Total Posts:24|Showing Posts:1-24
Jump to topic:

This seriously did not just happen >_>

Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:19:44 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So yeah, TUF has a thread along this line but I feel this deserves a thread of its own.

The situation is this, I get done with a days work, and my gf is still working. Well she cant open her combination lock. I try to open it myself an umpteen amount of times to no avail. That means its gotta be cut, so i go back to the maintenance closet looking for bolt cutter, thats a no-go, there rusted and dull.

So I have no choice but to use a sawzall. After about 45 min to an hour of cuttin the lock I finally realize that its just not going to happen. So instead I cut through the loop that the lock is inserted through. That works like a charm.

So the situation thus far is:

A) Girlfriend cant get lock open, I must fix it as a good boyfriend should.
B) After nearly an hour I finally get the locker open, sadly the locker cant be used anymore and neither can the lock.

I go up to my girlfriend after all this and heres the conversation as it happened.

Myself- I got your locker open, but you're going to have to find a new locker and buy a new lock, I suggest a key-lock.

Her- *Rolls eyes* Fine(sarcastically)

Now my thought when this happened was, WTF, I just spent an hour opening your locker for you and all you can say is FINE!!

Her- Well shouldnt you be leaving now? Goodbye.

Myself- umm ok, i guess ill talk to you later then, bye.

Now not even 5 minutes ago she texts me when she gets home saying that I shouldnt of done that. Now I'm confused as all hell, because she wanted me to open her locker, and like it or not, thats the only way I was going to open it so she could get her purse and car keys out.

Then it occured to me, well shizz, shes on her period, no wonder shes not grateful that I actually spent an hour opening up her locker, after already working all day. Either way, I'm in the doghouse for doing what I was supposed to do in the first place, opening her locker...

So guys, my question is this, whats the most effed up thing you've gotten in trouble for with your significant other while they're on their period?
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:28:09 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:19:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
So yeah, TUF has a thread along this line but I feel this deserves a thread of its own.

The situation is this, I get done with a days work, and my gf is still working. Well she cant open her combination lock. I try to open it myself an umpteen amount of times to no avail. That means its gotta be cut, so i go back to the maintenance closet looking for bolt cutter, thats a no-go, there rusted and dull.

So I have no choice but to use a sawzall. After about 45 min to an hour of cuttin the lock I finally realize that its just not going to happen. So instead I cut through the loop that the lock is inserted through. That works like a charm.

So the situation thus far is:

A) Girlfriend cant get lock open, I must fix it as a good boyfriend should.
B) After nearly an hour I finally get the locker open, sadly the locker cant be used anymore and neither can the lock.

I go up to my girlfriend after all this and heres the conversation as it happened.

Myself- I got your locker open, but you're going to have to find a new locker and buy a new lock, I suggest a key-lock.

Her- *Rolls eyes* Fine(sarcastically)

Now my thought when this happened was, WTF, I just spent an hour opening your locker for you and all you can say is FINE!!

Her- Well shouldnt you be leaving now? Goodbye.

Myself- umm ok, i guess ill talk to you later then, bye.

Now not even 5 minutes ago she texts me when she gets home saying that I shouldnt of done that. Now I'm confused as all hell, because she wanted me to open her locker, and like it or not, thats the only way I was going to open it so she could get her purse and car keys out.

Then it occured to me, well shizz, shes on her period, no wonder shes not grateful that I actually spent an hour opening up her locker, after already working all day. Either way, I'm in the doghouse for doing what I was supposed to do in the first place, opening her locker...

So guys, my question is this, whats the most effed up thing you've gotten in trouble for with your significant other while they're on their period?

Dude, it just makes me so angry when I hear stories like this.

Why do we let these woman push us around like this!? It's time for us to make a stand bro. No longer should we let ourselves be mentally abused by the angst of female superiority.

Let us take a stand for freedom?

Whose with me!

FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *charges at the evil women of the world, peenus raised*
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
TUF
Posts: 21,309
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:28:48 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:28:09 PM, TUF wrote:
Dude, it just makes me so angry when I hear stories like this.

Why do we let these woman push us around like this!? It's time for us to make a stand bro. No longer should we let ourselves be mentally abused by the angst of female superiority.

Let us take a stand for freedom?

Whose with me!

FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *charges at the evil women of the world, sword raised*

soz. Fixed ;-0
"I've got to go and grab a shirt" ~ Airmax1227
OberHerr
Posts: 13,062
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:31:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:28:48 PM, TUF wrote:
At 4/13/2012 9:28:09 PM, TUF wrote:
Dude, it just makes me so angry when I hear stories like this.

Why do we let these woman push us around like this!? It's time for us to make a stand bro. No longer should we let ourselves be mentally abused by the angst of female superiority.

Let us take a stand for freedom?

Whose with me!

FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *charges at the evil women of the world, sword raised*


soz. Fixed ;-0

Eh, I'll just stick with my beer.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:34:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:31:07 PM, OberHerr wrote:
At 4/13/2012 9:28:48 PM, TUF wrote:
At 4/13/2012 9:28:09 PM, TUF wrote:
Dude, it just makes me so angry when I hear stories like this.

Why do we let these woman push us around like this!? It's time for us to make a stand bro. No longer should we let ourselves be mentally abused by the angst of female superiority.

Let us take a stand for freedom?

Whose with me!

FREEEEEEEEEEDOMMMMM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! *charges at the evil women of the world, sword raised*


soz. Fixed ;-0

Eh, I'll just stick with my beer.

^^this

Its not worth the effort lol
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:35:23 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Bummer dude.. I feel for ya... These things happen.

Burn her house down or just avoid her for a little bit. She's currently in a state of insanity that no man will ever understand or be safe from.

"Now not even 5 minutes ago she texts me when she gets home saying that I shouldnt of done that"

One does not OF.

Grammar Naziism aside... 'Man' has been dealing with this forever, not much you can do but be Socratic about it, and realize and admit, that you Know Nothing, and just hope for the best.

Good luck.
Debate.org Moderator
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 9:48:56 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:47:55 PM, gerrandesquire wrote:
Aww poor you. Ignore her a little, she needs space. Go on with yourwork till she calms down.

1227th comment.. greatest number ever. You should have a party.
Debate.org Moderator
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 10:10:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Then it occured to me, well shizz, shes on her period, no wonder shes not grateful that I actually spent an hour opening up her locker, after already working all day. Either way, I'm in the doghouse for doing what I was supposed to do in the first place, opening her locker...

So guys, my question is this, whats the most effed up thing you've gotten in trouble for with your significant other while they're on their period?:

Word to the wise (and listen to me because I'm a crusty old man): 9/10 times when a woman says something, she's not actually looking for a solution, she just wants to vent (i.e. complain) in order have someone feel her frustration. This is cathartic to women. Quite often women talk with no discernable purpose in mind, whereas when men speak, they speak to convey an actual point. Women involuntarily start saying things, and as annoying as the verbal diarrhea is, it's purely biological. They can't control themselves, so give them a little leeway.

In the instances she does want an actual solution, she silently demands your perfection, and any deviation of how smoothly something should go in her mind, automatically means incompetence on your part and impatience on hers. She thinks it should go smoothly and pays no attention to the epic effort people make to accommodate her, most likely, because her parents spoiled her.

Option 1: Burn her house down... but before you do, slap the sh*t out of her parents for raising a spoiled brat.

Option 2: Calmly, but assertively, tell her you tried to be a dutiful boyfriend and thought she was taking advantage of you, and to top it off, was completely unappreciative.

If little Miss Princess has a problem with Option 2, divert to Option 1.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
airmax1227
Posts: 13,244
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/13/2012 10:15:55 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I've got to entirely agree with Paradigm. He is indeed wise.

A mistake men usually make is thinking that women always want a solution. Men want to be problem solvers and make that mistake in thinking that the problem can actually be solved, or that the women is actually looking for a solution.

Just be a good listener. And that in itself will solve a lot of problems.
Debate.org Moderator
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:13:32 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
lolololololol When I read it from a guy's point of view I feel really bad.

I wasn't on my period but a few days ago I had a major mood swing and the conversation ended something like this:

Me: I'm crazy, I'm sorry, do you still like me?
Him: yes.

lol Koodos to you guys for putting up with it.
yang.
Ragnar_Rahl
Posts: 19,297
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:14:59 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
Um... this actually sounds like it might make sense. She didn't own the locker right?
It came to be at its height. It was commanded to command. It was a capital before its first stone was laid. It was a monument to the spirit of man.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:26:21 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?

"Spoiled" how? People, men and women, act irrationally sometimes and it's hard to follow their train of thought. It just so happens that hormones do affect how you feel and act.
yang.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:27:48 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:26:21 AM, tulle wrote:
At 4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?

"Spoiled" how? People, men and women, act irrationally sometimes and it's hard to follow their train of thought. It just so happens that hormones do affect how you feel and act.

If you've ever been in a relationship and you don't think you've ever acted irrationally or "spoiled" then you're probably wrong.
yang.
royalpaladin
Posts: 22,357
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:28:45 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:26:21 AM, tulle wrote:
At 4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?

"Spoiled" how?
Paradigm thinks that women act irrationally because they are spoiled. Did you read his post on the previous page? It was completely degrading.
People, men and women, act irrationally sometimes and it's hard to follow their train of thought. It just so happens that hormones do affect how you feel and act.

According to Paradigm, only men act rationally.
tulle
Posts: 4,445
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 11:32:30 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:28:45 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/14/2012 11:26:21 AM, tulle wrote:
At 4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?

"Spoiled" how?
Paradigm thinks that women act irrationally because they are spoiled. Did you read his post on the previous page? It was completely degrading.

No, I hadn't read that. Not sure if he was talking generally or if he meant in that specific situation...

People, men and women, act irrationally sometimes and it's hard to follow their train of thought. It just so happens that hormones do affect how you feel and act.

According to Paradigm, only men act rationally.

Not sure if that's what he was saying but I guess only he can clarify that.
yang.
Lickdafoot
Posts: 5,599
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 12:22:41 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have to agree with royal on this. Women are being generalized and not all of them act crazy or irrational just over their period. Women are complex creatures and you people constantly oversimplify them by saying "oh, must be on the rag, lolz."

And You know, some women really do appreciate the men in their life when they help them. It is not always so one sided. There are often women who do everything (take care of their kids, their finances, their house, etc, etc.) for their men that goes unappreciated.
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 1:13:07 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:13:32 AM, tulle wrote:
lolololololol When I read it from a guy's point of view I feel really bad.

I wasn't on my period but a few days ago I had a major mood swing and the conversation ended something like this:

Me: I'm crazy, I'm sorry, do you still like me?
Him: yes.

lol Koodos to you guys for putting up with it.:

Men have just as many obnoxious peccadillos that you ladies put up with. So kudos to you lovely ladies too.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 1:16:00 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:18:50 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
You know, just because one female was spoiled does not mean that all of us are. Some of these comments are completely degrading and I do not appreciate them at all. Why am I included in these nonsensical generalizations?:

It was only an anecdotal generalization that many men can relate to. If it doesn't apply to you, let it roll off your back like water on a duck.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 1:21:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Paradigm thinks that women act irrationally because they are spoiled.:

I was speaking specifically about his girlfriend based on the description provided by him. The generalization I made was that women tend to talk just for the sake of talking and that they often don't actually want a solution, they just want someone to sympathize/empathize with them.

Did you read his post on the previous page? It was completely degrading. According to Paradigm, only men act rationally.:

I never said that or implied it. Sorry if you were offended, but I thought that was actually pretty tame for me. :)
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
PARADIGM_L0ST
Posts: 6,958
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 1:26:34 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 12:22:41 PM, Lickdafoot wrote:
I have to agree with royal on this. Women are being generalized and not all of them act crazy or irrational just over their period. Women are complex creatures and you people constantly oversimplify them by saying "oh, must be on the rag, lolz.":

Of course it's a generalization, but it's one based on our own experiences which isn't up for debate. And, honestly, even women make comments about other women on their period. I haven't said anything that hasn't been said a million times by a million other people.

And You know, some women really do appreciate the men in their life when they help them. It is not always so one sided. There are often women who do everything (take care of their kids, their finances, their house, etc, etc.) for their men that goes unappreciated.:

I know, you're right. I was speaking in generalities. There are plenty of men (myself included) who have likewise taken the kindness of women for granted. Perhaps I just got wrapped up in the story and it irritated me because I've been in similar situations. No offense intended, ladies.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Ren
Posts: 7,102
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 1:30:32 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/13/2012 9:19:44 PM, Buddamoose wrote:
So yeah, TUF has a thread along this line but I feel this deserves a thread of its own.

The situation is this, I get done with a days work, and my gf is still working. Well she cant open her combination lock. I try to open it myself an umpteen amount of times to no avail. That means its gotta be cut, so i go back to the maintenance closet looking for bolt cutter, thats a no-go, there rusted and dull.

So I have no choice but to use a sawzall. After about 45 min to an hour of cuttin the lock I finally realize that its just not going to happen. So instead I cut through the loop that the lock is inserted through. That works like a charm.

So the situation thus far is:

A) Girlfriend cant get lock open, I must fix it as a good boyfriend should.
B) After nearly an hour I finally get the locker open, sadly the locker cant be used anymore and neither can the lock.

I go up to my girlfriend after all this and heres the conversation as it happened.

Myself- I got your locker open, but you're going to have to find a new locker and buy a new lock, I suggest a key-lock.

Her- *Rolls eyes* Fine(sarcastically)

Now my thought when this happened was, WTF, I just spent an hour opening your locker for you and all you can say is FINE!!

Her- Well shouldnt you be leaving now? Goodbye.

Myself- umm ok, i guess ill talk to you later then, bye.

Now not even 5 minutes ago she texts me when she gets home saying that I shouldnt of done that. Now I'm confused as all hell, because she wanted me to open her locker, and like it or not, thats the only way I was going to open it so she could get her purse and car keys out.

Then it occured to me, well shizz, shes on her period, no wonder shes not grateful that I actually spent an hour opening up her locker, after already working all day. Either way, I'm in the doghouse for doing what I was supposed to do in the first place, opening her locker...

So guys, my question is this, whats the most effed up thing you've gotten in trouble for with your significant other while they're on their period?

If you charmed her, she would have given you head.

Anyway, that's the way it's going to be. Forewarning.
Buddamoose
Posts: 19,449
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/14/2012 7:09:42 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
At 4/14/2012 11:14:59 AM, Ragnar_Rahl wrote:
Um... this actually sounds like it might make sense. She didn't own the locker right?

No, but i cleared it with the place before I took the sawzall to it, so its not that. Anyways shes fine now. I stayed away for the night and let her cool off, she apologized this mornin.

I apologized first but she said it was silly for me to be apologizing. I got her flowers too and it ends up unnecessary lol.
"Reality is an illusion created due to a lack of alcohol"
-Airmax1227

"You were the moon all this time, and he was always there to make you shine."

"Was he the sun?"

"No honey, he was the darkness"

-Kazekirion