread.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:52:22 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:51:24 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Seriously though; bros are important, but bros should also respect other bros hos. Tell him how you feel, and maybe you two can come to an understanding, even if that means neither of you ask her out just yet.

You're redeemed.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:52:31 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:51:03 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
At 3/11/2012 9:49:37 PM, OberHerr wrote:

This is going to be really awkward when I have to do my project with him. . .

Buy him KFC everyday, and he will forgive you.

Lordknukle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:52:41 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:51:52 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
Threesome.

Damnit people. Come on, this isn't helping. I'm in enough sh*t right now. If you don't have anything to say, go jerk to another thread.

You underestimate the power of threesomes.

Seriously.
"Easy is the descent to Avernus, for the door to the Underworld lies upon both day and night. But to retrace your steps and return to the breezes above- that's the task, that's the toil."
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 9:58:39 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:52:41 PM, Lordknukle wrote:
Threesome.

Seriously.

Go away.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:00:03 PM
At 3/11/2012 9:58:39 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
Threesome.

Seriously.

Go away.

Hey, I'm serious about the KFC thing.

Buy him his favorite food everyday, and he WILL forgive you.

Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/11/2012 10:02:32 PM
At 3/11/2012 10:00:03 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 3/11/2012 9:58:39 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
Threesome.

Seriously.

Go away.

Hey, I'm serious about the KFC thing.

Buy him his favorite food everyday, and he WILL forgive you.

No.
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 12:42:24 AM
Bumpd.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 6:18:15 AM
At 3/11/2012 9:14:54 PM, Irkutsk wrote:
Oh, and please restrain from any sarcastic comments that this site is famous for.:

Learning you are, young Grasshopper.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Irkutsk
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/12/2012 10:30:46 PM
At 3/12/2012 6:12:51 AM, gerrandesquire wrote:
You don't need to please everyone.

This is it. Prioritize. Strike.

Going for it.