Jump to topic:

tvellalott, the dad?

tvellalott
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 10:54:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now. She already had a child to a previous relationship and I've been playing daddy the whole time; unexplained tantrums, dirty nappies and faceplants are a daily thing.

Now, after my girlfriend decided (with my knowledge) to go off the pill, I just found out she is almost certainly pregnant (two positive pregnancy tests) and I'm torn between joy and worry.

I can definitely see myself spending the rest of my life with this girl: she's amazing; we have similar taste in entertainment (herr herr), similar senses of humour and both like each other's families. I love her daughter and yeah...

BUT, financially I'm not particularly ready to provide for a family.

So yeah... Congradulations to me, though I may have ruined my life. Going to try and stay positive, get a financial attack plan together and move onwards and upwards.

Had to share.
"Caitlyn Jenner is an incredibly brave and stunningly beautiful woman."

Muh threads
Using mafia tactics in real-life: http://www.debate.org...
6 years of DDO: http://www.debate.org...
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:04:42 PM
Make sure to use corporal punishment, dote on him/her when neccsary, bu be strict. Remeber, respect > love

and Congratz. Do you know if it's a boy or girl yet, or is it too early?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:20:37 PM
CONGRATS! :)

I hear that having a kid is one of the most joyous things that could happen to a person. (they annoy the h#ll out of me, but still..) they say you don't realize their impact until you have one.

Don't worry too much about the finances. Someone is never in the "perfect financial spot" to have a kid. As long as you can be responsible with your money and make the kid a priority, it will be fine. Keep us updated on how things turn out. This is certainly a life changing moment for you! BE HAPPY.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:21:24 PM
Awesome! Can you see yourself with this girl for the rest of your life? I've always had a deep respect for guys who take the resposiblity being a dad to kids who aren't their own.
kfc
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:22:09 PM
Oh, and burn her house down.

johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:24:55 PM
At 3/25/2012 11:22:09 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Well, they're together now, so obviously he already did that.
I didn't order assholes with my whiskey.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/25/2012 11:25:44 PM
At 3/25/2012 11:24:55 PM, johnnyboy54 wrote:
At 3/25/2012 11:22:09 PM, OberHerr wrote:

Well, they're together now, so obviously he already did that.

Works everytime. Girls just swoon every time I burn their houses down.

Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 8:46:56 AM
You just married her.

As far as I understand it, there's ways around everything when you have a family. It's the stress that gets ya.

Good luck, and grats.
drafterman
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 10:03:14 AM
At 3/25/2012 10:54:42 PM, tvellalott wrote:
So I've been dating this girl for about 6 months now. She already had a child to a previous relationship and I've been playing daddy the whole time; unexplained tantrums, dirty nappies and faceplants are a daily thing.

Now, after my girlfriend decided (with my knowledge) to go off the pill, I just found out she is almost certainly pregnant (two positive pregnancy tests) and I'm torn between joy and worry.

I can definitely see myself spending the rest of my life with this girl: she's amazing; we have similar taste in entertainment (herr herr), similar senses of humour and both like each other's families. I love her daughter and yeah...

So yeah... Congradulations to me, though I may have ruined my life. Going to try and stay positive, get a financial attack plan together and move onwards and upwards.

Had to share.

Well, you have an advantage in having dealt with one little tyke. The first day after we had our first, definitely wracked with nervousness to the point of nausea.

Not sure how to explain it other than to say, "It all works out."
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 10:15:29 AM

Had to share.

CONGRATS DUDE :D

btw, nobody is ever 100% prepared to raise another kid, just take life one step at a time and before you know it you'll be doing fine :)

Name the child after me too ;D
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"
Geogeer: "Nobody is dumb enough to become my protege."

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
baggins
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 12:49:19 PM
Congratulations and Best of Luck. I guess you deserve / need both!
The Holy Quran 29:19-20

See they not how Allah originates creation, then repeats it: truly that is easy for Allah.

Say: "Travel through the earth and see how Allah did originate creation; so will Allah produce a later creation: for Allah has power over all things.
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 12:58:13 PM
At 3/26/2012 10:15:29 AM, imabench wrote:

Had to share.

CONGRATS DUDE :D

btw, nobody is ever 100% prepared to raise another kid, just take life one step at a time and before you know it you'll be doing fine :)

Name the child after me too ;D

No name it after me. And not my facebook name, but my real DDO name.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:32:43 PM
Congradulations. I wish I knew what its like to be like you. Having a loving family. I wish you the best of luck in the future. Maybe take a pic one day! :)
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:38:38 PM
It's so fun raising a new child because you get to warp their fragile little minds in whatever way you choose! I'm gonna teach my kids that the number 5 is actually the letter A, all their friends are aliens, underwear is an important form of headgear that gives you concentration and replace please and thank with swear words. It's going to be hilarious!
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:40:13 PM
At 3/26/2012 5:39:08 PM, FREEDO wrote:
By the way, you should become a drug dealer. That's where the dough is at.

And then he can get arrested and be unable to provide for his family :P
000ike
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:41:23 PM

what's the matter with you?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
johnnyboy54
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:42:49 PM
At 3/26/2012 5:41:23 PM, 000ike wrote:

Twas a joke, I believe
Man-is-good
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 5:56:26 PM
For many, it will be a blessing and even the pain it inflicts proves to be a period of coalescence for those who have withstood the wounds of time.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
3/26/2012 6:02:05 PM
At 3/26/2012 5:41:23 PM, 000ike wrote:

You can make a lot of money dealing.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler