Jump to topic:

guy problem...help??

THEjinxxedme
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
4/22/2012 9:47:36 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
see the thing is my best guy friend and i (its been 3 years since we're talking) and we talk really less and we only text and i still think we're quite fond of each other.. at least i do.
and now..like two weeks back he told me that wont be able to talk to me for this whole year and i was like why? but then the other day he talked to me normally and the next also we talked for quite sometime. so yesterday he texts me again sorry i cant talk to you no-more and then i am like why and then he writes " cuz i don't deserve to" and now i really don't understand what he means...can somebody help?
RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 11:18:14 AM
He's looking for attention. Since you refer to him as your guy friend and no mention of a attraction then I'm assuming it's platonic in your eyes? He may be trying to feel you out to see if their is a attraction there as their is one on his end. Or he is simply trying to garner attention to himself through you by his knowing that you will reassure him he is worth talking to.

I would go with the first one though. In seeing if you reply that he is deserving to talk to you then it opens up the possibility of being worth getting into your pants. That's all a guy really wants actually and everything we do for women is a extension of that pretty much. We buy you flowers, hold open the door , listen to your nagging, deal with your self created issue of the day ...all with hopes we will get laid. It's been programmed into our instinct to procreate and survive as a species.

I'm not saying its impossible to have a platonic relationship with a female I'm just saying its very very rare. I have two. One with my roommate I rent a room out to. She is a great friend and I love her dearly. Frankly I don't find her attractive at all and would DENY any chance of anything happening between us. I love her though as she's been there when no one else has been and saved my life on one occasion. As well I can't live with guys I am a alpha male big time and another guy in my space irritates me to no end. The other is my babies mother and the only reason I am her friend and it's civil is for my sons sake not mine or hers. If we didn't have a child together I would have never even spoke to her after we broke up again.

So that all in mind that's what I think the motivation is for your "friend" doing what he has done. He's trying to feel you out to see if the possibility to feel you up is there. If not then he has the out of not talking to you anymore and the bonus of the inflicted guilt you will have by being to good for him when the communication ends. You thought women played head games eh?
RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 12:11:17 PM
At 5/1/2012 11:51:42 AM, darkkermit wrote:
If one is stuck in the friend zone, sometimes the best thing to do is no longer be friends with that person.

I agree with this and as a fellow male it is normal to feel this way!
My proof ....listen to the answers depending on the sex of the person answering