I got $100!!!!!

Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:03:35 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I feel like Wayne and Garth!

I found a debit card in the atm when I drove up. The persons account was still open and everything! And it was a business account no less! Could've taken every last cent.

Anyway, I took the card with me since the bank was already closed, looked up the business online, and called the lady. She was so thankful for having her card returned that she sent me a check for $100!!!

Good deeds pay off sometimes! WOOT!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:05:37 PM
After reading "I could have taken every last cent" I thought, oh, you only took 100, that was nice of you I guess hah
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:06:47 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:05:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:
After reading "I could have taken every last cent" I thought, oh, you only took 100, that was nice of you I guess hah

LOL!!!! Yep. I'm a good girl. I took ONLY 100!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:07:24 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:07:09 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I would hvaea takena it all becasue i need all the monwey ican get against teh utah rapotors i have for neightrbours.

fixd
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:08:13 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:07:24 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
At 4/16/2012 6:07:09 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
I would hvaea takena it all becasue i need all the monwey ican get against teh utah rapotors i have for neightrbours.

fixd

oh yeah. good call on that typo. Common mistake.
:
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:08:59 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:05:37 PM, lewis20 wrote:

This
kfc
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:12:25 PM
I did a good deed once. Some girls wallet dropped out of her purse, so I picked it up and tried to give it back and her grandmother (or whatever old lady she was with) turned around, saw me with it and assumed I stole it, so she slapped me and took it out of my hands. So sometimes they don't pay of...lol
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
: thett was right
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:12:57 PM
Time to get this paa-perrr!
I'm down for the caper!

And by caper, I mean the delicious food that I'm currently cooking with my pasta :D
:
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:13:50 PM
Thats so stealing! xD I never find money on the floor I feel like the unluckiest person every day! xD
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:14:15 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:12:25 PM, thett3 wrote:
I did a good deed once. Some girls wallet dropped out of her purse, so I picked it up and tried to give it back and her grandmother (or whatever old lady she was with) turned around, saw me with it and assumed I stole it, so she slapped me and took it out of my hands. So sometimes they don't pay of...lol

hahah!!! Yes, I was careful to say that they only pay off sometimes ;)

I tried to do good deeds for my nemesis in the nemesis thread and that just came back and bit me in the a$$.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:14:32 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:13:50 PM, kyro90 wrote:
Thats so stealing! xD I never find money on the floor I feel like the unluckiest person every day! xD

?
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:15:35 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:14:53 PM, FREEDO wrote:
You could have had more.

lots more
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:16:01 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:15:35 PM, Oryus wrote:
You could have had more.

lots more

probably wouldn't have gotten away with it though.....
:
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:16:06 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:12:57 PM, Oryus wrote:
I'm down for the caper!

And by caper, I mean the delicious food that I'm currently cooking with my pasta :D

You realize you could have taken thousands and almost certainly got away with it? $100 isn't much, like if I were you I wouldn't really be actively rejoicing just much more reflecting. It's really rare that you'd be in such a directly moral situation that's extremely relevant to you.
OMGJustinBieber
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:19:07 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:16:01 PM, Oryus wrote:
You could have had more.

lots more

If you were 100% guaranteed to get away with it would you have taken from the account? How much? Be honest, was fear of being caught your main motive for returning?

Sorry, this just really interests me.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:20:14 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:16:06 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 4/16/2012 6:12:57 PM, Oryus wrote:
I'm down for the caper!

You realize you could have taken thousands and almost certainly got away with it? $100 isn't much, like if I were you I wouldn't really be actively rejoicing just much more reflecting. It's really rare that you'd be in such a directly moral situation that's extremely relevant to you.

I know! It's interesting isn't it??
It's like one of those moral thought experiments posed to understand human nature and morality.

But yes, I'm definitely rejoicing. That lady and I both just contributed to the goodness of humanity.

And if I had taken the money.... I don't think I would have liked it. What would I have done with the money that could be more important than this woman's life work? Her business is far more important than my weed stash. I'm getting by.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:22:40 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:19:07 PM, OMGJustinBieber wrote:
At 4/16/2012 6:16:01 PM, Oryus wrote:
You could have had more.

lots more

If you were 100% guaranteed to get away with it would you have taken from the account? How much? Be honest, was fear of being caught your main motive for returning?

Sorry, this just really interests me.

No. The thought of taking money didn't occur to me in the slightest. As soon as I realized there was a card in there, I immediately removed it and put it in an envelope to return it to the bank.

HOWEVER- Say it had been a business card for Target, Wal-Mart, or some other huge business- that would have made me wish I hadn't been so hasty in removing the card.
:
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:25:01 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:14:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

?

Basically, your lucky
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:26:54 PM
Much as I like to make fun of moral busy bodies, and as much as I dislike Kant, I do try and live by the platinum rule.

If everyone everywhere in situations like this took the money, how would the world be? Not a world I want to live in.

I rest easy knowing that I helped her faith in humanity. And I'm impressed by her generosity and feel the same way. Nobody likes to get f*cked over.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:27:16 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:25:01 PM, kyro90 wrote:
At 4/16/2012 6:14:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

?

Basically, your lucky

I'm not the lucky one- SHE was the lucky one.
:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:28:14 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
Nobody likes to get f*cked over.

hmmm. it really depends who it is. im generally not going to say no if shes willing but even i have standasrd.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:30:56 PM
I like how I'm blasting this song right now expressing the antithesis to what it's encouraging. Hell yeeeahhh....
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:34:24 PM
I might as well have named this thread "I JUST GOT A BUNCH OF FREE WEED!"
:
Thaddeus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:35:24 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:34:24 PM, Oryus wrote:
I might as well have named this thread "I JUST GOT A BUNCH OF FREE WEED!"

thats quite goodd. i aprove
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 6:36:31 PM
At 4/16/2012 6:26:54 PM, Oryus wrote:
Much as I like to make fun of moral busy bodies, and as much as I dislike Kant, I do try and live by the platinum rule.

If everyone everywhere in situations like this took the money, how would the world be? Not a world I want to live in.

I rest easy knowing that I helped her faith in humanity. And I'm impressed by her generosity and feel the same way. Nobody likes to get f*cked over.

If there were more people like you in the world, there would be more people who reacted in the way that the lady did.

You did the right thing, Oryus. That is more important than the money ;)
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...