: thett was right
imabench
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/21/2012 10:14:02 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
anyone else have an awkward boner?
Kevin24018 : "He's just so mean it makes me want to ball up my fists and stamp on the ground"

7/14/16 = The Presidency Dies

DDO: THE MOVIE = http://www.debate.org...
http://www.debate.org...

VP of DDO from Dec 14th 2014 to Jan 1st 2015
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:38:09 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:35:44 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
LOL, this thread is unnecessary though. I didn't make a thread when I qualified for OHSSL States or NFL Nats.

Thats thread worthy. 3A is like...no. I placed 4th in 5A extemp with literally no practice or research at all, just random BS.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

"Don't quote me, ever." -Max

"My name is max. I'm not a big fan of slacks"- Max rapping

"Walmart should have the opportunity to bribe a politician to it's agenda" -Max

"Thett, you're really good at convincing people you're a decent person"-tulle

"You fit the character of Regina George quite nicely"- Sam

: At 11/12/2016 11:49:40 PM, Raisor wrote:
Koopin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:38:11 AM
At 4/21/2012 10:14:02 PM, imabench wrote:
anyone else have an awkward boner?

Yes! It's been this way for two days, how do I make it stop?!?
kfc
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:40:00 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:35:01 AM, royalpaladin wrote:
At 4/21/2012 9:54:15 PM, thett3 wrote:
The chicks must be all over you bro.

Be nice, lol.

I dont mean this the wrong way, but girls are real wild cards in debate. I mean it seems like every debate I had with one the judge either said I convincingly won or convincingly lost, dont think I ever had one say that it was close. And one time I actually thought I lost and won, and another vice-versa. You guys are hard to predict :/
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:41:01 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:38:09 AM, thett3 wrote:
LOL, this thread is unnecessary though. I didn't make a thread when I qualified for OHSSL States or NFL Nats.

Thats thread worthy. 3A is like...no. I placed 4th in 5A extemp with literally no practice or research at all, just random BS.

Lol yeah in basic extemp all you have to do is be in the time limit and stay on topic and you'll go pretty far. Doesn't really matter how well you speak in prelim rounds.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:42:26 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:41:01 AM, BlackVoid wrote:

Lol yeah in basic extemp all you have to do is be in the time limit and stay on topic and you'll go pretty far. Doesn't really matter how well you speak in prelim rounds.

THAT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE DONT YOU DARE TRY AND BELITTLE IT YOU GUTLESS COWARD

)':
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:43:24 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:42:26 AM, thett3 wrote:

THAT WAS THE BEST MOMENT OF MY LIFE DONT YOU DARE TRY AND BELITTLE IT YOU GUTLESS COWARD

)':

I watched extemp finals one time and 2 people opened their speeches by rapping in a foreign language.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 12:45:51 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:43:24 AM, BlackVoid wrote:
At 4/22/2012 12:42:26 AM, thett3 wrote:

)':

I watched extemp finals one time and 2 people opened their speeches by rapping in a foreign language.

I watched your mom last night.

Burn.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:04:20 AM

Wait, are there different levels of States? That sounds dumb.
buckIPDA
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:05:03 AM
Wait, wait, wait wait. Wait.

1. This is the proper section for this thread, and this thread is legitimate. UIL is the most established state based forensics organization in the world. Especially when we realize that the state of Texas is the most active in terms of speech and debate, and has more competitors than even California.

2. I attend a small country school that doesn't even have a debate coach. I've had to do everything myself this year, even going so far to drive half-way across the state of Texas to attend a tournament no less than 7 times. Possibly more, but I can't remember.

3. I was able to defeat several National qualifiers to achieved a qualifying spot to the state tournament, as 3A schools in the state of Texas are more numerous than any other school classification.

4. I have been working towards this my entire High-School career. I used to be much more active on this site under the username BangBang-Coconut, and I thought this would be cool thing to share.

So finally, please do not patronize me. If you don't care than that's fine, but there is no reason to undermine my achievements. I'm sorry that I thought this was something this community would care about, but I've worked hard for this, and I refuse to allow my achievements to be degraded.
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:05:41 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:04:20 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Wait, are there different levels of States? That sounds dumb.

Only at UIL, which no one goes to. NFL has only one.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:05:53 AM
At 4/22/2012 12:40:00 AM, BlackVoid wrote:

Be nice, lol.

I dont mean this the wrong way, but girls are real wild cards in debate. I mean it seems like every debate I had with one the judge either said I convincingly won or convincingly lost, dont think I ever had one say that it was close. And one time I actually thought I lost and won, and another vice-versa. You guys are hard to predict :/

Are you talking about female judges or female competitors? LOL

I remember some of the psychological tricks I used to play on my opponents before rounds :)
darkkermit
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:06:57 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:05:53 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

Be nice, lol.

I remember some of the psychological tricks I used to play on my opponents before rounds :)

do tell.
Open borders debate:
http://www.debate.org...
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:07:02 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:05:03 AM, buckIPDA wrote:

1. This is the proper section for this thread, and this thread is legitimate. UIL is the most established state based forensics organization in the world. Especially when we realize that the state of Texas is the most active in terms of speech and debate, and has more competitors than even California.

2. I attend a small country school that doesn't even have a debate coach. I've had to do everything myself this year, even going so far to drive half-way across the state of Texas to attend a tournament no less than 7 times. Possibly more, but I can't remember.

3. I was able to defeat several National qualifiers to achieved a qualifying spot to the state tournament, as 3A schools in the state of Texas are more numerous than any other school classification.

4. I have been working towards this my entire High-School career. I used to be much more active on this site under the username BangBang-Coconut, and I thought this would be cool thing to share.

So finally, please do not patronize me. If you don't care than that's fine, but there is no reason to undermine my achievements. I'm sorry that I thought this was something this community would care about, but I've worked hard for this, and I refuse to allow my achievements to be degraded.

Oh, I remember you. You are a pretty good debater :)
thett3
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:07:10 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:05:03 AM, buckIPDA wrote:

We're just trolling you. Do not allow your pride in your accomplishments be downgraded by random @ssholes on the internet.
DDO Vice President

#StandwithBossy

#UnbanTheMadman

#BetOnThett

BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:10:58 AM

Be nice, lol.

Both, really.

And like Dark said, tell us.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:11:22 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:06:57 AM, darkkermit wrote:

Be nice, lol.

do tell.

LOL, there are several. I would often flirt with and be really nice to some of my male opponents just to catch them off guard when I was really aggressive in CX. I also used to purposefully build my opponents up before the round started and put myself down severely so that they would be nonsensically overconfident. Then I would spread them in my first rebuttal with a bunch of turns (since most people ran the same stock arguments in my district I had turns pre-prepared) and run unique cases so that they would get confused and drop my case while trying to defend the attacks on their cases. I also used SAT words so that my opponents would spend half of their prep time trying to figure out exactly what my contentions were and so that the judges would subconsciously agree with everything that I said just to think that they were intelligent.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:13:42 AM
My favorite round happened at Big Districts. Some team had prepped out my case, and their coach was blatantly helping one of the competitors before the round started in front of the room. I got miffed, so as soon as it started, I pulled out my alternate case. The idiot didn't even realize that I had used a different case (since he didn't bother to flow) until I pointed out that he dropped the AC in my 1AR. That was a major lulz moment.
BlackVoid
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:23:01 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:11:22 AM, royalpaladin wrote:

LOL, there are several. I would often flirt with and be really nice to some of my male opponents just to catch them off guard when I was really aggressive in CX. I also used to purposefully build my opponents up before the round started and put myself down severely so that they would be nonsensically overconfident. Then I would spread them in my first rebuttal with a bunch of turns (since most people ran the same stock arguments in my district I had turns pre-prepared) and run unique cases so that they would get confused and drop my case while trying to defend the attacks on their cases. I also used SAT words so that my opponents would spend half of their prep time trying to figure out exactly what my contentions were and so that the judges would subconsciously agree with everything that I said just to think that they were intelligent.

Lol, so you're the person that goes into a traditional value debate area and runs K's and counterplans? Sounds like Thett.
Mestari
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:34:10 AM

Be nice, lol.

do tell.

Ahem.
Rules of Mafia

1. Mestari is never third party.
2. If Mestari claims an intricate and page long TP role, he's telling the truth.
3. Mestari always jointly wins with the town.
3b. If he doesn't he's mafia.
3c. If he was mafia you wouldn't suspect him in the first place.
4. If you lynch Mestari you will lose because he will be the third party Doctor or some other townie power role.
5. DP1 lynches are good.
6. The answer is always no.
royalpaladin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 1:39:57 AM
At 4/22/2012 1:34:10 AM, Mestari wrote:

Be nice, lol.

do tell.

Ahem.

I'm in college, Bunny. That's what I did in High School LD :)