Total Posts:39|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

Today's trends and Fads

mauricio2
Posts: 129
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 6:02:17 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
I can't stand this generation. even tho I'm only 16 I hate that I was born during in this generation. I can't even tell the guys from the girls when it comes to the little scene kids with the stupid long hair and skinny jeans and how it's cool to be "bi" and crap. What happened to women being attracted to men. Real men who look like men. I feel like an old man bitching about today's little kids. Maybe cause I'm very old school. Like I'm more into the 60's old school.I honestly pray that these Fads don't get worse.
1dustpelt
Posts: 1,970
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 4:53:28 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 6:02:17 AM, mauricio2 wrote:
I can't stand this generation. even tho I'm only 16 I hate that I was born during in this generation. I can't even tell the guys from the girls when it comes to the little scene kids with the stupid long hair and skinny jeans and how it's cool to be "bi" and crap. What happened to women being attracted to men. Real men who look like men. I feel like an old man bitching about today's little kids. Maybe cause I'm very old school. Like I'm more into the 60's old school.I honestly pray that these Fads don't get worse.

Exactly! But without this generation there wouldn't be a DDO.
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 4:55:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
LOL I like the Skinny Jeans and Christofer Drew Haircut Trends cause thats totally my life. xDDD
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:04:51 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 4:55:24 PM, kyro90 wrote:
LOL I like the Skinny Jeans and Christofer Drew Haircut Trends cause thats totally my life. xDDD

I am pretty sure you are so far in the closet, you are in narnia. You buy box sets of glee. You are batting for the for other team. You have a strong interest in wheelbarrows. You know the Duke of Kent. You punt from the Cambridge end. You're a fan of Judy Garland. You're good with colours, value your privacy and are light in the loafers. You are a player of the pink oboe, a ponce, a pansy and a pink pants poofter. You've handed in your man cards. You've a limp wrist. You are friends with a man named Steve. You read FHM for the articles. You prefer the Greek reversal to the Russian. You drink from the other fountain. You are married to your career. You have a hint of mint. You play the bassoon. You are a chocolate soldier. You are a drain pipe engineer who is familiar with the first of May.
You're a taker of warm showers with the Rear Brigadier.
To be frank, you are a bum bandit. =)

(Everytime you post something gay, this will get longer)
imabench
Posts: 21,206
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:08:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
even though im almost 20 i still feel like im stuck in this generation and trust me i haet all of this dumbass stuff too.
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:08:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:04:51 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 4:55:24 PM, kyro90 wrote:
LOL I like the Skinny Jeans and Christofer Drew Haircut Trends cause thats totally my life. xDDD

I am pretty sure you are so far in the closet, you are in narnia. You buy box sets of glee. You are batting for the for other team. You have a strong interest in wheelbarrows. You know the Duke of Kent. You punt from the Cambridge end. You're a fan of Judy Garland. You're good with colours, value your privacy and are light in the loafers. You are a player of the pink oboe, a ponce, a pansy and a pink pants poofter. You've handed in your man cards. You've a limp wrist. You are friends with a man named Steve. You read FHM for the articles. You prefer the Greek reversal to the Russian. You drink from the other fountain. You are married to your career. You have a hint of mint. You play the bassoon. You are a chocolate soldier. You are a drain pipe engineer who is familiar with the first of May.
You're a taker of warm showers with the Rear Brigadier.
To be frank, you are a bum bandit. =)

(Everytime you post something gay, this will get longer)

LOL Id like to see what else you wear except for that tuxedo.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:11:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I'd wish for just a modicum of intellectualism in today's generation, just one small bit or willingness to learn, to be honest.

That is not to say that everyone is anti-intellectual, but I know many who seem disturbingly uninterested in the acquiring of knowledge.
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:11:45 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I am pretty sure you are so far in the closet, you are in narnia. You buy box sets of glee. You are batting for the for other team. You have a strong interest in wheelbarrows. You know the Duke of Kent. You punt from the Cambridge end. You're a fan of Judy Garland. You're good with colours, value your privacy and are light in the loafers. You are a player of the pink oboe, a ponce, a pansy and a pink pants poofter. You've handed in your man cards. You've a limp wrist. You are friends with a man named Steve. You read FHM for the articles. You prefer the Greek reversal to the Russian. You drink from the other fountain. You are married to your career. You have a hint of mint. You play the bassoon. You are a chocolate soldier. You are a drain pipe engineer who is familiar with the first of May.
You're a taker of warm showers with the Rear Brigadier.
You are a fudge packer, a gentleman of the back door, a member of the intermediate sex, a Huntley, a hen hussy and a heart valve. You are a lad lass from off the planet. You navigate the windward passage. You receive swollen goods. You are a sword swallower from Stoke on Trent. You live in Brighton.
To be frank, you are a bum bandit. =)
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:13:16 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Gender bending is not a fad at all. It's nothing new and only growing. It is something that will be with us for a loooong time. Get used to it ;)

Though I have to agree about the method... I loathe the scene kid style. It's so overdone. It jumped the shark years ago.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:16:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:11:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I'd wish for just a modicum of intellectualism in today's generation, just one small bit or willingness to learn, to be honest.

That is not to say that everyone is anti-intellectual, but I know many who seem disturbingly uninterested in the acquiring of knowledge.

but that isn't unique to this generation. People are different, and not everyone will value intellectualism. Most people just want to have fun and drown themselves in excitement and inebriation to escape their troubles.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:17:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

It just isnt possible. Gender Bender is just my thing. ;)
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Man-is-good
Posts: 6,871
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:30:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:16:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:11:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I'd wish for just a modicum of intellectualism in today's generation, just one small bit or willingness to learn, to be honest.

That is not to say that everyone is anti-intellectual, but I know many who seem disturbingly uninterested in the acquiring of knowledge.

but that isn't unique to this generation. People are different, and not everyone will value intellectualism. Most people just want to have fun and drown themselves in excitement and inebriation to escape their troubles.

Oh certainly, I know this is true, but I did not intend to discuss this as a distinguished/individual trend of today's generation....only an aspect that appears to be shared by other generations in the past...
"Homo sum, humani nihil a me alienum puto." --Terence

"I believe that the mind can be permanently profaned by the habit of attending to trivial things, so that all our thoughts shall be tinged with triviality."--Thoreau
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:32:25 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

hahahaha
Mr. Doesn't-care-about-anything is now the sexuality police? So your allegiance has been with the homophobes this whole time.......
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:36:24 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:17:24 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

It just isnt possible. Gender Bender is just my thing. ;)

+1
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:39:37 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:32:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

hahahaha
Mr. Doesn't-care-about-anything is now the sexuality police? So your allegiance has been with the homophobes this whole time.......

No, its just that I find it very difficult to be this witty all the time. He needs to give me a break so I can keep up the good work.

Maybe he could be french for a week. I have tonnes of french material...
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:39:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:30:24 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:16:12 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:11:02 PM, Man-is-good wrote:
I'd wish for just a modicum of intellectualism in today's generation, just one small bit or willingness to learn, to be honest.

That is not to say that everyone is anti-intellectual, but I know many who seem disturbingly uninterested in the acquiring of knowledge.

but that isn't unique to this generation. People are different, and not everyone will value intellectualism. Most people just want to have fun and drown themselves in excitement and inebriation to escape their troubles.

Oh certainly, I know this is true, but I did not intend to discuss this as a distinguished/individual trend of today's generation....only an aspect that appears to be shared by other generations in the past...

I don't even think that it's about "this generation" per se. That is just kind of how teenagers are biologically. Most of them want instant gratification. They can't think two, three steps ahead as well as adults with fully formed brains so it is much easier to fall for a culture which espouses anti-intellectualism as "cool." So with the instant gratification thing, and the still-developing ability to think two and three steps ahead, it makes it difficult for intellectual investigation to be worth it to most teenagers. They want results and they want them now. And I don't know if you noticed, but thinking is a lot of work :)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:41:20 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:39:37 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:32:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

hahahaha
Mr. Doesn't-care-about-anything is now the sexuality police? So your allegiance has been with the homophobes this whole time.......

No, its just that I find it very difficult to be this witty all the time. He needs to give me a break so I can keep up the good work.

Maybe he could be french for a week. I have tonnes of french material...

I'm sure you do. The french, for you, must be like America's everybody-else!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:42:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:41:20 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:39:37 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:32:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

hahahaha
Mr. Doesn't-care-about-anything is now the sexuality police? So your allegiance has been with the homophobes this whole time.......

No, its just that I find it very difficult to be this witty all the time. He needs to give me a break so I can keep up the good work.

Maybe he could be french for a week. I have tonnes of french material...

I'm sure you do. The french, for you, must be like America's everybody-else!

Heh. I have way more American material. It barely takes effort, you guys write it for me.
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P
Oryus
Posts: 8,280
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:47:38 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:42:13 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:41:20 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:39:37 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:32:25 PM, Oryus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:14:39 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
Kyro, please be less gay. This is a lot effort, even for one as eloquent as I.

hahahaha
Mr. Doesn't-care-about-anything is now the sexuality police? So your allegiance has been with the homophobes this whole time.......

No, its just that I find it very difficult to be this witty all the time. He needs to give me a break so I can keep up the good work.

Maybe he could be french for a week. I have tonnes of french material...

I'm sure you do. The french, for you, must be like America's everybody-else!

Heh. I have way more American material. It barely takes effort, you guys write it for me.

I believe it. There's a large chunk of the population who are self-hating Americans. Trust me. Rick Perry, Sarah Palin, and Herman Cain were all real candidates to be the president/vice president of the U.S. Real ones. And people took them seriously. America is a joke, basically.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:48:50 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

When did I ever say- Oh. YOU SAID YOUD NEVER REVEAL THAT! :3
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:51:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.

Are you drunk?
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault
kyro90
Posts: 4,400
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:52:21 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.

LOL
Are you trying to copy me or something cause its totally working. xD
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:53:36 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:51:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.

Are you drunk?

Is that question redundant?
Thaddeus
Posts: 6,985
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:54:40 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:52:21 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.

LOL
Are you trying to copy me or something cause its totally working. xD

I've always been a nihilist looking through a jesters mask. That or I'm as drunk as a daisy on diesel.
000ike
Posts: 11,196
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/8/2012 5:57:13 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/8/2012 5:53:36 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:51:56 PM, 000ike wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:51:17 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:49:27 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:47:26 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/8/2012 5:44:53 PM, royalpaladin wrote:
Give kyro a break guys. Who cares if he secretly wants to be me?

Kyro is already much cooler than you. =P

LOL
How am I cool?! Im a total idiotic loser that has blonde moments every 7 minutes. :3

I never said you were cool. /Royal Burn

I kid you guys. I kid because I ca... I kid because my life is empty and meaningless.

Are you drunk?

Is that question redundant?

You seem to get drunk very frequently. You'll kill yourself if you're not careful.
"A stupid despot may constrain his slaves with iron chains; but a true politician binds them even more strongly with the chain of their own ideas" - Michel Foucault