Jump to topic:

I am so creeped out right now :/

tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:20:05 PM
Posted: 4 years ago
So my sister texts me this morning saying "I know you had four pickles on your burger last night". It turns out a friend of hers works at the fast food restaurant I went to and recognized me... she's never met me, but my sister looks a lot like me :/

This happens all the time. I'll have people I don't even know asking if I have a sister that goes to such and such school. It goes both ways as well. People I know who have never met her and who wouldn't even have known I have a sister (I have two) go up to her and ask if she's related to me.

She's 6 years younger than me and I feel like I have a doppelganger. I don't know why the concept creeps me out so much. The idea of mirrors and twins and doppelgangers just totally creeps me out.

There's really no point to this thread, I'm just totally creeped out.
yang.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:28:57 PM
Lol, yeah on one of my previous soccer teams people from my older brothers team (we played on the same field), would always ask if I was ****'s brother. Happened all the time, though we are only three years apart not six.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:38:26 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:29:38 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
My sisters ask their friends who go to the same uni as me to spy on me. Its very annoying.

That would be haha
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 3:40:09 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:28:57 PM, phantom wrote:
Lol, yeah on one of my previous soccer teams people from my older brothers team (we played on the same field), would always ask if I was ****'s brother. Happened all the time, though we are only three years apart not six.

I can kind of see that happening because you probably interact with similar circles?
yang.
phantom
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 4:09:57 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:40:09 PM, tulle wrote:
At 5/1/2012 3:28:57 PM, phantom wrote:

I can kind of see that happening because you probably interact with similar circles?

I think I see what you mean. Yes, the fact that we both played on the same field and same team, just different age groups, would definately increase the chance of them guessing that we were brothers. That is quite different to you, because they would only have the similarity in profiles to go off of.
"Music is a zen-like ecstatic state where you become the new man of the future, the Nietzschean merger of Apollo and Dionysus." Ray Manzarek (The Doors)
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 5:33:39 PM
I wish I had a sibling that would care to do that. That way I know they actually care for me. :)
Allow me to give you my card....
Oh you cant read? Pitty. It says,
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/1/2012 8:54:41 PM
At 5/1/2012 5:27:53 PM, Greyparrot wrote:
Im surprised an attractive woman is not used to unwanted attention from unexpected sources.

Thank you for the compliment but it's not about attractiveness :/ just random people who know one of us immediately recognize the other. What's creepy is I had no idea her friend recognized me, I was with a friend and I could have been talking about anything... And she remembered my order and told my sister about it lol
yang.
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:48:59 AM
Burn her house down!..........Oh that's your house too.
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
That is all.- Thaddeus Rivers
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 9:06:44 AM
At 5/2/2012 6:48:59 AM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Point?
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 2:22:17 PM
At 5/2/2012 9:06:44 AM, OberHerr wrote:

Point?

True
Trying to figure out women is like trying to solve a Rubik's cube with missing pieces. While blind. And on fire. And being shot.-Agent_Orange
Dude. Shades
One thing that isn't a joke though is the fact that woman are computers.Some buttons you can press and it'l work fine, but if you push the wrong one you'll get the blue screen of death.
silly, thett. girls are only good for sex. being friends with a female is of no value.-darkkermit
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 3:18:00 PM
At 5/2/2012 2:22:17 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:

Point?

True

Dont burn her house down lol. Ya got to be happy that she cares for ya.
You are now holding the card of the Awesome-Steller-Second-to-none-hot-cool-funny-incredible-magical-beautious-cuddly-warm-kitty-kat-like Secretary
Calvincambridge
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 3:46:27 PM
At 5/2/2012 3:18:00 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Point?

True

So are we friends again?
Dude. Shades
kyro90
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 4:54:45 PM
At 5/2/2012 3:46:27 PM, Calvincambridge wrote:
At 5/2/2012 3:18:00 PM, kyro90 wrote:

Point?

True

So are we friends again?

When were we ever not friends? I only hate one person on this site lol.
1dustpelt
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 6:25:15 PM
Pickles are disgusting
Wall of LOL
"Infanticide is justified as long as the infants are below two" ~ RoyalPaladin
"Promoting female superiority is the only way to establish equality." ~ RoyalPaladin
"Jury trials should be banned. They're nothing more than opportunities for racists to destroy lives." ~ RoyalPaladin after the Zimmerman Trial.
OberHerr
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 8:54:12 PM
At 5/2/2012 7:15:30 PM, Ren wrote:
At 5/2/2012 6:25:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Pickles are disgusting

Whaaaaaaat?

Pickles + burgers; essential.

Eh, debatable.
-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-OBERHERR'S SIGNATURE-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-

Official Enforcer for the DDO Elite(if they existed).

"Cases are anti-town." - FourTrouble

-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-~-
WriterSelbe
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 8:58:00 PM
At 5/1/2012 3:29:38 PM, Thaddeus wrote:
My sisters ask their friends who go to the same uni as me to spy on me. Its very annoying.

That's a bit more than annoying...
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 11:13:28 PM
At 5/2/2012 6:25:15 PM, 1dustpelt wrote:
Pickles are disgusting

Come to Canada and I'll show you a REAL burger. These aren't short sliced pickles either. They were 4, long sliced pickles *drool*... But it was a veggie burger and I gave up vegetarianism right there.
yang.
tulle
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/2/2012 11:14:17 PM

That would make me the evil doppelganger that I'm so terrified of Lmao
yang.
F-16_Fighting_Falcon
Add as Friend
Challenge to a Debate
Send a Message
5/21/2012 7:43:04 PM
It is not a co-incidence that you look like your sister. For every two people that look alike, one of them has the good qualities and the other one is imbued with evil. If the two dopplegangers are left alone, they would do unspeakable damage to each other (PM me if you want to discuss in detail). A child that seems so harmless may one day become your downfall. Be carefull. Be veeery careful...

(And read this at night when you are alone).