Jump to topic:

Money.

DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2012 8:36:52 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I recently started working at this law firm and it was great, but the bossman keeps wanting to give me more money. He says things like "keep up the good work, champ" and "here's another hundred for the road". I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe money isn't all that; I mean, isn't owning two Ferraris enough? Before all these promotions and bonuses, my poverty was a lot different; now I can't even stand in line at the soup kitchen without someone asking me for change for the bus-ride home. I mean, c'mon, premium is above four dollars now (not to mention my chauffeur needs a paycheck too). I just wish my yearly salary could at least go below six digits again... Is this good or bad?

(inspired by mauricio2's thread "Sex.")
M.Torres
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2012 8:51:23 PM
At 3/18/2012 8:36:52 PM, DakotaKrafick wrote:
I recently started working at this law firm and it was great, but the bossman keeps wanting to give me more money. He says things like "keep up the good work, champ" and "here's another hundred for the road". I'm starting to get the feeling that maybe money isn't all that; I mean, isn't owning two Ferraris enough? Before all these promotions and bonuses, my poverty was a lot different; now I can't even stand in line at the soup kitchen without someone asking me for change for the bus-ride home. I mean, c'mon, premium is above four dollars now (not to mention my chauffeur needs a paycheck too). I just wish my yearly salary could at least go below six digits again... Is this good or bad?

(inspired by mauricio2's thread "Sex.")

This was funny till I got to the "inspired" part.
: At 11/28/2011 1:28:24 PM, BlackVoid wrote:
: M. Torres said it, so it must be right.

I'm an Apatheistic Ignostic. ... problem? ;D

I believe in the heart of the cards. .:DDO Duelist:.
DakotaKrafick
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/18/2012 9:05:51 PM
At 3/18/2012 8:40:46 PM, FREEDO wrote:
win

Pro-tip: Don't mention it's a parody thread though.

Fine, freedo, just build up all my hopes with your "win" and then crush them with your "oh, btw, it was fail" lol. Your pro-tip is duly noted, though :D