Jump to topic:

iAmA Transient anarchist musician

CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:10:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
As some people here are aware, I've been without residence for most of my adult life. Before Christmas, I always had couches I could surf and be a bum, but after that I travelled down to Austin Texas to start fresh.

Since becoming a full blown street kid, I've had many crazy adventures and have experienced a lot of things.

Every day is an adventure and I'm having the time of my life.

So if there is anything you'd like to know about bein' a straight up gangsta hobo, ask away. I'll answer all questions as honestly and informative as I can.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:18:42 PM
Don't know where to start, huh?

Lol, you just swear you're SOOOOooOOoOOoo interesting. Why don't you just go write a book?

/endobnoxiousddoism

So. How do you wash your clothes? What's your favorite stop spot? It's floods down there, and even when it doesn't, I'm sure you have a place picked out that's either high or low -- which is it?

Who gives the best free food?

Who throws away the best free food?

Any territory issues yet?
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:41:14 PM
Well, it definitely isn't the kind of lifestyle that people on DDO are familiar with(some exceptions, certainly), it should be interesting.

I used to wash my clothes at a laundry place. Then I started washing my clothes at a little hang out spot for homeless youth on tge drag. Now, I just get new clothes when my old ones get dirty.

I have a few stop spots, but I like any place that lets me charge my phone. Extra love if they have free wifi.

I don't usually have problems with rain or floods. I always manage to find a place. Last night I squatted in an abandoned gay bar.

For free food, there is this place called angel house on ceasar chav just east of i35. They stuff you stupid, and they have good soup. I like this place called veggie heaven, it's all rice, tofu, veggies, etc, but very good.

6th street at night, a lot of vendors and pizza places give out their leftovers if they can't sell. Had brats yesterday.

Sometimes someone will get territorial. Juggalos are fvcking retarded about those things. I'm already at the point here to where I don't have to fight. If someone goes at me, I've got thugs to take care of em. Luckily, I'm very diplomatic. Sometimes it takes someone a minute to realize that I have a stupid sense of humor and just fvck with everyone. I don't have any feuds at this point. Pretty much everyone is cool with me.
Official "High Priest of Secular Affairs and Transient Distributor of Sonic Apple Seeds relating to the Reptilian Division of Paperwork Immoliation" of The FREEDO Bureaucracy, a DDO branch of the Erisian Front, a subdivision of the Discordian Back, a Limb of the Illuminatian Cosmic Utensil Corp
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 12:44:28 PM
Compared to Chicago, the gangs around here are practically non existent. Some sign bums get territorial.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 1:52:40 PM
I've always enjoyed striking up conversations with bums, as long as they arent the schizo/drugged out ones who talk to themselves. Especially the older ones because they've had a lot of experience developing their street smarts. They can be conniving though (they have to be..) so I tend to check out if they start going on with a sob story.

You seem content with your lifestyle. Why are you a bum? Kind of a vague question but I guess what I'm getting at is why did you make that decision and do you attempt to change that lifestyle?

What do you do to get your necessities; Is it just asking people for change? What is your "sell", or approach? Do you have a sign? A particular story that you tell people?
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 2:54:41 PM
I'm assuming you have some sort of petty cash flow. What's your main source of that?
If you were to give advice to someone planning to do the same sort of thing, what would say?
Have you considered being a vigilante hobo?
Do you need a good network of friends to rely on?
Whats the hobo community like?
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 2:56:14 PM
Basically as soon as I finish my masters, I'm planning of travelling to a different country and becoming homeless. Or a traveller or some shizzle. Just planning on having little to no income and seeing what happens.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:39:00 PM
@smellyfeet

Way back when I was a Jesus freak religious space cadet(instead of the Eris boning religious space cadet I am today), I wanted to give up everything and wander the land to do good things and be an overall positive influence. I was put in a mental hospital.

Later on, I started getting those yearnings again, for different reasons. I like adventure. I got what I wanted, and still get it daily. I also became king of the world in the process. I excercise my authority by being a giver of freedom.

I don't have a sob story, I'm happy. I don't ask people for money or anything, I play music. Also, I surround myself with people who don't have a problem asking for things. Street kids tend to share things. We each have different ways of doing things, and they tend to work for the group. Don't question another's methods, and allow them to do as they will. You will gain love, trust, and free sh1t. I'm not beyond taking advantage of someone who feels they need to help me out of pity. I work my magic, I'm a chaos magician. A good enough of one to be the king.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 4:45:29 PM
@thad

Main source of income is music.

The hobo community on the overall is nice as long as you don't take them so seriously. Most all them are very eccentric or straight crazy. Most all are alcoholics or drug abusers. A good majority are not very honest in tgeir methods.

They are very fun though, because they will lead you into crazy situations that usually end up to one's benefit.

I like tge older bums, but the younger ones are tge ones I hang around most.

If you plan on living this life, learn to stop judging things as good and bad. Everything works in your favor if you aren't an arsehole. Be adaptable.
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:01:12 PM
At 3/23/2012 4:39:00 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
@smellyfeet

Way back when I was a Jesus freak religious space cadet(instead of the Eris boning religious space cadet I am today), I wanted to give up everything and wander the land to do good things and be an overall positive influence. I was put in a mental hospital.

Later on, I started getting those yearnings again, for different reasons. I like adventure. I got what I wanted, and still get it daily. I also became king of the world in the process. I excercise my authority by being a giver of freedom.

I don't have a sob story, I'm happy. I don't ask people for money or anything, I play music. Also, I surround myself with people who don't have a problem asking for things. Street kids tend to share things. We each have different ways of doing things, and they tend to work for the group. Don't question another's methods, and allow them to do as they will. You will gain love, trust, and free sh1t. I'm not beyond taking advantage of someone who feels they need to help me out of pity. I work my magic, I'm a chaos magician. A good enough of one to be the king.

Lol. As self- righteous as that is, I feel you. People try to get power by controlling their surroundings and other people around them. the best form of power is by letting people be - realizing that control doesn't matter. No matter what your surroundings are, you are still you. I can identify with your need for freedom. The day to day constructs that are set in place for the average person can become monotonous and draining at times. There are certainly many ways ways to break that monotony though and you have chosen an extreme way. It's daring but if it makes you happy, that's all that matters. More power to ya, buddy.

I bet you have more time to devote to your musical talent as well.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 5:51:03 PM
It really isn't all that extreme. People just tend to fear giving up their false sense of securities. I'd rather not support the system that I don't believe in.

But yeah, I don't really have any intentions of settling down. I'm open to any route that doesn't require me to make use of government documentation. If I can live in a house while still being off the grid, I could roll with that.

I'm not being pretentious or self righteous about any of this. I just enjoy living this type of life. I think most people would too... everyone can't do it though, it wouldn't be possible without those who are willing to sell their souls to the man, digging ditches for monetary influence.

I'd rather not take part in that particular game. Doesn't suit me.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:08:47 PM
I lived like that for a year or so out of high school and I have a lot of friends who still do. Sometimes I have them come crash at my apartment for a weekend or so. Just another way to live. I might do it again after college for a little while. Just like doing the work/rent/house thing, it has pros and cons.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:10:13 PM
At 3/23/2012 12:41:14 PM, CosmicAlfonzo wrote:
Well, it definitely isn't the kind of lifestyle that people on DDO are familiar with(some exceptions, certainly), it should be interesting.

I used to wash my clothes at a laundry place. Then I started washing my clothes at a little hang out spot for homeless youth on tge drag. Now, I just get new clothes when my old ones get dirty.

Lol, you just get new ones when your old ones get dirty, huh? How do you go about doing that? Lol, that's how it always goes. If you keep the lifestyle for too long, you'll finally degrade to the minimalist pragmatism that rationalizes never changing your clothes again. You're truly embracing it, though, I can see -- be careful, man.

I have a few stop spots, but I like any place that lets me charge my phone. Extra love if they have free wifi.

It's unbelievable how often people put up a problem with charging your shit! Oh man, and the accessibility of bathrooms... that's a real clincher, especially during some precarious times... man. >_<

I don't usually have problems with rain or floods. I always manage to find a place. Last night I squatted in an abandoned gay bar.

LOL! Details! How did you find out about it? Were there others? If so, what was it like?

For free food, there is this place called angel house on ceasar chav just east of i35. They stuff you stupid, and they have good soup. I like this place called veggie heaven, it's all rice, tofu, veggies, etc, but very good.

6th street at night, a lot of vendors and pizza places give out their leftovers if they can't sell. Had brats yesterday.

Sometimes someone will get territorial. Juggalos are fvcking retarded about those things. I'm already at the point here to where I don't have to fight. If someone goes at me, I've got thugs to take care of em. Luckily, I'm very diplomatic. Sometimes it takes someone a minute to realize that I have a stupid sense of humor and just fvck with everyone. I don't have any feuds at this point. Pretty much everyone is cool with me.

Adaptive.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:22:32 PM
Honestly, it isn't pragmatic to be a stinky bum. It's hard to work your magic if you smell like a sewer. Also, I like to get laid.

I was led to the gay bar a month or so ago by a street kid musician from Kentucky. We play on the streets all the time. He's a pretty good freestyle rapper who always spits about the crazy stuff that happened that day. He cracks me up, we'll be busking on 6th street tonight.
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:27:32 PM
I try to avoid sleeping at that place. One time Slim(Kentucky kid) was attacked by a scared squatter, and had to kick his ars. Ended up kicking some glass. Had to get stitches. That isn't my reason though, the place smells like a cat box. I go there if I can't find anything else. I do have my backpack hidden inside there though.. I don't like carrying a lot of stuff.
16kadams
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:29:39 PM
how do you get online DDO then?
https://www.youtube.com...
https://rekonomics.wordpress.com...
"A trend is a trend, but the question is, will it bend? Will it alter its course through some unforeseen force and come to a premature end?" -- Alec Cairncross
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 6:38:21 PM
At 3/23/2012 6:29:39 PM, 16kadams wrote:
how do you get online DDO then?

Cell phone
CosmicAlfonzo
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/23/2012 7:03:31 PM
At 3/23/2012 6:52:26 PM, FREEDO wrote:
Have you ever encountered a man with a wooden shoe for a hand?

No, it was made of hemp.