Jump to topic:

My Dream Would Make a Good Movie

FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/16/2012 8:24:04 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
Last night I dreamed that I lived in a society which takes place far in the future. The people's technology has increased so far that they have now unlocked the secret to immortality. However, they have chosen to use it for more diabolical ends. People still appear to die but when they do they are projected into a sort of matrix afterlife which consists of a man-made heaven and hell that punishes or rewards people based on their life. I died and was taken immediately to hell. However, since I was alright by the standard of whoever is in charge, I only receive an eternity of having the job of pouring hot coals on people in an underground pit. Upon getting to my station, I decide "Fuck this". I organize a rebellion with the other people in my station and actually end up escaping hell and living undercover back in the physical world. I woke up before setting out to free everyone else. This is like an even more cruel 1984.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 2:13:08 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
That could actually make a pretty good sci-fi movie.

Science and religion combine to create a self-fulfilling prophecy!
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
nikidavis
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
6/8/2014 5:25:39 PM
Posted: 2 years ago
Interesting. I'm sure it would make a great idea for a film or book. But the quality of the film is not just the plot of the film, but the actors, setting, and much more. I think if you (or someone else) could pull it of as a book it might be much better.
One day I saw a man walking down the street, and he walked up to me and said, "Did you know that humans are the only species who tear down trees to make paper, and then write 'save the trees!' on them." I was amazed, then everyone else looked at him and glared with annoyance. I was the only one that actually cared, about the trees, about the man, about the world.