Total Posts:13|Showing Posts:1-13
Jump to topic:

Is this what a drug addiction feels like?

Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 1:37:54 AM
Posted: 4 years ago
You don't actually like how you feel after you take your drugs, but then when you don't take drugs, you have this inexplicable urge to take some?
lannan13
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 7:39:55 AM
It's a dog eat dog world. You made a God forsaken wrong move and down the road it'll kechup to yah.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-Lannan13'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

If the sky's the limit then why do we have footprints on the Moon? I'm shooting my aspirations for the stars.

"If you are going through hell, keep going." "Sir Winston Churchill

"No one can make you feel inferior without your consent." "Eleanor Roosevelt

Topics I want to debate. (http://tinyurl.com...)
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~
RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 10:58:40 AM
At 5/1/2012 1:37:54 AM, Cermank wrote:
You don't actually like how you feel after you take your drugs, but then when you don't take drugs, you have this inexplicable urge to take some?

There are two types of drug addiction. Physical and mentally adictive substances. I've used a ton of both in my day. Some drugs are only one and some are both. The examples of the most popular drugs are as follows

Alcohol-both
Tobacco-both
Marijuana-mentally
Meth-both
Cocaine-both
Extacy or MDMA- both
Opiates(Heroin,Oxy-Cotin)-both
Now physically addictive substances usually take awhile to become that way. Then once your body builds a tolerance for these substances it becomes part of the routine metabolism of your body. The worst part about this is of course the physical symptoms of withdrawal. They can range from minor to major but the best part is they pass and after they are gone they don't return.

Mental addiction is a horse of a different nature. Although nothing physically painful or discomforting about this addiction it's the version of it that will make someone relapse(fall back into drugs) I would say in 99/100 cases. It is more of a desire that pops into you conscious or sub conscious thought. It takes a bit of strength to resist the urge and you really have to want to not do something to prevent yourself from falling back into it habitually.

Meth is a drug I have quite a bit of experience with so I'll use it to try and give you a better understanding. The first times I tried it I was up going strong on it for three days. Besides the after effects of not sleeping and all I was fine once I did get some sleep. I woke up feeling alright and went on with life. When I was selling drugs years ago I was using it quite extensively. I could do lines of it and go right to sleep if I wanted to. Something I never could have done when initially trying it. When I didn't do it I would sleep for a day or two. When I awoke I was over emotional, irritable and prone to rage, lethargic, and unmotivated to do anything, depression is also common. I felt I let myself down, hated my self, thought I was a failure etc etc.

Now with meth the mental addiction is there for life. I still often get urges to do it. I haven't touched it for awhile now but I'll dream about doing it, get the craving of the taste it leaves in the back of your throat when you snort it, continually thinking about it for up to a hour or so at a time. Their have been studies that once you do meth two or three times it takes your brain up to two years to stop CONTINOUSLY thinking about that drug. Because of the way it sets off serotonin and dopamine in your brain. Those are the chemicals released that tell your body it is receiving pleasure. So when you eat, have sex or for better term have a orgasm, when you sleep, eat chocolate etc. That is the basis for any drug really is the ability to manipulate your brain into releasing these hormones and that is why meth usage along with speeding up your cardiovascular and nervous systems keeps you up and makes you not eat. Cause your body is being told it doesn't need to sleep, eat, and why it turns you into a sexual deviant for the most part because your body in part is expecting that physical stimulus of a orgasm or pleasure associated with sexual activity.

Hope that explains it terms that someone that has never done drugs would understand. My advice on drugs is DON'T. No drugs with the exception. Of LSD the first time I used it, ever brought any positive to my life at all. I could go on with the horror stories I lived first hand but it won't do any good. Just take my word for it, I have done everything under the sun and every way you could do it and I'm telling you it will only flush your life and your motivation to do anything but get high right down the toilet.
Cermank
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 8:52:09 AM
At 5/1/2012 10:58:40 AM, RedneckR0nin wrote:

I guess I'm more onto the physical addiction thing, because I hate it when I take it, however, I hate it more when I don't.

Also, the drugs are medicinal, but it seems I'm becoming addicted to them, so I need to get tested again.
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 9:02:06 AM
You don't actually like how you feel after you take your drugs, but then when you don't take drugs, you have this inexplicable urge to take some?:

In simple terms, think of it like some food you really enjoy. Lets say it happens to be some kind of food that you know is not good for you, but it sure tastes good. You know that you shouldn't be eating it, and you don't want to eat it, and there is this war between a strong compulsion to have it and your wits that tell you not to have it. It's like that, but magnify it times 50.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 9:03:50 AM
At 5/2/2012 9:02:06 AM, PARADIGM_L0ST wrote:
You don't actually like how you feel after you take your drugs, but then when you don't take drugs, you have this inexplicable urge to take some?:

In simple terms, think of it like some food you really enjoy. Lets say it happens to be some kind of food that you know is not good for you, but it sure tastes good. You know that you shouldn't be eating it, and you don't want to eat it, and there is this war between a strong compulsion to have it and your wits that tell you not to have it. It's like that, but magnify it times 50.

NO WAY can it surpass Twinkies!

NO EFFING WAY! :P
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Ren
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 9:06:51 AM
At 5/2/2012 8:52:09 AM, Cermank wrote:

I guess I'm more onto the physical addiction thing, because I hate it when I take it, however, I hate it more when I don't.

Also, the drugs are medicinal, but it seems I'm becoming addicted to them, so I need to get tested again.

Percs?
Lickdafoot
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 9:39:17 AM

ohhhh... girl. if you are talking about pain pills, you need to be very careful. they are turning into an epidemic. opiates are a mild form of heroin O.o
WAKE UP AND READ THIS: http://www.debate.org...
PARADIGM_L0ST
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 10:06:28 AM
At 5/2/2012 9:39:17 AM, Lickdafoot wrote:

ohhhh... girl. if you are talking about pain pills, you need to be very careful. they are turning into an epidemic. opiates are a mild form of heroin O.o:

Not a mild form, Opium is the active ingredient in heroin! It's legal heroin, which is why it's such bullshite that Big Pharm has a monopoly on the drug trade.

But I concur, pain pills have very dangerous potential.
"Have you ever considered suicide? If not, please do." -- Mouthwash (to Inferno)
Danielle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 3:40:40 PM
I know too many people with pill addictions. If you don't want to do something but feel compelled to do so - especially if it has to do with drugs - you are addicted and you don't need anyone on this board to confirm that. The proof is in the pudding. You need to talk to someone ASAP. It doesn't make you a bad person and nobody is going to judge you, especially if your habit started out medicinally. What's important is that you start treatment for the physical dependence. You're not using pills to "escape" which is a good thing, but rather because you've developed a physical habit that you need to sustain in order to not get sick. At least you only have 1 demon to battle rather than a psychological addiction as well. This can be treated, but the sooner you do so, the better. Good luck!
President of DDO
RedneckR0nin
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 5:59:12 PM
At 5/2/2012 3:40:40 PM, Danielle wrote:
I know too many people with pill addictions. If you don't want to do something but feel compelled to do so - especially if it has to do with drugs - you are addicted and you don't need anyone on this board to confirm that. The proof is in the pudding. You need to talk to someone ASAP. It doesn't make you a bad person and nobody is going to judge you, especially if your habit started out medicinally. What's important is that you start treatment for the physical dependence. You're not using pills to "escape" which is a good thing, but rather because you've developed a physical habit that you need to sustain in order to not get sick. At least you only have 1 demon to battle rather than a psychological addiction as well. This can be treated, but the sooner you do so, the better. Good luck!

^This is really good advice^
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:24:14 PM

Call a drug addiction helpline
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.