Total Posts:229|Showing Posts:1-30|Last Page
Jump to topic:

16 dating a man who is 21. Opinions please?

TannerNanner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:45:12 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
I have been dating a man who is 21, I will soon be 16. Although society is very against this my parents love him. I have been with him for almost twenty-one months. I know the risks of sagitory rape, and that of the consequences. We can discuses things on a mature level, and have a lot in common. He is not attracted to other girls my age just me. I don't want to be naive and throw the word around but I believe I love this man, and age is said to be just a number. What is so wrong with this?
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:47:14 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:45:12 PM, TannerNanner wrote:
I have been dating a man who is 21, I will soon be 16. Although society is very against this my parents love him. I have been with him for almost twenty-one months. I know the risks of sagitory rape, and that of the consequences. We can discuses things on a mature level, and have a lot in common. He is not attracted to other girls my age just me. I don't want to be naive and throw the word around but I believe I love this man, and age is said to be just a number. What is so wrong with this?

The fact that there's things that you don't understand about him which both make your relationship possible and make him potentially dangerous, but at the very least, much less appealing than you realize.

If I were you, I'd watch the Twilight series a few times over some Ben and Jerry's and start getting over him now.

Word from the wise.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:47:55 PM
If your parents are fine with it, its probobly fine. Its not like the goverments watching you two 24/7.
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:48:26 PM

You began dating him when you were about 13 and he was 19? :/ Sagitory rape? :/

Why do you want our opinions?
yang.
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:49:04 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:48:26 PM, tulle wrote:

You began dating him when you were about 13 and he was 19? :/ Sagitory rape? :/

Why do you want our opinions?

LOL
Yeah. Thats illegal im sure. xD
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:51:59 PM
I can't believe your parents are cool with that shit.

Scary.

You better hope the authorities never see this. xD

Man, if I ever met a full grown man that was "dating" my 13 year old daughter, I'd beat him an inch from his life.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:53:24 PM
I have been dating a man who is 21, I will soon be 16. Although society is very against this my parents love him. I have been with him for almost twenty-one months. I know the risks of statutory rape, and that of the consequences. We can discuses things on a mature level, and have a lot in common. He is not attracted to other girls my age just me. I don't want to be naive and throw the word around but I believe I love this man, and age is said to be just a number. What is so wrong with this?

Age difference gets less significant the older you get. When you're five- 8 year olds are basically adults. When you're 16, you've still got about 10 years before your brain is fully developed.

Statistically speaking, chicks who date guys who are much older come out of the relationship feeling used or regretting it. That is not to say that you will feel this way, of course. It just happens a lot. So it's something to keep in mind.

I'm pretty sure that the only way your boyfriend could get in trouble for statutory rape is if you or your parents press charges. Unless you get caught having sex by a cop, you're probably o.k. but you shouldn't take my word on that- I'm not a lawyer and laws are different from state to state.

Anyway, I would just say be careful. People are rapidly changing at your age and there's no guarantee you'll resemble who you are now in a few years. That would probably be the biggest hurdle, in my humble opinion.
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: :
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
: I'm just going to leave this precious struggle nugget right here.
TannerNanner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:53:32 PM
Don't get me wrong I know it may not be an "ideal" or "appealing" relationship to others, but it is to me. Previous posts bring up sagitory rape and I am very aware of that factor as I said in my original post. I know it is not legal but only if he was "turned in for something" is it a risk. A stranger would not have the evidence to turn him in and my parents are okay with our relationship.
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:53:58 PM
I'll be honest, most 21 year olds are as mature as 15 year olds hah
http://brosliketheseshirts.spreadshirt.com...

On a slightly more serious note, my youngest brother is your age and I can't imagine anyone that age being mature enough for that kind of relationship...But I've been wrong before, good luck to you.
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:54:28 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:47:14 PM, Ren wrote:

The fact that there's things that you don't understand about him which both make your relationship possible and make him potentially dangerous, but at the very least, much less appealing than you realize.

If I were you, I'd watch the Twilight series a few times over some Ben and Jerry's and start getting over him now.

Word from the wise.

Ew , no that would be the worst thing to watch... Talk about romanticizing abusive relationships...

Watch Harry Potter ;)
: : :Tulle: The fool, I purposely don't engage with you because you don't have proper command of the English language.
: : The Fool: It's my English writing. Either way It's okay have a larger vocabulary then you, and a better grasp of language, and you're a woman.
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:55:25 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:53:32 PM, TannerNanner wrote:
Don't get me wrong I know it may not be an "ideal" or "appealing" relationship to others, but it is to me. Previous posts bring up sagitory rape and I am very aware of that factor as I said in my original post. I know it is not legal but only if he was "turned in for something" is it a risk. A stranger would not have the evidence to turn him in and my parents are okay with our relationship.

No I'm just shocked and appalled that you said "sagitory rape" yet claim to understand what it really means. There's no such thing as sagitory rape.
yang.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:56:35 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:55:25 PM, tulle wrote:

No I'm just shocked and appalled that you said "sagitory rape" yet claim to understand what it really means. There's no such thing as sagitory rape.

I did a little facepalm, myself.......
:
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:56:50 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:53:58 PM, lewis20 wrote:

On a slightly more serious note, my youngest brother is your age and I can't imagine anyone that age being mature enough for that kind of relationship...But I've been wrong before, good luck to you.

I laughed at this for like 10 minutes.
GeoLaureate8
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:57:46 PM
This was normal centuries ago, not so much anymore. I am against the idea of things being taboo, but this situation has some fundamental problems. Society looks down on it, but ef society. The problem is that relationships should be between people of the same growth maturity.

Non-fully developed should not be with fully developed. Wait til youre both fully developed.
"We must raise the standard of the Old, free, decentralized, and strictly limited Republic."
-- Murray Rothbard

"The worst thing that can happen to a good cause is, not to be skillfully attacked, but to be ineptly defended."
-- Frederic Bastiat
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:57:52 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:53:58 PM, lewis20 wrote:

AHHHHHH! HAHAHAHAH that shirt is awful! hahaha
:
FREEDO
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 5:57:59 PM
I don't see why not. 16 year olds make make decisions for themselves just as much as 18 year olds.
GRAND POOBAH OF DDO

fnord
lewis20
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:00:20 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:57:59 PM, FREEDO wrote:
I don't see why not. 16 year olds make make decisions for themselves just as much as 18 year olds.

No? hah they don't do they?
"If you are a racist I will attack you with the north"- Abraham Lincoln

"Do not wear clothing woven of two kinds of material" - Leviticus 19 19

"War is a racket" - Smedley Butler
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:00:56 PM
At 4/17/2012 5:56:35 PM, Oryus wrote:

I'm not trying to be a b!tch to the OP, I just don't understand the purpose of this thread. I can't imagine that anything we say could really have any bearing on her real life. So what if we tell her it's a bad idea? She's been with him for the past 21 months. Who cares about the opinions of some randoms on the internet you've never spoken to before when you've got your own feelings and your parents are okay with it? I don't see why she wants our opinions.
yang.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:01:45 PM

No, fool, it's not that it's "ideal" or "appealing" (this is really scary, man, that totally sounds like she's repeating some manipulative shit, here), but there is a rational reason that your relationship is not okay.

It's that you are a child and he is an adult. Therefore, the mere fact that he is interested in a relationship with you in the first place is alarming, and you should stay a million miles away from the dude; potentially report him to the authorities (I know if I were your Dad, I sure as Hell would).

I know you don't understand that now -- you're merely flattered that he's interested in you, and it makes you feel special and beautiful, as it's not very common for grown men to be attracted to you or your peers, and I realize that you're cognizant and you generally understand what you've encountered about the world; but, please, please, for your sake and all your future relationships, just take heed from an experienced, nonpartisan stranger: he is a bad man, even if he doesn't seem like one, and you don't need some weird pedobear to tell you you're pretty in order to feel pretty. Please stop yourself now before something happens, God forbid.

Serio. Trust.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:02:32 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:00:56 PM, tulle wrote:

I'm not trying to be a b!tch to the OP, I just don't understand the purpose of this thread. I can't imagine that anything we say could really have any bearing on her real life. So what if we tell her it's a bad idea? She's been with him for the past 21 months. Who cares about the opinions of some randoms on the internet you've never spoken to before when you've got your own feelings and your parents are okay with it? I don't see why she wants our opinions.

Who knows...

I'm drawn to it because I have a male family member who is 21 and currently dating a 16 year old. I watch him like a hawk....
:
TannerNanner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:03:35 PM

There is such a thing as sagitory rape:
It can be called Sagitory rape, of statutory rape. The definitions are close to the same.
The definition is: Sexual intercourse with a person who, as defined by the statutes of the jurisdiction, cannot legally give consent, usually because of being underage
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:05:40 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:02:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

Who knows...

I'm drawn to it because I have a male family member who is 21 and currently dating a 16 year old. I watch him like a hawk....

That is not okay. That is fucking weird.

When I was 21, dating a 16 year old would have been irritating as Hell. Girls my age were horny, easy, plentiful, legal, and plentiful without restrictive schedules due to fucking highschool and parents, wtf.

Pedobears are everywhere.
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:07:45 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:03:35 PM, TannerNanner wrote:

It can be called Sagitory rape, of statutory rape. The definitions are close to the same.
The definition is: Sexual intercourse with a person who, as defined by the statutes of the jurisdiction, cannot legally give consent, usually because of being underage

I dont know... I just don't think so. Tried to look it up and google keeps asking "did you mean statutory?" And when I click on links, it defines "statutory rape." Saying sagitory might just be a common mistake. Even my computer is telling me the word doesn't exist.
:
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:09:36 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:03:35 PM, TannerNanner wrote:

Never heard of it termed that way before.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:10:42 PM
She's not even 16 though, she's 15... and they've been dating since she was 13. I don't know what a 19 year old wants with a 13-year old.
yang.
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:11:46 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:10:42 PM, tulle wrote:
She's not even 16 though, she's 15... and they've been dating since she was 13. I don't know what a 19 year old wants with a 13-year old.

^^^^ HELLO, PEOPLE!!!
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:12:51 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:05:40 PM, Ren wrote:
At 4/17/2012 6:02:32 PM, Oryus wrote:

Who knows...

That is not okay. That is fucking weird.

When I was 21, dating a 16 year old would have been irritating as Hell. Girls my age were horny, easy, plentiful, legal, and plentiful without restrictive schedules due to fucking highschool and parents, wtf.

Pedobears are everywhere.

furreal. pedobear... why does he have to be so cute?

And I have a distant cousin that was recently charged with the statutory rape of a 15 year old- he is 25. And not just statutory either, she wasn't o.k. with it. They are trying to convict him for more.

So, basically, I have one less cousin. These kinds of things are shady, in general. But there's generally no convincing a teenager that they're doing something risky.
:
Oryus
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:14:27 PM
At 4/17/2012 6:10:42 PM, tulle wrote:

ugh.... she may not even have started her period yet. Jesus christ.....

I came into the thread with an open mind but I think I might be coming out of it with a sick stomach......
:
TannerNanner
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/17/2012 6:15:28 PM

This is after all Debate.org. I posted it because I knew it would bring-up some controversy. I am not going to take the opinions to heart, I am just curious. In eight years (if we decide to peruse it that long) as a previous post stated it will look very common.